• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movin' Right Along: August 2014 Trip

It's been really boring at work this past week, so I've been planning. Making charts and lists and tables. I'm driving myself crazy :)

I saw a 1 br value at AKV. I contacted the dvc owner I'm renting from, but by the time we connected it was gone :(. But I'm on a waiting list, so we'll see.

Here's how our trip is shaping up.

Sat 16th- check in BWV around noon. Epcot, visit BW
Sun-HS
Mon-epcot
Tues-check out, MK, check in VWL
Wed-MK
Thurs-off, check out, FW, dtd, check in AKV
Fri-ak, pm open
Sat- ak, pm open
Sun-check out, unplanned, DME around 4pm

The open times we'll either visit TL, park hop, or do things at akl.

Now I just need to pack and go ;)

I can't believe it's been so long since i posted here! Lucy's doing fine. She still needs to take it easy, which is really hard to explain to a dog. But we're trying and it seems to be working.

I did a couple of exciting things today! I paid off my dvc points rental in full.. Yeah! ..and I linked my UT tickets to my MDE account without problems. I think I have 10 days to go before I can sign up for my FP+. I gotta figure out the exact day. I have some choices in mind. I'm trying to figure out early morning rides vs FP lines. For example, I think we'll do 7DMT first thing instead of getting a FP. Why? because the line skips the queue, which we really want to see. Same for TT. I read you don't fully get to design a car if you go through the FP queue. I think we'll get a FP for that as well, though. Pretty sure we'll want to do that one more than once. At least my DS will. :thumbsup2

I'm still figuring out other odds and ends as well. No final decision on things like mugs and memory maker. I've had some big bills come up lately (2014 has not been kind financially) so we'll have to see..

I'm off to figure out my FP+ requests.. Be back soon!

I just stumbled on your report in my non-stop "Is it time for Disney yet???" searching for as much to hold me over the next 50ish days as I can find! I joined a MM share with disboards people! We will get to use all the MM stuff and get a dvd with all of our pictures for $35!!! I hope it all works out- if it does it will be so worth it- I don't think I would ever pay the full price for worry that my children won't cooperate and it will just be pictures of me in front of Cinderella's Castle by myself lol.

I forgot to add that I've been trying to schedule my park days using this tool on touringplans. I have to say the personalized plan thingy is pretty cool. It lets you choose which times you're going to be there, which attractions and shows you want to see, if you want to minimize walking or waiting, or how fast you think you'll walk.. You can add fastpass times, ADR or just schedule lunch and breaks, even if you're leaving or staying in the parks.. Like I said, it's fun to play around with. I've always gone when it isn't that busy and there were paper fastpasses. We always hit the big rides first and then just winged it. I don't know that I'll get so crazy that I'll be a drill sergeant with this, but it's nice to have a plan..

I redid my "customized" touring plans this week to reflect the fp+ times I chose and the changed Disney hours. I LOVED that it basically told me when I made a stupid fp+ choice and recommended a better choice instead. Major improvement over last year's version when fp+ was still in testing phase. :hippie:

I redid my "customized" touring plans this week to reflect the fp+ times I chose and the changed Disney hours. I LOVED that it basically told me when I made a stupid fp+ choice and recommended a better choice instead. Major improvement over last year's version when fp+ was still in testing phase. :hippie:

Hi DisMom1981! Glad you joined me! Do you have a pre-trip report? I'll have to look..

Sneaking on here while at work because I just have to post..

I nabbed a BOG dinner ADR for August 20 at 6:15! I'm so 'cited! Now I just have to decide if we'll eat a full meal here or just dessert. I have been checking here and there; nothing overly OCD. It took me a few seconds to realize I was actually seeing an open time. LOL!!

I really wanted to EXPERIENCE BOG- but the menu doesn't jump out at me like anything I MUST try. Hoping whatever I order will surprise me. I Think eating in the castle will just be amazing. My report is in the signature.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I keep moving my FPs around. LOL. Gotta stop...

I just accepted a job offer. It will make it so that we don't have to worry about our spending as much. Thinking about adding a few more ADRs ;)

I can't believe 3 weeks from today my family will be there ! We'll either be watching fireworks or passed out from a long day (6:45 am flight).

I finished my LGMH. Not sure if anyone else does them, but I wanted to for some reason.

Suitcases are out and starting to get filled. I spent a portion of the day trying to find my coverup for when I swim and I couldn't find it anywhere. I have no clue where it could be. :(

I cancelled our ADR for BOG since we got a FP for lunch there. I'm actually happier with that I think. I ordered the quinoa salad. I'm planning in splitting with DH whose trying the pork dish. Kids are trying the grilled cheese. I'm really having a hard time canceling my Boma ADR though. I just can't bring myself to do it. I know between the kids pickiness (is that a word?) and my missing gallbladder, we won't get our money's worth. But right now, I don't care. I feel like it's something I really want to try. And with getting a new full time job, I feel like the splurge is fine.

I've currently got 3 sets of bands at my house. Crazy : )~

I can't believe 3 weeks from today my family will be there ! We'll either be watching fireworks or passed out from a long day (6:45 am flight). I finished my LGMH. Not sure if anyone else does them, but I wanted to for some reason. Suitcases are out and starting to get filled. I spent a portion of the day trying to find my coverup for when I swim and I couldn't find it anywhere. I have no clue where it could be. :( I cancelled our ADR for BOG since we got a FP for lunch there. I'm actually happier with that I think. I ordered the quinoa salad. I'm planning in splitting with DH whose trying the pork dish. Kids are trying the grilled cheese. I'm really having a hard time canceling my Boma ADR though. I just can't bring myself to do it. I know between the kids pickiness (is that a word?) and my missing gallbladder, we won't get our money's worth. But right now, I don't care. I feel like it's something I really want to try. And with getting a new full time job, I feel like the splurge is fine. I've currently got 3 sets of bands at my house. Crazy : )~

I say give it a try! If it's awful, oh well! But what if it becomes a "must do?"

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Less than two weeks to go!

I've had so much personally going on, I haven't been fixated on our trip. Actually, I'm pretty close to being ready in my head. If I had to leave tomorrow, I could throw a bunch if stuff in suitcases and head out. So I've kind of reached this zen state with my planning.

Before leaving I have to start a new job, work on a couple of freelance web projects, do two forms and fees days for the kid's school year, plan a birthday party for DS... Oh, and get someone over to fix our uverse lines. (One light is blinking). I'll be so ready for vacation after all that! I'm just hoping no one gets s.. No, can't say it.. Don't want to jinx anything ;)

I just realized that this report kind of petered out to nothing with no follow through. So I'll do a quick summary now to bring this report to a conclusion.

The trip was wonderful. Everything went off as planned, with a few FP adjusted because of closures as our only teeny tiny glitches.

Our trip was compartmentalize by resort location, so I'll report it that way.

BWV

Our first three nights we stayed in a BWV standard studio. The room was on the forth floor about halfway down the hallway just after the bend. I loved the location. It's was really quiet and the beds were the most comfortable of our stay. The kids liked spending time at the Community Hall. We were able to see fireworks at Epcot from our room and at HS from the pools. During these days we visited HS and Epcot. This is where we celebrated DS's birthday. He's special meal of choice was Via Napoli. Yum!

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

VWL

We only stayed here for 2 nights and celebrated DD's birthday (even though it's in Jan). We used the time to visit MK. I have to admit, this was my favorite part of the trip, which surprised me a little bit. Being from Wisconsin and being able to find similar decor here, I thought I'd prefer something with a more different and tropical feel. But it was gorgeous and quiet and secluded. The Hidden Springs pool was probably my favorite ever pool area. We stayed on the first floor to the left of the elevators. Actually the same studio as one of the YouTube tours. Looking back I would have enjoyed staying here longer.

I have to mention that at MK we ate lunch at Be Our Guest and loved it! Food was good, decor was great. I had the turkey sandwich, DH had the pork, and the kids had the kids grilled cheese. For the dessert we had one of each cupcake. Yummy!

zDSC00006.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

AKV

The last three nights were at AKV - Jambo. We were on the 5th floor right off the lobby over the pool area. We were above the restaurant roof, which was probably the best place for us because of DH's fear of heights. :) DH and I celebrated our anniversary here. Dinner at Boma was a real treat.

All in all I'm glad I stayed here. The room was smaller (missing closets, etc.) I feel like it's less relaxing than the other resorts, and it was hard getting used to the busses after being spoiled with the boats at the other two. i also missed having a quiet pool. But the grounds are gorgeous, the activities are unique, and the food options are really good. My kids liked the arcade here best.

IMG_2535-forced.jpg

zDSC00164.jpg

So our tip was amazing. I'm glad I did the split stay to experience all we were able to. It does make for a very busy and exciting trip, though. I had just started a new job and went back to it the day after we got back. I also had 2 freelance website projects waiting for me, and have since continued to get more, which explains my lack of a trip report. I just couldn't find the time. (sorry...) But I'm glad I took a few minutes now to do so.

I'm looking forward to our next trip in 2016 and started a new pre trip report. Feel free to join me again :)

http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...r-a-daughter-grad-2016.3413053/#post-53716244

Last edited:
Hi,
I have it moved over.
Did you think it was hard to move to other resorts? We usually do at least 1 move while we are there.
I go a little nuts and do laundry before I pack it all up and move to our next resort.
I am from Wisconsin too-where do you live?

Hi,
I have it moved over.
Did you think it was hard to move to other resorts? We usually do at least 1 move while we are there.
I go a little nuts and do laundry before I pack it all up and move to our next resort.
I am from Wisconsin too-where do you live?

Thanks for moving the thread!

This was the first time we did a split stay. For the most part I'm really glad we did. It was pretty easy to move. I packed bags per resort, but by the time we got to the 3rd resort things were everywhere. It was also kind of hard not having a home base a couple of days, but I think it was because it was so hot. We cooked at MK on the first switch and were done by the time we could check in. The second we pretty much cooked at DTD. It was like we were on the surface if the sun :). I did laundry once at VWL.

I'm from around Milwaukee. Where are you from?

DtD is a nightmare. If you walk anywhere, it will take you 45 minutes just to get anywhere. if you take the shuttle water Ferry from one side to the other, it will take 45 minutes. We were there is Feb. and temps were in the high 70's, and we thought, "what was Disney thinking". Don't get me started on the lack of bathrooms.
Anyways we live up by Fond du Lac, we are in Milwaukee all the time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter