• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving luggage from one hotel to another

This seems like an awful lot of hassle and a bummer of a way to start out a trip just to save on airfare.
13 people including 4 toddlers! UGH!
If it were me I'd switch back to the original plan. If that's not possible I'd look for a car service along the lines of what poster @Genie+ suggested. I'd be calling around right now, today, because a week out isn't much time. Most people book their car service in advance.

@2minny I feel bad for you. I wouldn't want to deal with this. I hope it works out smoothly.
Can you get an uber minivan or SUV for 1 person and all of the luggage and the rest of the people stay behind and take disney transportation to new parks? YOu can meet them there?

Can you get an uber minivan or SUV for 1 person and all of the luggage and the rest of the people stay behind and take disney transportation to new parks? YOu can meet them there?
Well that's a good idea!! I knew I hadn't thought of everything, I am grateful for this idea! They could all go to Disney Springs, or a park, and I could just meet them there! I was thinking we would need about 5 of us to go with the luggage, but one person could just be with the luggage and unload it at OKW!! This is why I love this forum!! Thank you!

🤦🏻‍♀️ Always astounding the misinformation you can get from Disney call centers.
Astounding is a perfect word for it! It seems like every time I call I have to point out that something I'm being told is incorrect. The chat feature on the website is even worse which is really a shame because it could be very convenient if they actually knew things.

I will say this OP, since you’re at OKW…when we stayed there in Sep. we were on the bus (2nd pickup/dropoff—South Point I think) I was surprised to see a group get on the bus with all their luggage. Bus driver didn’t say anything. They all got off at hospitality house, I’m sure due to checking out /storing luggage. I briefly thought of doing this but we just called bell services and they grabbed our bags and gave us a lift to HH.

I will say this OP, since you’re at OKW…when we stayed there in Sep. we were on the bus (2nd pickup/dropoff—South Point I think) I was surprised to see a group get on the bus with all their luggage. Bus driver didn’t say anything. They all got off at hospitality house, I’m sure due to checking out /storing luggage. I briefly thought of doing this but we just called bell services and they grabbed our bags and gave us a lift to HH.
Thank you, appreciate your help!

I think it would be risky to count on getting away with this. Even though that particular bus driver wasn't in the mood to enforce the rules that day it does not mean that others will get away with it too. Not to mention, OP has a party of 13 people! We're not talking about 2 or 3 suitcases here. Also- I don't see how this helps the actual issue which is getting from an offsite hotel to OKW. Once they manage to get to OKW bell services will be happy to help them get their luggage where it needs to be.

I think it would be risky to count on getting away with this. Even though that particular bus driver wasn't in the mood to enforce the rules that day it does not mean that others will get away with it too. Not to mention, OP has a party of 13 people! We're not talking about 2 or 3 suitcases here. Also- I don't see how this helps the actual issue which is getting from an offsite hotel to OKW. Once they manage to get to OKW bell services will be happy to help them get their luggage where it needs to be.
I would never do anything to inconvenience others or break a rule, so no need to worry. I just appreciate those making suggestions and trying to help. As I attached below - Disney just joined with Lynx, and they are delivering people, with luggage, from MCO to Disney Springs - so there will be PLENTY of people with luggage trying to get on the busses to resorts - this will be a huge mess for bus drivers to enforce. Not a well thought plan by Disney or Lynx.

I might have misunderstood, but just in case its helpful...

You mentioned late check out from your other hotel before going to drop your bags. Obviously you might want to lay in, but you don't need to do this, if you're thinking about your check in time being later on in the day. If you want to head out earlier and do other things., just take the bags around in the morning and leave them at bell services. You can then either pick them up later or they will take them to your room for you!

I might have misunderstood, but just in case its helpful...

You mentioned late check out from your other hotel before going to drop your bags. Obviously you might want to lay in, but you don't need to do this, if you're thinking about your check in time being later on in the day. If you want to head out earlier and do other things., just take the bags around in the morning and leave them at bell services. You can then either pick them up later or they will take them to your room for you!
Yes, thank you for the tip, the only reason we are keeping the late check out, is for napping babies (if they choose to nap), we have a home base. If we decide no naps are needed, we will deliver our luggage to OKW that morning. I really appreciate your help.

https://insidethemagic.net/2024/04/...-guests-transportation-service-emd1/comments/ I just had to share this article today on inside the magic, about Lynx transportation, that will now take guests from MCO to Disney Springs. All the comments, people are asking what to do once they arrive at Disney Springs with their luggage.
I would never do anything to inconvenience others or break a rule, so no need to worry. I just appreciate those making suggestions and trying to help. As I attached below - Disney just joined with Lynx, and they are delivering people, with luggage, from MCO to Disney Springs - so there will be PLENTY of people with luggage trying to get on the busses to resorts - this will be a huge mess for bus drivers to enforce. Not a well thought plan by Disney or Lynx.
Inside the magic is clickbait. They circulate sensational and misleading Disney and Orlando area headlines with little to no basis in fact. Then a few readers always get up in arms and post comments about things that aren't fully fleshed out. This Lynx thing has been rumored for years.

Thank you for not being a rule breaker. Rule abiders such as myself appreciate you :)
I'm glad that everything is falling into place for your trip and I hope you have a great time. Large family trips are a lot of work and pressure for the person doing the planning. They are so worth the effort! Take lots of photos!

Inside the magic is clickbait. They circulate sensational and misleading Disney and Orlando area headlines with little to no basis in fact. Then a few readers always get up in arms and post comments about things that aren't fully fleshed out. This Lynx thing has been rumored for years.

Thank you for not being a rule breaker. Rule abiders such as myself appreciate you :)
I'm glad that everything is falling into place for your trip and I hope you have a great time. Large family trips are a lot of work and pressure for the person doing the planning. They are so worth the effort! Take lots of photos!
This is what the article reads, along with quotes from MCO -
"Coming off a busy and strenuous Spring Break season, WDW has made an announcement that should make things a little easier for guests. Introducing the Link 311, affectionately known as the Lynx bus, a novel transportation route forging a vital link between Orlando International Airport (MCO) and the bustling tourist hotspot of Disney Springs, along with other key destinations."
Along with a Twitter post from MCO saying it will begin on April 21st and leaves every 30 minutes from MCO for $2 per person, 5am -11pm, drops off at Disney Springs Transportation Center.
Who knows!
Appreciate your comments :)

The Lynx might be helpful for the many short trips AP crowd. Often they find low airfares that require traveling light, so could work for them. Not an overall solution at this point though, unless maybe they put a luggage depot in Disney Springs that delivers to resorts. That would free up families to use the park/resort type buses.

Is there a chance they start offering a different kind of bus from DS - One where luggage can be secured?

The Lynx might be helpful for the many short trips AP crowd. Often they find low airfares that require traveling light, so could work for them. Not an overall solution at this point though, unless maybe they put a luggage depot in Disney Springs that delivers to resorts. That would free up families to use the park/resort type buses.

Is there a chance they start offering a different kind of bus from DS - One where luggage can be secured?
I can’t see Disney being bothered to put a dime into this. I think anyone who uses it will be on their own- and I suspect not too many will as bus transport can be a pain in the rear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter