m

Great training week. Excellent news on your FP+ as well. We got FOP as well, although not on my first choice day, but we still got it, so I'm excited about that. Cool that you found a new running group to try out. I love our Galloway group. It's great motivation to run with a group, I find.

Since you wrote this I found and ran with a local running group in town and I really enjoyed it! Made the long run go by fast, and was so nice to feel part of the community :)

Since you wrote this I found and ran with a local running group in town and I really enjoyed it! Made the long run go by fast, and was so nice to feel part of the community :)

That's great. I hope it works out for you to keep running with them.

Week of November 12-19

Wow, got a little off track with my journal….but the GREAT news is that I did not get off track with running and working out :-) I did however, have a serious cold that turned into a sinus infection -- but even that didn’t derail me!

I am doing a few things (too many things??) that are really helping with accountability.

I am doing a “Train Like a Mother” program called “Stride into the Holidays” -- a 4 week plan designed to be fun, and with a group Facebook page that is really active and encouraging.

A group in my town set up a holiday challenge with an active Facebook page - goal is daily exercise, whether is be a mile, 10,000 steps, etc. And this ties into my following the RW run streak from Thanksgiving to New Year’s -- I haven’t run every single day, but I have gotten 10,000 steps, ran, walked, or cross-trained.

Monday: 4 miles (10:06))

Tuesday: Strength training

Wednesday: 3.1 miles (10:34)

Thursday: Strength training

Friday: 2.74miles (Attended the Run4AllWomen documentary premiere with a group run beforehand --- I had the chance to run with the group when they did the Boston run this summer, an amazing, inspiring group if you aren’t familiar: https://www.run4allwomen.com/)

Saturday: Rest day/yard work

Sunday: 6.2 miles - felt great! In fact, I took it “easy” -- but when I got home and saved my Garmin entry, it told me I had achieved a 5k PR during the run?!? Does anyone count this? Or just race PRs??

Also, sharing my favorite picture from my long run:
5z1h1f.jpg

That sounds like a great week with lots of motivation (which is hard during December unless you are in full on WDW training mode.)
I will check out that link that you posted for sure.

On the topic of PR's...I tend to have categories of PRs and I think I've seen more than a handful of people on here using similar wording.
Unofficial PR's would be those in training or non-chip timed runs.
I've also got "in-race" PR's like the time last year I bested my 10k time during a longer race. And I got a 5k PR during my October 10k. The first one feels more "official" since that race had actual mats with the 10k split listed on the race results. But I'm calling them both "in-race" PRs.
And then I've got just PR's...actual chip timed race distances. The funny thing is usually those measure the longest out of all the categories. Like my current 8k PR was about a qaurter mile longer to get to the finish because it was so crowded. In the neighborhood training I would have just hit stop right on the nose.

Either way....dancing bananas for your PR :)
:banana::banana::banana:

What a great week! Loved reading about that Saturday run, that had to have been so fun! Really solid pace, too, you certainly didn't go easy on yourself. Your DD is adorable, all smile : )

Yay, cute DD pic!! That's awesome that you ran the whole way and were able to chat and have fun. That's gotta be such a good feeling. Nice 5k time too!

Last edited:
Just say this and went to follow along. Love your running route. It's very pretty!

Thanks for joining in!

What a great week! Loved reading about that Saturday run, that had to have been so fun! Really solid pace, too, you certainly didn't go easy on yourself. Your DD is adorable, all smile : )

Thanks - chatting with the others really took my mind off of the running part :P

Yay, cute DD pic!! That's awesome that you ran the whole way and were able to chat and have fun. That's gotta be such a good feeling. Nice 5k time too!

Thanks! If you’d asked me before the run, I’d have totally doubted my ability.

Great running week and great paces. Your DD is adorable!

Thank you! She is cute - and very headstrong!!

Great week!

Thank you!!

I'm so sorry about the loss of your cat :( That picture of him is just so sweet. Also, yikes about the ER with DD, but glad she's recovered already! Really great job working a lot of good running in with everything else you have going on, and 10k steps/day since Thanksgiving is definitely something to be really proud of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!