Multiple BOG Lunch Reservations

Mamapapa

DIS Veteran
After a few months of trying, I have not been able to secure a BOG QS lunch reservation for 7 people for this coming Sunday (8/26). Using multiple email addresses, I've been able to secure reservations for 1-2 people each so that all 7 of us overlap between 12:00-12:25pm. How does this work at check in? It doesn't matter that the reservations aren't tied to MagicBands does it? Better yet, can we use our dining plan for this if the reservation isn't tied to our MagicBands? This trip has all 7 of us on my Disney account, only one reservation for 2 people is linked to that account. The reservations for the other 5 people are tied to different email address. I'm just starting to wonder if this is worth this much work. Also, how do I guarantee no one gets charged the no show fee? I'm assuming we check in by name (not MagicBand) and this would prevent that from happening? Thank you!!

I have never checked in for an ADR with my Magic Band, only by our names. If all of the ADR's are booked under the name they check in with, there should not be any no show fees billed, also they won't be able to check in if they don't have the correct name anyway since there won't be an ADR for them. You just to have to be sure everyone you booked the ADR for is aware that their ADRs are under their names and not yours.

I have never checked in for an ADR with my Magic Band, only by our names. If all of the ADR's are booked under the name they check in with, there should not be any no show fees billed, also they won't be able to check in if they don't have the correct name anyway since there won't be an ADR for them. You just to have to be sure everyone you booked the ADR for is aware that their ADRs are under their names and not yours.
This is very helpful - thank you!!

After a few months of trying, I have not been able to secure a BOG QS lunch reservation for 7 people for this coming Sunday (8/26). Using multiple email addresses, I've been able to secure reservations for 1-2 people each so that all 7 of us overlap between 12:00-12:25pm. How does this work at check in? It doesn't matter that the reservations aren't tied to MagicBands does it? Better yet, can we use our dining plan for this if the reservation isn't tied to our MagicBands? This trip has all 7 of us on my Disney account, only one reservation for 2 people is linked to that account. The reservations for the other 5 people are tied to different email address. I'm just starting to wonder if this is worth this much work. Also, how do I guarantee no one gets charged the no show fee? I'm assuming we check in by name (not MagicBand) and this would prevent that from happening? Thank you!!

I have had to do this at another restaurant when we had extra people join us. WE check in at the earlier timeframe and explain the situation to the host. This will not be the CM's first rodeo, folks need to do this all of the time. Because BOG is self seat, the CM will not need to worry about seating you altogether, so the odds of being all called in at about the same time will be increased, but of course not promised.

As pointed out above, you just need to make sure everyone knows the name the ADR was booked under. In my family I take this task over because I book the ADR's and use my CC as a guarantee. I love the crew but am not takign a chance someone forgets and I get the charge.

I have had to do this at another restaurant when we had extra people join us. WE check in at the earlier timeframe and explain the situation to the host. This will not be the CM's first rodeo, folks need to do this all of the time. Because BOG is self seat, the CM will not need to worry about seating you altogether, so the odds of being all called in at about the same time will be increased, but of course not promised. As pointed out above, you just need to make sure everyone knows the name the ADR was booked under. In my family I take this task over because I book the ADR's and use my CC as a guarantee. I love the crew but am not takign a chance someone forgets and I get the charge.
Thank you!! And how does it work to pay for the meal? Can we still use our dining plan? We have to pay for one lunch out of pocket next week so I have no problem making it this one, but just wanted to know if dining plan is an option if we're not on the same reservation. Thanks!!

This should work out fine. You might not be called in at exactly the same time, but it won't be an issue since you seat yourself.

And good job btw, I hope they appreciate your hard work! BTDT and it can drive a person crazy trying to get just the right overlapping of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter