Multi-Site POS Revision Dated 01/19/19

I think that is probably the next two steps, file a complaint and notify DVD through a C&D. Fortunately my college roommate is an attorney in Palm Beach who practices business law, so can get some of the entry work done very easily. But he is checking with his contacts to find someone who specializes primarily in time share law and is willing to take the case on. I think it will require that kind of specialization. Any potential suit probably needs to be brought by someone with standing, which I will conveniently have in a few weeks when our PVB contract closes.

I have to admit the idea of being draw into a legal battle with DVD (and Disney) does not sound like much fun, but someone has to stand up to this. Because after this what do they try next? Plus can you imagine what kind of things discovery might turn up within DVD and DVCMC:teeth:. Now that does actually sound a little fun.
Has anything come of this? And did your PVB contract close? FYI I started a new thread along the lines of the previous "Would you join a lawsuit..." thread.

Just spoke with a guide about buying some points at a "sold out" resort in my December UY. Interestingly he said he had points for February-June UY's but not after. I mentioned that I thought they could re-assign UY's now and he said something along the lines of "only in certain months"... my guess is they offered me those UY's so they wouldn't have to give me both 2018 and 2019 points.

I thought it was interesting that they wouldn't use this new ability to make a sale (today at least... sure I'll get a call eventually).

Just spoke with a guide about buying some points at a "sold out" resort in my December UY. Interestingly he said he had points for February-June UY's but not after. I mentioned that I thought they could re-assign UY's now and he said something along the lines of "only in certain months"... my guess is they offered me those UY's so they wouldn't have to give me both 2018 and 2019 points.

I thought it was interesting that they wouldn't use this new ability to make a sale (today at least... sure I'll get a call eventually).

Not long ago, I added 50 points at VGF. I felt they delayed so I wouldn't get the prior use year's points.

Not long ago, I added 50 points at VGF. I felt they delayed so I wouldn't get the prior use year's points.

That has to be an interesting wrinkle to changing UY's. They can't create points out of thin air so what they have gotten back would have to have the points available that could work for the new UY.

A few years ago there was a time they were selling direct contracts for some resorts without current points. I don't think that lasted too long and someone must have decided they ought to just wait until they had current points in the contracts.

My understanding is they legally can't sell them until the contract has the current points...so if they bought back a contract that did not have all of its current points, they couldn't possibly sell it direct until the UY rolled over. My guide flat out told me that if I wanted more BCV, my best bet was to call him on December 1st for this very reason.

Yup - generally why stripped contracts are more likely to pass ROFR, even at a lower price.

Yup - generally why stripped contracts are more likely to pass ROFR, even at a lower price.

That often is actually not the trend. Way back when I was first buying it was the stripped contracts that were being taken while my full loaded contract as well as others were passing. Recently that has been happening a lot again and it's occured over the years more than once.

That often is actually not the trend. Way back when I was first buying it was the stripped contracts that were being taken while my full loaded contract as well as others were passing. Recently that has been happening a lot again and it's occured over the years more than once.

Interesting, I wonder why? I have always heard you are more likely to get a pass if the contract is stripped.

Interesting, I wonder why? I have always heard you are more likely to get a pass if the contract is stripped.

My guess (I wouldn't say educated) is that they have a large pool of points to transfer from so why pay dues on more points. stripped contracts are definitely being taken more often right now. If you look at cumulative prices including dues, the "discount" on loaded contracts with dues still ends up more pp than stripped.

People come up with all kinds of theories on why things do and do not pass. Doesn't mean any of us actually have a clue about it! 😄 But my guess also is that they tend to have points they can use to fill the gap and without paying the MFs that usually need to be reimbursed on current points. And banked points probably don't do much if anything for them.

But my guess also is that they tend to have points they can use to fill the gap and without paying the MFs that usually need to be reimbursed on current points.

Given that they own 2% of each resort, I agree with this. I am sure they can/do dip into this 2% to make direct sales happen. Much more likely than DVC sitting on a contract for years because it was stripped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter