Kinky Boots
My Fair Lady
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Anything Goes
Chicago
Beetlejuice
Hadestown
Mean Girls
And my daughter just got a part in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, that might be a new favorite, phenomenal music.

Sunday in the Park With George
West Side Story
Into the Woods

Les Misérables is trash, so much musical garbage.

Sitting in the pit orchestra, my favorites are Miss Saigon and Les Miserable. While some may say Les Mis is trash, I loved playing the music. We had an amazing cast so that may have helped.

I also liked A Little Night Music because I got to play the alto flute as well as flute and pic.

Least favorite to play were any Andrew Lloyd Webber scores. Once you've played one you've basically played them all.

Yes, I judge musicals and operas on actually performing the scores, not necessarily the story or the overall music. Feel free to judge me on that.

Hard to choose just one but "The King and I" just jumped into my head so that's my answer for today.

For those who love WSS, I just read the Broadway revival which is now in previews, is set in 2019 rather than 1957. The Somewhere ballet ( which wasn’t in the film either ) is being cut from this production, as well as the song I Feel Pretty. The version of America is the film version rather than the original stage version. Jerome Robbins’ iconic choreography has also been replaced for hip hop moves. I’ll be anxious to read the reviews and fan reactions to all this.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter