Muscles Spasms...….

My husband would get cramps/spasms in his legs at night. His Dr recommended drinking some tonic water before bed. It did help alleviate a lot of the cramping.
This is an old remedy, but effective, as there is quinine in it.

I second trying Gatorade and eating bananas and potatoes, as well as a multivitamin and even magnesium if you want to try that. Cramps can come from electrolyte disturbances. Heat can do wonders, too - do you have a hot water bottle? But you've given us so little information it's hard to offer much more than that. I hope you can get some relief.

Not sure what kinda spasms you are talking about but for muscle cramps a lot of people swear by drinking pickle juice.

Where the muscle makes the legs move and it is painful
I haven't had those in awhile, but when I do it is usually when I am dehydrated. Last time was about a year age, I was in Walmart on a hot Saturday afternoon when I could feel my toes trying to cramp. I realized I had literally not had anything to eat or drink all day. I left and as soon as I got into the car my legs started cramping like crazy. I couldn't stretch them out or even get out of the car. Seemed like it was never going to stop so I finally called my daughter, crying, and asked her to come get me. By the time she got there I was able to get out of the car & stretch a bit then drive home. I feel your pain & hope you find something that works.

There is an old theory that a bar of ivory soap (out of its wrapper) under your mattress, by your legs and feet will help to alleviate leg cramps.

For me, it's usually dehydration, or I haven't had bananas in a while.

The cost of a bar of ivory isn't much and is worth a try.

I hope you feel better!

Pickle Juice & Mustard. Alot of pro athletes use it during games and work outs so i tried it for my horrible muscle cramps. It definitely helps!! And its cheap and most people have it in their fridge.

If potassium is the issue, bananas, potatoes, orange juice and even cola have potassium. The quinine in tonic water helps cramps, but some health food supplement stores carry quinine pills that are convenient to carry in your purse if you are out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!