Mr., I'll Make a Fan Out of You, June 2017- WDW Lovers Take on Disneyland and the West! (UDx3 1/16)

We got there just in time to see it lit up. Gorgeous!

That's one of my favorite things, seeing Carsland all lit up at night, so cool!!

The kids were delighted with their Glow with the Show cups. Let me tell you how much fun storing these things has been.

You are so funny....love your humor. :D

“Where is Alex??” is a question you might ask yourself when looking at that picture. Am I remembering incorrectly and he stayed off too? Did he fly out mid-ride and DH was just having too much fun to notice? No to both – he is, in fact, in the picture. He was TERRIFIED. He’s basically lying in DH’s lap, or at least as close as he could get with the restraints on. DH said the second the ride started Alex screamed “I regret this decision!!!” and checked out.

Ok, that is hysterical how he can totally do a a disappearing act, it truly looks like no one is there! So sorry he did not like it. We couldn't get our youngest (DS 8) to even try it, but the other two and DH just looooove CS.

Magic shot with no magic

How sad! :(

As I was readying mine to eat, a bird pooped on me. Like, a big poop. Fortunately it just landed on my purse and not on me or my drink, but it did make me lose my appetite and I ended up giving half my treat to the kids.

We enjoyed the show, but my mood was a little sour because of Poopgate ’17, so I don’t remember it very well.

Yuck, so sorry that happened! I think that would sour me a little on the show as well. We still haven't seen it, wanted to on the first trip and then this past summer was really trying to get over there and just never could. My family are not show people, they are all about the rides.

And Nemo pics. My goodness this ride was claustrophobic and smelly. I could not wait for it to be over, but the kids had a good time.

The Nemo subs were definitely a ride I thought we were one and done with, having done it on our trip in 2015. But when going over my plans before this trip, and saying I figured we'd skip it, the kids protested and insisted we needed to go on it again. o_O

Thanks for finishing your trip report, it was great!!! And I selfishly needed the closure to see how everything went for the end of your trip. :P

I haven't updated in 2 months! This living-in-two-cities thing is kicking my butt.
Well at least you have an excuse! I am a horrible trip reporter this school year and I, obviously, am not keeping up with reports, either!

Very shortly before our trip I decided to see about trying to get a night or two at the Grand Californian via DVC point rental, which is what we do for our WDW trips. I knew the odds were quite slim, as it books up early and we were really close to our date. However, I actually lucked out and was able to get the last night we were planning to spend in the DLR area at Grand Californian!
I am really hoping to try to do this when we finally make it out, but I know it won't be easy. The good thing is they are building more DVC out there, so maybe it will make it easier to use our points there.

She saw the kids, immediately came over to us and took their hands and took off skipping with them over toward the train platform.
So fun!

They made a big fuss over the kids and then Alice asked them which ride they would most like to ride. The kids said the teacups and off they went!
The costumes seemed even more of a hit at DLR than WDW!

Pinocchio and Gepetto were coming down the path. The came over to the kids and took their hands and walked with them.
Awesome!

We walked back around toward the castle over to Snow White’s fountain and the Evil Queen was out meeting. The line was short, so we hopped in.
I wish we got more of the villains at WDW.

The Queen had them switch places because, as she told Cora “you’ve got a nasty habit of falling down holes.”

20170622_111424.jpg
:rotfl:

They stopped to take another picture. I swear we didn’t ask, but were thrilled to oblige.

20170622_110904.jpg
:cool1:

The bench where Walt got the idea for Disneyland. I’m not crying, you’re crying

20170622_123822.jpg
:sad:

We really wanted to see the Sleeping Beauty castle walk-through and this felt like a good time. It was really cool and I wish we had something like it at WDW.

20170622_133053.jpg

20170622_133012.jpg

20170622_133117.jpg

20170622_133232.jpg
So cool! I'll have to make a not of this!

When Alex got out he chose to dance and ended up having his favorite moment in life to date.
I love it! What memories!

The room was beautiful. Once again, my pictures don’t do it justice.
Very Wilderness Lodge-like.

This was actually the first time I’ve ever ventured into a Disney park (or any theme park for that matter) alone and I enjoyed it.
The only time I have done it is at DLR.

On my way back to the resort I swung by Soarin’ and picked up fastpasses for all of us to use once we came back into the park for the evening.
The first time I rode Soarin was here, before it ever opened at Epcot. I'm so glad they brought it to WDW.

then started making our way toward Carsland to be able to see it get lit up for the night.
So envious!

We planned to finish the night with the World of Color Dessert party
I would totally do this.

He also offered to take our picture as a group.

20170622_204046.jpg
Very nice!

The kids were delighted with their Glow with the Show cups.
So cool!

Let me tell you how much fun storing these things has been.
:rotfl2:

Mommy was also happy with her sweet blue drink.

20170622_204133.jpg
Yum!

Cora and me twinning in DCA

19366525_10154565301380808_1700196076103099282_n.jpg
I love this!

Magic shot with no magic

DLPCA_CASTLEICON1NC_20170623_8062444690.jpg
D'oh!

When we came out, we saw Moana greeting guests and so, of course, had to jump in line.

20170623_121250.jpg
Do not show AJ! LOL

Next we decided to try something we’ve never gotten around to in WDW – Tom Sawyer Island! Though apparently now it’s the Pirate Lair.
Okay, third trip report with TS Island (even if it was a different coast and a different name). Someone is trying to tell me something!

We decided to hightail it across the park to catch Mickey and the Magical Map, but stopped for a favorite on both coasts on the way – Dole Whip floats!

20170623_124921.jpg
Yummy!

As I was readying mine to eat, a bird pooped on me. Like, a big poop. Fortunately it just landed on my purse and not on me or my drink, but it did make me lose my appetite and I ended up giving half my treat to the kids.
Oh geez. That stinks!

It was time to use our Space FP, so we headed that way. DH’s face here is everything and Alex pulled his disappearing act again.

DLPCA_SPACEMOUNTAINRIDE_20170623_403392460574.jpeg
This is awesome!

We headed back into DCA for Avenger’s training. The kids said they enjoyed it, but not as much as Jedi Training.
Good to know!

And Nemo pics. My goodness this ride was claustrophobic and smelly. I could not wait for it to be over, but the kids had a good time.
This is what I remember about the WDW submarines.

So, at some point, I stopped reading your TR and I have no idea why.

I’m not sure if you will come back to this TR, but we are thinking of a Disneyland trip for next summer. I just reread your whole report and it makes more sense to me now since I have done some DL research of my own.

What did you think of the Hojo? We really, really want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but boy is it expensive. DH thinks we should splurge but I don’t know. Renting points at the Grand Californian is a good idea, but something I should already be working on for next summer.

Also, how many days would you recommend? I’m thinking four.

On a different note, do you have any other trip reports going on right now?

So, at some point, I stopped reading your TR and I have no idea why.

I’m not sure if you will come back to this TR, but we are thinking of a Disneyland trip for next summer. I just reread your whole report and it makes more sense to me now since I have done some DL research of my own.

What did you think of the Hojo? We really, really want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but boy is it expensive. DH thinks we should splurge but I don’t know. Renting points at the Grand Californian is a good idea, but something I should already be working on for next summer.

Also, how many days would you recommend? I’m thinking four.

On a different note, do you have any other trip reports going on right now?

I stopped reading/replying to pretty much everything at some point! lol I hope y'all do get to DL next summer! But yes, the onsite hotels are sooooo expensive and, IMO, aren't worth it with so many good options so close. We refuse to stay offsite at WDW, but DL is a different story, though we did love GC. We thought the Hojo was great! The room was huge, the beds were comfy, the kids loved the water play area, and we could see fireworks from the room. However, it is a bit of a hike, which didn't bother us much in the mornings, but felt really long at the end of the day and discouraged us from taking breaks. We're going back in November and are doing Fairfield Inn this time, as it's a bit closer.

I have a problem, so I will always chose as many Disney days as possible. ;) But yes, four should give you decent time to see everything you want, especially with good FP use.

We just got back from our most recent WDW trip a few days ago and I'm working on getting a report started. :) I'll post here when I do.

Fellow Texan here. I have been to WDW many times and I have vowed to never go again in the heat. I can no longer bear the Florida heat and humidity.

DD22 and I are considering a mother/daughter trip to DL this coming June to celebrate her 23rd birthday. Tell us about the DL heat. Is it bearable? As Texans we're used to toasty summers so I think we could enjoy it/

Please forgive me if you have answered this as I just found your report today and haven't been able to read it all yet (but I will!)

Fellow Texan here. I have been to WDW many times and I have vowed to never go again in the heat. I can no longer bear the Florida heat and humidity.

DD22 and I are considering a mother/daughter trip to DL this coming June to celebrate her 23rd birthday. Tell us about the DL heat. Is it bearable? As Texans we're used to toasty summers so I think we could enjoy it/

Please forgive me if you have answered this as I just found your report today and haven't been able to read it all yet (but I will!)

I am a fellow Texan and go to both WDW and DL. We were just at DL this summer. We have been to WDW during the summer too. We felt DL was sort of hotter, even though the temps and humidity were lower. They were having a heat wave though, so the temps were in the 90s. However, DL has so much outdoor seating and queues, that it felt hotter. At least at WDW, you often have air conditioned queues and restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!