Moving to the Magic: Seasonal

Exactly what I was going to request. We definitely want to consider the snowbird life and I was going to send them a note requesting information. What is available, how to do it? We met a couple at dinner one trip at BIergarten who said they rented a small house for 6 months out of the year. I agree, we don't need school or even amenities so much as a comfy place to live.

Exactly what I was going to request. We definitely want to consider the snowbird life and I was going to send them a note requesting information. What is available, how to do it? We met a couple at dinner one trip at BIergarten who said they rented a small house for 6 months out of the year. I agree, we don't need school or even amenities so much as a comfy place to live.
Check out airbnb and vrbo. Most hosts give good discounts for monthly rentals.

(I haven't done this, just shopped and dreamed about it)

I second/third/fourth this request. I am Canadian and cannot move down permanently without a green card, but I am extremely interested in the 'snow bird' life. My original plan was to amass enough DVC points to at least spend a month or two down there, but with my affinity for collecting points at multiple resorts, it means I would be moving every two weeks, which doesn't sound relaxing. Most likely DVC isn't the way to go for me anymore.

I second/third/fourth this request. I am Canadian and cannot move down permanently without a green card, but I am extremely interested in the 'snow bird' life. My original plan was to amass enough DVC points to at least spend a month or two down there, but with my affinity for collecting points at multiple resorts, it means I would be moving every two weeks, which doesn't sound relaxing. Most likely DVC isn't the way to go for me anymore.

I bet you could get 3 weeks straight at some DVC resorts, so you’d only move a few times. I think a month plus in the same hotel would drive me insane. Moving would be easy; you’d just pack your bag and give it to bell services.

I bet you could get 3 weeks straight at some DVC resorts, so you’d only move a few times. I think a month plus in the same hotel would drive me insane. Moving would be easy; you’d just pack your bag and give it to bell services.
I probably could with my AKV points, but my other resorts have pretty high points costs for studios, even in the off season. I am also weird in that I would never use my “premium” resort points to stay at another resort that might be considered inferior. Even if I could get a standard AKV studio for longer, I wouldn’t want to use my Poly points to book it.
Totally unrelated, but our usernames are too similarly formatted for me not to point it out lol.

I probably could with my AKV points, but my other resorts have pretty high points costs for studios, even in the off season. I am also weird in that I would never use my “premium” resort points to stay at another resort that might be considered inferior. Even if I could get a standard AKV studio for longer, I wouldn’t want to use my Poly points to book it.
Totally unrelated, but our usernames are too similarly formatted for me not to point it out lol.
An entire house on airbnb is ~2k/month. You could rent your DVC points out for double that.

An entire house on airbnb is ~2k/month. You could rent your DVC points out for double that.

I don’t really need an entire house. I think city living conditioned me to live mostly outside of where I sleep. I don’t even cook lol. Really the only thing I’d miss is convenient access to in-suite laundry. Wanting to be a DVC snowbird is all about the ease and access to the parks/resort amenities.

I don’t really need an entire house. I think city living conditioned me to live mostly outside of where I sleep. I don’t even cook lol. Really the only thing I’d miss is convenient access to in-suite laundry. Wanting to be a DVC snowbird is all about the ease and access to the parks/resort amenities.
I’m sure a camper isn’t your style but I know several people who spend months at Fort Wilderness. I would do that but I’m a big baby and don’t like snakes so I’d be too chicken to stay there lol.

We typically rent a condo when we go down. You can get those for $80 or so per night, maybe less for an extended rental. All the space you need, your own laundry, full kitchen, etc. Not onsite but just as close to the parks as some of the onsite resorts.

I would love to be able to go down and maybe work at WDW seasonally, maybe for the F&WF. My youngest is a senior in HS now so my time is more available. The issue is low cost housing since I would have to work to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!