• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

multiple adrs?

paulh

<font color=blue>likes to have a beer<br><font col
if we can not decide where to go can you make 2 adrs for the same evening for differnt places
Paulh

I suppose it's possible, but it's really not fair to other people trying to make their ADR's if you have two of them tied up and are only going to use one.

The CM I talked to the other day said that has been a problem in the past and they are checking on multiple ressies now.

I suppose someone could use different names etc since they did not ask me for my ressie number but that is not my thing.

What I did was reserve the one I was pretty sure I wanted (or the most popular) and then when it gets closer to time I could attempt to change if need be.

Slightly Goofy

Yes, you can make 2 different ressies for different places on same night (or even the same place at different times). Shouldn't be done very much though as it is holding it from others. And it's beyond rude to not cancel the one you're not going to use as soon as you're settled on your schedule.

Until this trip, Disney had the bothersome habit of not posting hours of the parks very far in advance (at least in the off-season). This plays havoc with planning days and 'where we'll be when...'. This time, they have Sept/Oct hours posted months in advance. They could adjust it some, but having something to go by is much better than wild guessing on plans. :)

(edited to add... you should probably call separately when double-booking, as Disney CMs can get cranky if they 'catch' you. :rolleyes2 )

paulh said:
if we can not decide where to go can you make 2 adrs for the same evening for differnt places
Paulh
There was another thread in the last few days about this-and the poster reported that some of their ADRs were actually cancelled by a Disney CM for this reason.

If a CM "catches" you with multiple ADRs for the same night, they will cancel them....and they are not always too careful about it.

Say DD and I are going to one place and have ADR for 2 at one restaurant. DS and DH are going somewhere else and have ADR for 2. CM looks at our profile (listed in computer under ressie number) and sees 2 ADRs for same night--and cancels both. The didn't look carefully and see that there are 4 people in party and 2 ADRs for 2 people each.

Another problem can come if you really do plan to eat 2 TS in one night--say one at 4:30 and another at 8:50. Since both are withing the "dinner" hours, they might be caught and cancelled.

You can always book what you think you want, and revise it (if available) even as late as after you arrive at WDW. A good idea is to go to the concierge desk (formerly Guest Services) at your resort and ask them to print out a copy of all of your ADRs when you arrive. That way, you know that their list matches yours!

Will the increased use of TS (at least in part due to DDP) they are cracking down on multiple ADRs for the same meal.

They are definitely cancelling multiple reservations with no warnings to you. I myself was a " victim" of this. I had made dinner ressies at one restaurant and then a much later ressie (for dessert) at another restaurant. I scheduled two of these during our week at Disney. Thought it would be great fun. NOT! Our dinner reservations were cancelled! We discovered this when in Disney! I was hyperventilating because the dinner ressies were the most important to us. We didn't want to have dinner at the restaurants I made dessert ressies at. They said the earlier reservation ( I had made dinner adrs first and then later booked the dessert adr's) had been cancelled. If they see what they think is a multiple they cancel the earlier made ressie. It was a nightmare so beware. We had a very helpful CRO who tryed to restore our adr's and then locked them with a password so no one at Disney could cancel them again :confused3 If you make them make sure you cancel before your trip or Disney may do it for you. By the way I had them under two different telephone numbers and it didn't matter!

SlightlyGoofy said:
I suppose someone could use different names etc since they did not ask me for my ressie number but that is not my thing.

Slightly Goofy

Be very careful in how you proceed. We did have a few multiple bookings that we cancelled a month or two before our trip when the park hours were firm but we had 2 separate room reservations and 2 names and 2 different phone numbers and when we checked in we had 1 double left where we weren't sure if we could make the early time or not and the CM basically said pick now or they'll both be gone. So even though the 2 rooms were totally separate families since we had asked to be close together they picked up that we both had bookings.

So even if you seem to be getting away with it initially you never know when it could be discovered and cancelled.

Yvonne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter