MRI, Claustrophobia and Ativan

Well I did it!!! I took my meds and got through it.

I tried the mask....that was a big no for me. What I found helpful was the mirror that they hooked on to the hockey mask. When I opened my eyes, I could see the lady in the booth so it didn't feel like I was in the machine. But I kept my eyes closed most of the time anyways.

I tried the mask....that was a big no for me. What I found helpful was the mirror that they hooked on to the hockey mask. When I opened my eyes, I could see the lady in the booth so it didn't feel like I was in the machine. But I kept my eyes closed most of the time anyways.

Awesome!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Congrats!

I like the mirror idea! I'm glad you made it through.

I have had many mri’s. I now search out a “wide bore” mri. Those are about a 28” opening and a bit shorter than a standard mri tube and can take a 500 lb patient. You wouldn’t think an extra couple of inches wouldn’t make much difference but it does! I too take a Valium or ATIVAN 30-60 minutes prior and that helps me greatly. Last couple of mri’s headphones with music were provided. So basically I was almost asleep listening to oldies music.

From the time you lay down close your eyes. NEVER open them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter