Moving to FL, Need Your Adivce

LovingDisney2012

All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!
My family is moving to FL. My husband will be working in Ocoee, but we do not want to live in Ocoee. What is the best area within 30 minutes to raise a family in? I am used to being near the city with lots to do, but we also do not want to live in Orlando. If you were, or have relocated to the “Disney area”, where would/do you live?

We used to live in the Orlando area but moved back to NJ 7 years ago. We lived in Winter Garden. It’s a beautiful area that’s close to Ocoee. Windermere is also very nice but can be quite a bit more expensive.

Just want to wish you luck. If at all possible, rent before buying so you can see if the area is a fit!
We moved south and I haven’t looked back. Love it here
But we are way down South ...on the gulf!

I live within a few hours of Orlando and have family there. We just visited nearby Apopka and thought it was beautiful! It's less than 20 minutes from Ocoee. I have no idea of the schools etc though, just that it looked residential and beautiful. I would look up the schools on great schools.org or floe.org to research schools first if I were you.
As someone mentioned above, Winter Garden and Windermere are also very nice areas.

I just wanted to say good luck. We recently were all set to move to Orlando, had job offers, but we found the rental market to be too rude and uncooperative, even with high credit scores and high income. Several demanded access to my bank statements so they could evaluate how well I handle my finances! We have owned our home for 12 years and were apalled at how the landlords behaved. We decided to stay put.

I just wanted to say good luck. We recently were all set to move to Orlando, had job offers, but we found the rental market to be too rude and uncooperative, even with high credit scores and high income. Several demanded access to my bank statements so they could evaluate how well I handle my finances! We have owned our home for 12 years and were apalled at how the landlords behaved. We decided to stay put.
Sadly.. it does feelVery Invasive, And IS, but Not unusual.
I recently had to provide bank statements,
tax returns and a myriad of other documents as I am a “guarantor” on a tenant lease (as the school did not release the govt loan funds for son, despite having them for a month and ...rent was due).
He needed to show 2.5 years worth of rent in his savings acct for a 10 month lease, in addition to having an additional Amt in his checking. He wouldn’t have needed the govt ( rip off %) loan if he had all that cash handy lol
Life marches on..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter