Mummy Ride

jacobjennasmom

Earning My Ears
How does the Mummy compare to either Space Mountain or Expedition Everest? I think my daughter would like this but I’m not sure how I will handle it! We love Space Mtn and Expedition Everest so I was wondering if they were easier or worse than the Mummy? Thanks!

It’s faster than Space but not as rough. You can see everything, so no sudden drops or turns really. If you can handle Space you can handle The Mummy. Everest is more intense than either and not really a great comparison apart from Show quality. It’s a great coaster, give it a chance.

It’s faster than Space but not as rough. You can see everything, so no sudden drops or turns really. If you can handle Space you can handle The Mummy. Everest is more intense than either and not really a great comparison apart from Show quality. It’s a great coaster, give it a chance.

Thanks! I think we will be trying it out in April! I’m excited!

The Mummy ride is also much scarier/creepier (since it’s based on the movie) ... but the intensity is as The Pho pointed out.

Our family loves it.

They are different from each other so hard to compare.
Mummy is more about special effects and has a launching factor. The launch is not as intense as RNRC but you can definitely feel it.
But its more the "bugs", fire, and sense of urgency that make it thrilling to me.

The Mummy ride in my opinion is the best ride on the Universal Studios property. Islands of Adventure has some great rides but to me that Mommy is the best in that area. I love it and usual ride it three to four times in one day. I think it's a lot better than Space Mountain and just as good as the Yeti ride.

The Mummy ride in my opinion is the best ride on the Universal Studios property. Islands of Adventure has some great rides but to me that Mommy is the best in that area. I love it and usual ride it three to four times in one day. I think it's a lot better than Space Mountain and just as good as the Yeti ride.

Thanks!! I’m very excited to try it now! I don’t do well with all the simulators so I’m excited to try this one. Am also trying to decide if I can be brave enough to try Rip Ride Rocket with my daughter!

I wouldn't necessarily agree that you can see everything. There are dark sections that have some sudden turns.

The biggest 'surprises' are the hard stops. There are a few of them and if you aren't ready for them, the can be a little rough. It's our favorite ride at Universal, so we know where all the stops are and can brace - and we get a kick out of hearing everyone else go 'ooooofff' when we stop.

If you love Space and Everest, I think you'll love Mummy.

Am also trying to decide if I can be brave enough to try Rip Ride Rocket with my daughter!

Do it!

I’m a chicken for things like Hulk, but once I got over my fear of the flat-on-your-back start to RRR, it’s a really good coaster.

I literally had to google the ride vehicles to see how on earth we were kept in the vehicles for that start. Now that I know, I’m good.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that you can see everything. There are dark sections that have some sudden turns.

The biggest 'surprises' are the hard stops. There are a few of them and if you aren't ready for them, the can be a little rough. It's our favorite ride at Universal, so we know where all the stops are and can brace - and we get a kick out of hearing everyone else go 'ooooofff' when we stop.

This^^^^ Yes! We call those hard stops (and they seem to be on several rides) "gut checks"! We always brace!

Oh my goodness, we do the same!!!

Once you know where those abrupt stops are and you can brace it’s fine......

But first time......bashed heads all round for us!!!

Last time we were on it seemed faster than normal and someone was, shall we say a bit ill when they got off.......not nice......felt sorry for the folks who had to clean that up!!

I would say The Mummy is like Rock'n'Roller Coaster without the loops. The Mummy has a 40 foot drop that is about equivalent to the launch of RNRC (I think).

“Not even the Medji can save you now”.

Great ride and much more intense than Space Mountain. Isn’t there a little pouch in SM to put your belongings? That wouldn’t work on the Mummy.

There’s also at least one ‘belly/nether region tingling’ drop in the Mummy whereas I don’t recall any in SM (never been on Everest)

We LOVE The Mummy, it's our favorite ride at Universal. It is intense and we can't warn you about the "gut check" parts because it will ruin the fun for you, but you should DEFINITELY check it out! We didn't ride it for about 7 years because my daughter was scared the first time we went on it when she was about 8. Then, when she was around 15, we were there and said, Why don't we ever ride this? and couldn't remember except that it was scary for her. But enough time had passed that we thought we should try it again and I'm so glad we did. :)

Finally looked at the original question lol.

I despise MK’s Space. I love Disneyland’s Space. I love EE.

Mummy is like the latter two.

There’s also at least one ‘belly/nether region tingling’ drop in the Mummy whereas I don’t recall any in SM (never been on Everest)

lol. You sound like my son. He doesn’t feel that feeling in his *stomach* at all. And has therefore always loved that feeling.

And you should go on Everest.

I guess I’m a big scaredy cat when it comes to these type of dark rides but may have to bite the bullet and just do it!! Thanks for all of your feedback on the ride. I’m a little nervous about the “stops” but it does sound fun!

I guess I’m a big scaredy cat when it comes to these type of dark rides but may have to bite the bullet and just do it!! Thanks for all of your feedback on the ride. I’m a little nervous about the “stops” but it does sound fun!
Don't be nervous about the stops...everybody groans and then laughs after it happens because it's like you've experienced it as a group and been vocal together about it! They don't "really" hurt! You will be glad you tried it, but I also suggest riding it again after you've ridden it once - the second time you'll let yourself enjoy it...the first time I ride something, I'm always on edge thinking it's going to be worse than it really is!

I think it’s a pretty tame coaster In terms of drops and speed. The theming is great though....unfortunately too great for my daughter. There are flames in one section and it really freaks her out. I could go on this over and over agin but she is usually one and done....and she’s been riding roller coaster since she was three. This one just really freaks her out

Don't be nervous about the stops...everybody groans and then laughs after it happens because it's like you've experienced it as a group and been vocal together about it! They don't "really" hurt! You will be glad you tried it, but I also suggest riding it again after you've ridden it once - the second time you'll let yourself enjoy it...the first time I ride something, I'm always on edge thinking it's going to be worse than it really is!

I don’t know......the stop at the scarab Beatles and the fire area are pretty darn hard at times.

First couple of times we did it we all banged our heads very hard against the back of the seat as we hadn’t braced.......soon learned though. We see it happen all the time.......

It is a a hugely fun ride, not as bad as Hulk but I do enjoy the feelings of airtime you get.......sure the drop is nowhere near as steep as Jurassic Park, but it’s fun and the theme of it is amazing!!

Would love bigger drops on it though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!