• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving to the Inland Empire

Liz_Loves_Stitch

Snorting Mickeys From Birth, Recovery Unlikely
I have an opportunity to move to CA for a job. The job is in San Bernardino & a friend suggested a few nice apartments in Colton. I'm not sure I want to live in CA; lots of pluses & minuses. I grew up in FL; I've lived in MT for a few months now & my company is considering transferring me to CA. I love Disney, & I never knew I'd have a chance to go to Disneyland, much less live close to it. Any general advice appreciated. I will move out of CA in a decade or so if I move there; not a forever place for me.

I work in healthcare; management & finance. I'm thinking of returning to school in CA & getting my CPA.

Thanks

I hope it's a great job...San Bernardino is a very high crime-ridden area; Colton not so attractive.

Agree with this. This is why Colton has low rents compared to nicer areas. Also, SB isn't that "close" to DLR (although it certainly is closer than where the OP is now!). So you would have to factor in how often you would actually visit and if that would be a real incentive to move here. The OP mentioned in another thread that she had a business trip out here coming up. It might be helpful to take a few days of vacation time to explore and get a feel for the area and see where the job and housing would be located.

SanBerdoo and Colton are not great places to live as everyone has said. Another option
is renting a place up in the mountains. About a 20/30 minute from Berdoo drive is Crestline.
Beautiful and not expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter