Must Eats!!

silvaohana808

Mouseketeer
Okay guys...what are your must eats (meals and snacks) while visiting Disneyland? Downtown Disney, Resorts, Parks, & areas surrounding. Our 4 boys are not picky eaters and love food! We're travelling with 8 of us- 4 adults, 4 children so even family sized portions are welcome! We are looking at doing one character dining experience..leaning toward Goofy's Kitchen. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

My new guilty pleasure that I recently discovered thanks to this board is the Cinnamon Churro English Toffee in DCA...delish.

Corn dog from the Little Red Wagon at the hub end of Main Street. I hate corn dogs, but these corn dogs are totally divine.

Also any soup-in-a-bread-bowl thing. Preferably with clam chowder, corn chowder, or that beef stew that they have at French Market.

Tableside Guacamole at Tortilla Jo’s is our #1 must do. It’s the best!

We also always seem to get the raspberry Mickey shaped macaron from Jolly Holiday at least once a trip, but it’s more like once a day if I’m being honest with myself.

The loaded dole whip behind the tiki room has also become a staple in our lives. There are so many good treats, but those are my top 3.

Corn dog from the Little Red Wagon at the hub end of Main Street. I hate corn dogs, but these corn dogs are totally divine.

Also any soup-in-a-bread-bowl thing. Preferably with clam chowder, corn chowder, or that beef stew that they have at French Market.
Yummy...my kids love corn dogs! LOL
Yes! we did the soup in a bread bowl last time...it was delicious!! Our family of 6 shared 2! It was a lot!
Thank you!

Tableside Guacamole at Tortilla Jo’s is our #1 must do. It’s the best!

We also always seem to get the raspberry Mickey shaped macaron from Jolly Holiday at least once a trip, but it’s more like once a day if I’m being honest with myself.

The loaded dole whip behind the tiki room has also become a staple in our lives. There are so many good treats, but those are my top 3.

OOOOh love Guacamole. Never been to Jolly Holiday...will definitely check that out! we love dole whip! We're from Hawaii so anything that reminds us of home is awesome! Thank you so much!

There are so many things...raspberry macaron from Jolly Holiday, pommes frites from Cafe Orleans, fresh caramel corn from stand in DCA (although the last time I got it it was way too oily), some of the seasonal soups at Pacific Wharf Cafe, donuts and lobster nachos at Lamplight Lounge, afternoon tea at Steakhouse 55, tableside guacamole at Tortilla Jo’s...could go on but I’ll stop.

There are so many things...raspberry macaron from Jolly Holiday, pommes frites from Cafe Orleans, fresh caramel corn from stand in DCA (although the last time I got it it was way too oily), some of the seasonal soups at Pacific Wharf Cafe, donuts and lobster nachos at Lamplight Lounge, afternoon tea at Steakhouse 55, tableside guacamole at Tortilla Jo’s...could go on but I’ll stop.
lol! you can go on if you want! LOL! These are awesome suggestions...thanks so much!

Right now I’m loving the fish tacos at Craftsman Grill located in GCH. The m&m brownie there is delicious as well.

Baked potatoes from Troubadour Tavern when Mickey & the Magical Map is playing are always a hit with my family. Sometimes the kids will opt for the jumbo pretzel.

Jack jacks Num Num cookie in DCA is another fave, and we recently enjoyed edible cookie dough from the funnel cake stand in DTD.

Seasonal Mickey beignets at Mint Julep Bar. It was candy cane dusted around Christmas, but right now it looks like it's sour cherry.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/mint-julep-bar/menus/

We just tried the sour cherry beignets! They’re decent. Definitely better than candy cane, but we preferred the sour apple ones at the 90s After Dark last year. And of course the pumpkin spice are the best!😋

lol! you can go on if you want! LOL! These are awesome suggestions...thanks so much!

I almost forgot...love eating dinner at Carnation Cafe. The patty melt is my favorite. I’ve had the seasonal TV dinner (once it was a pork chop, another time it was short ribs or something similar). It’s fun to order because you get a main, sides, and dessert on a little tray.

The churro toffee can be found at Trolley Treats in DCA and Candy Palace in DL. My favorite from the candy shops are the marshmallow wands but this toffee is on my to try list.

We always get a Dole Whip, churro, pickles, and popcorn. The best meal I’ve had was the Cocina Bowl at Cocina Cucamonga in DCA. It was AMAZING!

Last edited:
French market is my favourite place to eat (also has great salads if someone need's a fried food break!), and award wiener's in DCA has lot's of great hot dog varieties, I love the bbq crunch dog. Plaza inn tends to have more character's at the character breakfast (8 or so as apposed to the normal 4 or 5), the food is standard but good. Goofy's kitchen has some really interesting food but I feel like the atmosphere at plaza is better

Corn dog from little red wagon

Beignets from Ralph Brennan’s walk up counter

Rancho del Zocalo - so far all items we’ve had have been really good and great portions.

Docking Bay 7 - kaadu pork ribs, my family of 4 shares two orders.

Cafe Orleans - monte cristo and pomme frites, one of each is enough for 2 people to share

Last edited:
The churro toffee can be found at Trolley Treats in DCA and Candy Palace in DL. My favorite from the candy shops are the marshmallow wands but this toffee is on my to try list.

We always get a Dole Whip, churro, pickles, and popcorn. The best meal I’ve had was the Cocina Bowl at Cocina Cucamonga in DCA. It was AMAZING!

yummy! Thank you!

French market is my favourite place to eat (also has great salads if someone need's a fried food break!), and award wiener's in DCA has lot's of great hot dog varieties, I love the bbq crunch dog. Plaza inn tends to have more character's at the character breakfast (8 or so as apposed to the normal 4 or 5), the food is standard but good. Goofy's kitchen has some really interesting food but I feel like the atmosphere at plaza is better

oooh i'll check those places out for sure. I will definitely look into Plaza...I was thinking Goofy's kitchen only because its not in a park...and we can do that the evening we arrive in the area. Thanks for the suggestion!

Paradise Garden Grill in DCA when they have the Mediterranean skewers
Treats AND sandwiches at Jolly Holiday in DL (raspberry mickey macaron !! matterhorn macaroon !)
Monte Cristo and pomme frites at Café Orleans in DL... (one order of each is huge and two of us cannot even finish!)
Dole whip (of course !)
cream cheese filled pretzels
chocolate covered marshmallow wands
..... and so much more !!

Chili at cozy cones. Only thing I Got twice last trip. I also like the lemonade there.

We always eat at French market. I love the salad. Dh always gets something random, which is always good.

We often eat at jolly holiday. I get the tomato soup and grilled cheese. He got a yucky seasonal sandwich in November.

We love boardwalk pizza & pasta we usually get marinara pasta and a Caesar salad and share them. My sis loves the other pasta style.

Most trips I get the vegetarian sandwich at award wieners.

We always used to go to Bengal bbq but portions have gotten smaller, prices have gone up. Just not worth it to us.

We get dole whip at home from our local frozen yogurt places. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!