Mr., I'll Make a Fan Out of You, June 2017- WDW Lovers Take on Disneyland and the West! (UDx3 1/16)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by Jfsag123, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ErinF

ErinF Mouseketeer

That's one of my favorite things, seeing Carsland all lit up at night, so cool!!

You are so funny....love your humor. :D

Ok, that is hysterical how he can totally do a a disappearing act, it truly looks like no one is there! So sorry he did not like it. We couldn't get our youngest (DS 8) to even try it, but the other two and DH just looooove CS.

How sad! :(

Yuck, so sorry that happened! I think that would sour me a little on the show as well. We still haven't seen it, wanted to on the first trip and then this past summer was really trying to get over there and just never could. My family are not show people, they are all about the rides.

The Nemo subs were definitely a ride I thought we were one and done with, having done it on our trip in 2015. But when going over my plans before this trip, and saying I figured we'd skip it, the kids protested and insisted we needed to go on it again. o_O

Thanks for finishing your trip report, it was great!!! And I selfishly needed the closure to see how everything went for the end of your trip. :P

2. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

Well at least you have an excuse! I am a horrible trip reporter this school year and I, obviously, am not keeping up with reports, either!

I am really hoping to try to do this when we finally make it out, but I know it won't be easy. The good thing is they are building more DVC out there, so maybe it will make it easier to use our points there.

So fun!

The costumes seemed even more of a hit at DLR than WDW!

Awesome!

I wish we got more of the villains at WDW.

:rotfl:

:cool1:

:sad:

So cool! I'll have to make a not of this!

I love it! What memories!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

Very Wilderness Lodge-like.

The only time I have done it is at DLR.

The first time I rode Soarin was here, before it ever opened at Epcot. I'm so glad they brought it to WDW.

So envious!

I would totally do this.

Very nice!

So cool!

:rotfl2:

Yum!

5. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

I love this!

D'oh!

Do not show AJ! LOL

Okay, third trip report with TS Island (even if it was a different coast and a different name). Someone is trying to tell me something!

Yummy!

Oh geez. That stinks!

This is awesome!

Good to know!

This is what I remember about the WDW submarines.

6. disny_luvr

disny_luvr DIS Veteran

So, at some point, I stopped reading your TR and I have no idea why.

I’m not sure if you will come back to this TR, but we are thinking of a Disneyland trip for next summer. I just reread your whole report and it makes more sense to me now since I have done some DL research of my own.

What did you think of the Hojo? We really, really want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but boy is it expensive. DH thinks we should splurge but I don’t know. Renting points at the Grand Californian is a good idea, but something I should already be working on for next summer.

Also, how many days would you recommend? I’m thinking four.

On a different note, do you have any other trip reports going on right now?

7. Jfsag123

Jfsag123 DIS Veteran

I stopped reading/replying to pretty much everything at some point! lol I hope y'all do get to DL next summer! But yes, the onsite hotels are sooooo expensive and, IMO, aren't worth it with so many good options so close. We refuse to stay offsite at WDW, but DL is a different story, though we did love GC. We thought the Hojo was great! The room was huge, the beds were comfy, the kids loved the water play area, and we could see fireworks from the room. However, it is a bit of a hike, which didn't bother us much in the mornings, but felt really long at the end of the day and discouraged us from taking breaks. We're going back in November and are doing Fairfield Inn this time, as it's a bit closer.

I have a problem, so I will always chose as many Disney days as possible. ;) But yes, four should give you decent time to see everything you want, especially with good FP use.

We just got back from our most recent WDW trip a few days ago and I'm working on getting a report started. :) I'll post here when I do.

disny_luvr and soniam like this.
  8. Jfsag123

Jfsag123 DIS Veteran

9. disny_luvr

disny_luvr DIS Veteran

Jfsag123 likes this.
  10. sk!mom

sk!mom DIS Veteran

Fellow Texan here. I have been to WDW many times and I have vowed to never go again in the heat. I can no longer bear the Florida heat and humidity.

DD22 and I are considering a mother/daughter trip to DL this coming June to celebrate her 23rd birthday. Tell us about the DL heat. Is it bearable? As Texans we're used to toasty summers so I think we could enjoy it/

Please forgive me if you have answered this as I just found your report today and haven't been able to read it all yet (but I will!)

soniam likes this.
  11. soniam

soniam Wooden leg named Smith...

I am a fellow Texan and go to both WDW and DL. We were just at DL this summer. We have been to WDW during the summer too. We felt DL was sort of hotter, even though the temps and humidity were lower. They were having a heat wave though, so the temps were in the 90s. However, DL has so much outdoor seating and queues, that it felt hotter. At least at WDW, you often have air conditioned queues and restaurants.