Must do's for two ornery boys?

sr6888

Earning My Ears
Our first trip to WDW in 30 days:hyper: I am going with my DH and DS's 7 and 11. I have made no PS"S:rolleyes: We are staying concierge at the YC, hope they can help!! What would you suggest to keep two ornery boys happy at mealtime. I don't think they would go go for the character meals, but I want something fun for them. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

The restaurant at Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon) is supposed to be a hoot! Wait staff yell and stuff. Never been, but others rave.

SciFi would keep them busy, watching the movie trailers and eating great burgers. Cool atmosphere.

ESPN - LOUD!

I'd definitely do Whispering Canyon especially dinner time. Chef Mickey's is always a good choice.

Take them to Beaches & Cream and go for the kitchen sink!

Agree with Whispering Canyon - great for onery boys! :p Also, if they are into sports at all, ESPN is great, and will be convenient to YC - although you can't do PS's.

I would suggest Prime Time at MGM - waiters interact with you there and if the boys are like mine, they like to give the waiters a hard time right back.

Another neat place is Coral Reef at Epcot - they can watch the fish and divers - more expensive meal but my two ds's were able to sit and enjoy the "show" while dh and I ate.

Also, since you are there, you can eat at Beaches & Cream - no ps's- they should love the Kitchen Sink!

Maybe try the Biergarten in Germany at dinner for the musical entertainment.

Is dinner at Whispering Canyon the Hoop Dee Doo? Is it difficult to get a reservation this late? Thanks for all your help! :)

My boys (9 and 10) LOVED Sci Fi and when asked to choose just one sit-down meal for our next trip that is what they both chose!

You may be surprised about the character meals! My boys both enjoyed them. Donald's at AK seems the most "boy oriented" as far as the ones inside the park, though we enjoyed the Garden Grill more. We didn't do Chef Mickey's but I think it may be a good choice for you as it's (from what I hear) much more noisy and chaotic, Garden Grill was very quiet.

HDD and Whispering Canyon are two separate places. HDD is a dinner show, WC is a restaurant that has entertaining CM's with fun things happening. HDD is a set meal, WC is where you order your meal from a menu. WC should not be a problem to get in to.

Originally posted by sr6888
Is dinner at Whispering Canyon the Hoop Dee Doo? Is it difficult to get a reservation this late? Thanks for all your help! :)

Whispering Canyon is in the Wilderness Lodge. They do breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you want really rowdy, go during dinner. On top of the antics and hilarities, they have stick pony races.

Biggest draw: ask for ketchup. ask for pepsi products. tell them you're really really thirsty and that a jelly jar isn't going to cut it.

Boys can be as loud as they want. Trust me, no one is going to notice with all the hollering going around.

My DSs are 10 & 14. Recently we saw a WDW food show on the food channel, and my youngest flipped out when he saw Chef Mickeys breakfast buffet...he just HAS to go. He dosen't give a flip about the characters...it's all about the food! When I told my oldest, (who always thinks he's too "cool") he got excited because he wants to see Mickey and get his autograph. Humph! Go figure! Must be some of that Disney Magic everyone talks about! :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I had heard about Whispering Canyon, but I had no idea it would be so much fun! It sounds perfect for my kids. :crazy: What would a first timer do without these boards? Thanks !!

Our 3 boys love/request the following:

Whispering Canyon: Lincoln Logs in the waiting area, lots of silly fun, loud is okay!

O'Hana: all you can eat shrimp for our oldest; dessert in a sand pail, coconut races, cute decorations in all the drinks

Bomas: they love the food, hands-down and have a great memory of a waitress wrapping them up in towels since they were still cold and wet from Kali Rapid Run

CRT: they think eating in the castle "rocks"

Beirgarten: dancing and dining!!! My guys love any chance to get on a dance floor
:p

When my boys were that age they like and still like
Sci Fi
ESPN Club
Le Cellier (they like steak)

Your boys are really not that old and I'm sure the little one especially would like Chef Mickey. We went there every trip with the kids.

I'm taking a 7 year old niece and 11 year old nephew this summer and we're eating at CRT, O'hanas, Biergarten (their choice), Hollywood and Vine, Chef Mickey and for two counter service lunches, Tusker House and Kringla Bakeri.

If they're truly ornery perhaps you should pack a cooler and eat in the room.;)
pirate:

Originally posted by oogieboogie
Whispering Canyon is in the Wilderness Lodge. They do breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you want really rowdy, go during dinner. On top of the antics and hilarities, they have stick pony races.

Biggest draw: ask for ketchup. ask for pepsi products. tell them you're really really thirsty and that a jelly jar isn't going to cut it.

Boys can be as loud as they want. Trust me, no one is going to notice with all the hollering going around.

Even better, tell them you dropped your fork and need another!
We love WCC! We also make it point to visit Chef Mickey's for a breakfast!

Originally posted by AspiringCindy
Even better, tell them you dropped your fork and need another!
We love WCC! We also make it point to visit Chef Mickey's for a breakfast!

Yeah... did that to DS this Feb and this is what he got:

It's the WCC fork warrior:
f8dec54e.jpg

What a hoot! I love the promises the kids had to make after the pony races.

Oh, and don't be shy to interact with your server! The more you go with the jokes, the more the servers love it.

How funny!! Sounds like Whispering Canyon is a must do!

As far as packing a cooler and eating in the room, that will probably take place a meal or two. My boys don't fight, they just like to have alot of fun together. They have opposite personalities and it works well. They usually get in trouble for having too much fun in the wrong places and at the wrong time (Like in nice restaurants!). Thanks everyone!

When my ds(12) were those ages he liked: Sci Fi, Coral Reef, San Angel, Rainforest Cafe(but sit at the bar for quick service), Beaches & Cream, ESPN and Palio - and he still does!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter