Moving on down to FL!

JLoinDisney

Eat all the caramel apples...
Hey everyone! I know some of you guys are in FL and I have a question. At the end of the summer (yes I am prepared to melt) my husband and I will be moving to FL. As of this moment we found a house we like a lot but I feel like as much as I look into the town I can’t find out too much about the actual location! So the town is Debary and we would really appreciate any info you can give us including how troublesome will the drive be to Disney and any local hot spots... anything! So a bit about us, we are both in our 30’s, we have no kids and the move is for my husbands job. I am a hairstylist and I love to cook so I would love your thoughts on grocery stores too! Oh yea, and we are from MA! Thanks you guys and have a great weekend!!!

Hey everyone! I know some of you guys are in FL and I have a question. At the end of the summer (yes I am prepared to melt) my husband and I will be moving to FL. As of this moment we found a house we like a lot but I feel like as much as I look into the town I can’t find out too much about the actual location! So the town is Debary and we would really appreciate any info you can give us including how troublesome will the drive be to Disney and any local hot spots... anything! So a bit about us, we are both in our 30’s, we have no kids and the move is for my husbands job. I am a hairstylist and I love to cook so I would love your thoughts on grocery stores too! Oh yea, and we are from MA! Thanks you guys and have a great weekend!!!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/who-has-made-the-move-to-fl.3668365/

Debary is a nice area. At this time with I 4 constitution you would have a miserable drive to Disney.
Do they know when that construction will be done? I feel like it’s like the construction that’s going on in MA right now on 95... it’s been going on for years! Lol

They make great sandwiches too...the line is always looong on weekends!

Also, don't be surprised to have your a/c on constantly for 9-12 months.
yea my husband was like, 'is running the ac down there like us running the heat?' lol i guess he was right hahaha!!!

also i loveeee deli sammies! so thats a good thing to know!!

CONGRATS to both of you and your DH new position!
EXCITING, you will LOVE the winters; sure beats the NEW ENGLAND:D winters!
When we retire, we are hoping to reside in Florida and from Memorial Day through the end of September, to spend four months at a summer rental in Ocean County around Barnegat, close to Long Beach Island. Want to be able to spend time , with our two sons, soon to be DIL, and hopefully some grands!:yay:CANNOT WAIT! :dance3::wave2:

CONGRATS to both of you and your DH new position!
EXCITING, you will LOVE the winters; sure beats the NEW ENGLAND:D winters!
When we retire, we are hoping to reside in Florida and from Memorial Day through the end of September, to spend four months at a summer rental in Ocean County around Barnegat, close to Long Beach Island. Want to be able to spend time , with our two sons, soon to be DIL, and hopefully some grands!:yay:CANNOT WAIT! :dance3::wave2:

Whoo hooooo!!! We shall see you guys down here!!

I’m so ready to not have to shovel! I am all about that life! Hahaha

yea my husband was like, 'is running the ac down there like us running the heat?' lol i guess he was right hahaha!!!
Also i loveeee deli sammies! so thats a good thing to know!!

Due to the humidity, you really need to run the a/c at all times in a modern construction home, because they are built fairly air-tight. You need a/c to reduce the moisture in the house so that you don't develop a mold problem.
In the shoulder seasons most people put the a/c on a timer to kick on during the warmest part of the day and shut down at night.

DS is a college student in central FL, and both of his apartment leases have had clauses that he was NOT to leave the apt with the a/c turned completely off. If he does, and mold develops, then he is on the hook to pay for the mitigation treatment.

We live near you in the pretty and wonderful City of Sanford, just on the other side of Lake Monroe. You will be happy to hear that if you get an E-pass (or they just bill your plate), you can easily take road #46 from Sanford towards Mount Dora, and then hop on the 429 all the way to Disney. They just opened this route up in March, the traffic so far is much lighter, and it's a wonderful, short 45 minute drive to Disney and worth every penny of the toll!

Due to the humidity, you really need to run the a/c at all times in a modern construction home, because they are built fairly air-tight. You need a/c to reduce the moisture in the house so that you don't develop a mold problem.
In the shoulder seasons most people put the a/c on a timer to kick on during the warmest part of the day and shut down at night.

DS is a college student in central FL, and both of his apartment leases have had clauses that he was NOT to leave the apt with the a/c turned completely off. If he does, and mold develops, then he is on the hook to pay for the mitigation treatment.
We live near you in the pretty and wonderful City of Sanford, just on the other side of Lake Monroe. You will be happy to hear that if you get an E-pass (or they just bill your plate), you can easily take road #46 from Sanford towards Mount Dora, and then hop on the 429 all the way to Disney. They just opened this route up in March, the traffic so far is much lighter, and it's a wonderful, short 45 minute drive to Disney and worth every penny of the toll!
Oohhh thats very good info! i have been saying since we found out, "whats the fastest way to get to disney?' lol now i know!

Yea today we saw some lovely homes on the internet and they DIDNT have ac!!!! i was like uhhhhh maybe people from florida are just really tough lol!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter