Moving to Orlando- I'm almost there! Update 1/4 Arrival

So we are here!

We arrived late last Tuesday night. It was a pretty grueling drive from PA. But we arrived to temps in the 80s and a fantastic house!

I hadn't seen it before we moved in, but it's fabulous. The backyard is everything I could have hoped for.

However, we did have a few issues that I'll include here in case I can help others.

I didn't realize we'd have to request the utilities to turn on as early as we should have. I looked into it on the Saturday before we left. The earliest we could get a power turn on was Thursday. Water was Friday. Though we didn't end up getting water Friday, it turned out we do not have Toho water even though that's what the seller's realtor told ours. We put in an application on Toho's website to have it turned on and the system never said our address was not serviced by them. By the time we realized it wasn't coming on Friday, Toho wasn't open and we had to wait to call this morning, Monday. They told us our address wasn't in their range so we then discovered we were with Polk Utilities.

So moral of the story: set up your utilities earlier than you think you might need to.

We found a great deal for Sea World APs so we bought those. Still waiting on Disney to offer APs again. It's already weird being here and knowing we can't go to the parks.

We will also look into Universal APs, though I wanted to wait a few days now that their FL resident buy one day get the rest of the year promo is over. Want to see if they offer anything new.

We also have our driver license appointments set up for Jan 21. We signed up for those around Christmas.

That's all I've got for now! Thanks for following along on my journey. As Spaceship Earth might say...

The end. Or should I say...the beginning? Of your future.

Hi glad that you made it. Thanks for the tips as I will be driving my Uhaul down in a couple of weeks. I made my DMV appointment after I read your post and going to contact the Utilities this week. Glad your house is everything you wanted. I like you didn't see my house in person yet. DH says it is great! I am very excited!

Thanks again!

Hi glad that you made it. Thanks for the tips as I will be driving my Uhaul down in a couple of weeks. I made my DMV appointment after I read your post and going to contact the Utilities this week. Glad your house is everything you wanted. I like you didn't see my house in person yet. DH says it is great! I am very excited!

Thanks again!

I'm not sure where you are moving, but we did figure out if your water is Polk County you can pay a $5 fee to have it turned on day off request so long as it's before 2 pm.

I'm glad I was able to help you out.

I hope you have as good of luck as I did and the house is amazing!

I'm also glad you made it, OP. I'd been wondering how it was going for you. I'm still looking for a house.

Are you still in FL looking?

So we are here!

:welcome: to Polk County!

But we arrived to temps in the 80s and a fantastic house!

Ahhh.... winter in Florida. We are missing it this year as we are isolating up north this winter.

We found a great deal for Sea World APs so we bought those. Still waiting on Disney to offer APs again. It's already weird being here and knowing we can't go to the parks.

I can imagine the strange feeling driving past the signs and not being able to go in the parks. Let's hope that things settle down soon. We got a refund on our renewed in March but unused resident AP's. I still have the card in my wallet.

That's all I've got for now! Thanks for following along on my journey. As Spaceship Earth might say...

The end. Or should I say...the beginning? Of your future.

Wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!