Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

Phew, we had a scary fire day here in Colorado and missed being evacuated by less than 10 miles. Huge fire very close to our home and the stress was wild. First wildfire ‘up close’ experience for me and I’m not a fan.

I’m feeling better about this trip every day- we need it so bad! Mickey here we come. ❤
SO glad you are safe! We had to evacuate for a fire last year and it was the scariest couple of hours. Totally know where you are coming from!

Now we’re planning out the night in Disney Springs- any suggestions? Definitely eating at the Rainforest Cafe because my son still hadn’t emotionally recovered from its closure in Downtown Disney. 😂

Never been, but heard good things about homecomin. We are going to check it out. Also have polite pig and chicken guy on our list. Lol. Adults in Disney on YouTube have some good videos on food. We have been watching them a lot :)

Happy to have bumped into this thread. Long time DL'er who moved away from California a few years ago and now WDW is considered home. :) I have been on my other normal Disney sites and lots of doom and gloom from the DL locals there. More positive vibe here!

For the DL regulars who are now headed to WDW, it may seem like it is overwhelming because the property is so big. But at some point you really do have to decide what is your goal for the trip. Do you want to visit all the parks, a mixture of parks and hotels, etc. It really does help to think what your ultimate goal is and then have a list of "if we have time left over" options that you can hit on a whim.

But you will definitely love it! Have fun and enjoy! I am always excited to read about DL'ers first time going to WDW.

Happy to have bumped into this thread. Long time DL'er who moved away from California a few years ago and now WDW is considered home. :) I have been on my other normal Disney sites and lots of doom and gloom from the DL locals there. More positive vibe here!...
We do our best to curb the negativity around here. (We're not delusional, just trying to stay focused on the positive.) Glad you think the results are noticeable! :)

We do our best to curb the negativity around here. (We're not delusional, just trying to stay focused on the positive.) Glad you think the results are noticeable! :)

Definitely! There are people changing their normal DL plans to WDW instead and the excitement goes along with it. The other place is full of excuses why DL should never open and how it's all our fault why DL can't open because we can't follow rules. Can only take so much of that. Rather read about people's anticipation of their first trips to WDW!

Definitely! There are people changing their normal DL plans to WDW instead and the excitement goes along with it. The other place is full of excuses why DL should never open and how it's all our fault why DL can't open because we can't follow rules. Can only take so much of that. Rather read about people's anticipation of their first trips to WDW!
I'm pretty sure I know which "other place" you mean. Agree that that discussion leaves a bad aftertaste right now. I'd rather focus my energy on something positive -- like helping people keep their Disney hopes going!

I’ve spent a lot of time lurking on the WDW boards and it’s been a lifesaver. Definitely check out the thread on recent experiences, the thread for whatever hotel you’ve picked, and the transportation board.

I have a pretty solid strategy now for what time I’ll be at the bus stop/Uber/skyliner and what rides to head towards first and so on.

For getting to Hollywood Studios the advice has been to uber to the speedway and walk into the park. Usually those walking in can line up first.

And there’s a place on the restaurant board where people put dining reservations up for grabs too.

Disney World here we come! I’m feeling pretty ready!

I’ve spent a lot of time lurking on the WDW boards and it’s been a lifesaver. Definitely check out the thread on recent experiences, the thread for whatever hotel you’ve picked, and the transportation board.

I have a pretty solid strategy now for what time I’ll be at the bus stop/Uber/skyliner and what rides to head towards first and so on.

For getting to Hollywood Studios the advice has been to uber to the speedway and walk into the park. Usually those walking in can line up first.

And there’s a place on the restaurant board where people put dining reservations up for grabs too.

Disney World here we come! I’m feeling pretty ready!
We are thinking to uber to swan and walk. 🤔 heard they are not as strict about being dropped off there (you don’t need a dining reservation to be dropped off) I googled the walk and it seems easy enough. Just worries me if it’s a rainy day!

We are thinking to uber to swan and walk. 🤔 heard they are not as strict about being dropped off there (you don’t need a dining reservation to be dropped off) I googled the walk and it seems easy enough. Just worries me if it’s a rainy day!

That's good to know! The Speedway is a gas station (I think?) so you don't need a reservation to be dropped off- I was reading some folks just have their uber drop them off along the road too and they just hop out and walk. The ROTR thread on the WDW side of DIS has some details from folks that have done these strategies. I think the key regardless is just beating the people in the busses and Skyliner there!

Now we’re planning out the night in Disney Springs- any suggestions? Definitely eating at the Rainforest Cafe because my son still hadn’t emotionally recovered from its closure in Downtown Disney. 😂
There is also a RC at Animal Kingdom at the entrance in case something else catches your fancy at DS. We’re planning dinner there after our AK day since AK closes so early. Save us transiting from our hotel to dinner that night!

That's good to know! The Speedway is a gas station (I think?) so you don't need a reservation to be dropped off- I was reading some folks just have their uber drop them off along the road too and they just hop out and walk. The ROTR thread on the WDW side of DIS has some details from folks that have done these strategies. I think the key regardless is just beating the people in the busses and Skyliner there!
I thought the speedway was actually a speedway for a bit. lol. I kinda remember WDW having a racetrack at some point? 😂🤣😂 I felt silly when I looked on a map and it’s a gas station. Haha!

There is also a RC at Animal Kingdom at the entrance in case something else catches your fancy at DS. We’re planning dinner there after our AK day since AK closes so early. Save us transiting from our hotel to dinner that night!

I’ll keep looking for reservations! Since I booked less than that 60 day window I’ve been having a hard time finding some things.

I thought the speedway was actually a speedway for a bit. lol. I kinda remember WDW having a racetrack at some point? 😂🤣😂 I felt silly when I looked on a map and it’s a gas station. Haha!

I had a similar confusion! I had to ask the WDW boards for very specific uber directions because I didn’t know it was a gas station either haha!

Last edited:
I’ll keep looking for reservations! Since I booked less than that 60 day window I’ve been having a hard time finding some things.
Pssst: Landry’s Select Club card. No need for reservations at Landry’s properties 😉 Get your $25 back on your first meal at a Landry’s property too!

PssstPsst: Yak & Yeti inside AK is awesome and it’s Landry’s. And they take the Card.

That card has saved me a few waits over the years! My fav was going to Bubba Gumps in Anaheim once and people were told 2 hour wait, we checked in, seated in like 5 mins 🤣

Card should work at DS/AK Rainforest Cafe too but give them a call to confirm. They should have websites with numbers direct to the restaurants so you don’t have to go through Disney.

Pssst: Landry’s Select Club card. No need for reservations at Landry’s properties 😉 Get your $25 back on your first meal at a Landry’s property too!

PssstPsst: Yak & Yeti inside AK is awesome and it’s Landry’s. And they take the Card.

That card has saved me a few waits over the years! My fav was going to Bubba Gumps in Anaheim once and people were told 2 hour wait, we checked in, seated in like 5 mins 🤣

Card should work at DS/AK Rainforest Cafe too but give them a call to confirm. They should have websites with numbers direct to the restaurants so you don’t have to go through Disney.

Woah! That’s awesome! That’s a huge help I’m totally going to do that. Thank you!!

ETA: any idea how late can you get a table at the RC by the AK when park closes? It shows on the site only being open until 5 but our park day the hours go until 6.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter