Mr. Potato Head parts

DizBelle

DIS Veteran
Can Mr. Potato Head parts be found at DL like they can at WDW? I'm hoping to get Darth Tater when we visit in a couple of months. Anyone have any idea how much it might cost? Are the Darth Tater parts sold separately (stuff a box for a fixed price) or is it sold in a kit?

Thanks!

they didn't have Darth Tater. They had the fill-your-own-box and some two-set packages. The packages had either two holidays or a birthday/beach package. They were around $11 each. Maybe they had Darth Tater somewhere other than ImaginEARs Toys and we just didn't see it....

I have always picked up my Mr. Potato pieces in California Adventures in the Engineears Toy Shop, it is $18.00 for a filled box, when at WDW I found out that you can buy individual pieces for $2.00 each, not sure the policy in CA though. My advice is to buy a regular Mr. Potato Head at Target for $5.00 and load the box with just pieces.

Once I was able to get all pieces except a pair of shoes into the box and I thought no big deal will pick them up another time. When I checked out the Cast Member asked if I got everything I wanted and when I said no he asked which item I was missing, he then went and picked up the boots and added them to my bag no charge.

My daughters Mr. Potato head collection is huge and the first item her friends go for when over for a playdate.

Totally need Darth Tater! :3dglasses

lntsmom said:
they didn't have Darth Tater. They had the fill-your-own-box and some two-set packages. The packages had either two holidays or a birthday/beach package. They were around $11 each. Maybe they had Darth Tater somewhere other than ImaginEARs Toys and we just didn't see it....

I wanted to add that I picked up the birthday/beach packages while at WDW and they don't quite fit Mr. Potato head as well as the official Mr. Potato Head and Disney pieces do, very dissapointed with them! :sad2:
I am going to stick to filling up the boxes instead of purchasing the bags, although I haven't purchased the Pirates of the Carribean pieces in the package, would love to try those.

DonnettaR said:
Were there any new pieces added for the 50th? Golden Mickey Ears?

No, the newest pieces they were carrying were buzz lightyear astro blaster accessories, but this was at WDW, I am hoping that when we go to Disneyland and California Adventures in August there will be some new pieces including 50th anniversary themed ones.

We just came home from DLR yesterday and we got the box of Mr. Potatohead parts and there was no new 50th parts. They were the same parts they had when we went a year & 1/2 ago. So I doubt they will get any new ones anytime soon, but one can always hope!

I saw Darth Tater at the Star Trader (by Star Tours) this past weekend.

they should have special pieces celebrating the 50th, I think the golden ears are a great idea! :bounce:

We've bought 3 while here this week! I love those things and I know my kids will never play with them :rotfl: No 50th, and ditto with what the others said, $18, make sure to fill his butt up too, and didn't see any Darth Tater stuff. And your box only has to close on ONE side ;)

Went to DL Sunday and they had plenty Darth Taters in the Star Trader, priced at $12.00

Mom2my2daughters said:
We've bought 3 while here this week! I love those things and I know my kids will never play with them :rotfl: No 50th, and ditto with what the others said, $18, make sure to fill his butt up too, and didn't see any Darth Tater stuff. And your box only has to close on ONE side ;)

Better yet, just fill the box with the parts and get the head at any discount store. We got ours at KMart for like $5, and just filled the box with all the parts.

I got home and realized I only got 3 sets of arms...and we have 4 Mr. Potato heads! And, I wouldn't limit myself to one each of the small stuff...use that to fill in the spaces between the hats and feet!

We're probably the only family in America to have a Mr. Potato head display on the shelf above the couch ::yes:: . When we got home I cleared the shelf and dug out the Potato Heads and we went to work! I got enough pieces that we'll be able to update regularly, lol!

My older son was disappoined that they didn't have "angry eyes"...as in "Don't forget to pack your angry eyes!", but we got one of each of the other type they had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter