Must have places to eat ? Food ideas ? grocery delivery ?

Not much to go on, could you be a little more specific please? Type of cuisine, food, will you have a car, if not where are you staying?
All the best.

Not much to go on, could you be a little more specific please? Type of cuisine, food, will you have a car, if not where are you staying?
All the best.
Oops sorry. Was wondering if there are any places we should for sure make it to first of all. A particular character dinner? Also I have heard of people getting groceries delivered to save cost? And if we go with a place that doesn't have a continental breakfast any certain recommendations for affordable places to eat daily for a breakfast. Kind of thinking an affordable breakfast and splurge for dinner and pack for snacks. No car. We like anything really but more on the kid friendly side. :)

Last edited:

We had Vons deliver food to our hotel. Since we wanted to get to the parks early we bought breakfast items and lots of water (there was 5 of us). I also bought a small styrofoam cooler to use for the water. Filled it with the hotel ice.

We had Vons deliver food to our hotel. Since we wanted to get to the parks early we bought breakfast items and lots of water (there was 5 of us). I also bought a small styrofoam cooler to use for the water. Filled it with the hotel ice.
Oh nice to know about Von' s and super great idea about water!!

Yes, if you don’t have a breakfast included in your stay I would buy some breakfast stuff just to save some time in the morning! I don’t really have the nerve to wake up at 5 am or earlier to do a full sit down breakfast somewhere (and I wanna save that key as well)... we used to ate a little breakfast in our room but now our BW hotel offers breakfast so that’s perfect now...(food delivery wasn’t really a thing back than so we went to the 7/11)

I never bring my own snacks to the park but buy everything there... but I love all the food there and can hardly eat at much as I would like to, but if you have kids some small snacks would probably be a smart idea also to save some money... ( having something to snack in line can be a live saver)

Must to eat food at the parks.
Well that’s a pretty subjective question with lots of answers! I think you can go at least 2 weeks with just the must to eat food!
I would just say hit google and hit the search here...(there was at least one thread about food in the last week...) just so you can narrow down your question

My personal must dos on every trip trip are: sourdough bread bowls (different locations, different soups... royal street veranda, Harbour galley, pacific wharf), popcorn, ice cream bars and churros...corn dogs and tigger tails made the list last trip (I didn’t know about them being soo good before)
And that’s already quite a lot of food and snacks...it’s what I ate last trip for 5 days (+a BB lunch F! I loved that one as well)

Oh and you can find all the menus online so you can check them out as well...

To save some money I usually orders a free cup of water to my food... that’s was really a money saver on this trip!

I hope I was able to help you find a start for your food planning...

Yes, if you don’t have a breakfast included in your stay I would buy some breakfast stuff just to save some time in the morning! I don’t really have the nerve to wake up at 5 am or earlier to do a full sit down breakfast somewhere (and I wanna save that key as well)... we used to ate a little breakfast in our room but now our BW hotel offers breakfast so that’s perfect now...(food delivery wasn’t really a thing back than so we went to the 7/11)

I never bring my own snacks to the park but buy everything there... but I love all the food there and can hardly eat at much as I would like to, but if you have kids some small snacks would probably be a smart idea also to save some money... ( having something to snack in line can be a live saver)

Must to eat food at the parks.
Well that’s a pretty subjective question with lots of answers! I think you can go at least 2 weeks with just the must to eat food!
I would just say hit google and hit the search here...(there was at least one thread about food in the last week...) just so you can narrow down your question

My personal must dos on every trip trip are: sourdough bread bowls (different locations, different soups... royal street veranda, Harbour galley, pacific wharf), popcorn, ice cream bars and churros...corn dogs and tigger tails made the list last trip (I didn’t know about them being soo good before)
And that’s already quite a lot of food and snacks...it’s what I ate last trip for 5 days (+a BB lunch F! I loved that one as well)

Oh and you can find all the menus online so you can check them out as well...

To save some money I usually orders a free cup of water to my food... that’s was really a money saver on this trip!

I hope I was able to help you find a start for your food planning...
Oh my goodness the thank you so much for all the info. Great idea about the menus also. Thanks again!

Just returned from 3 days at the parks. I'm proud to say that we didn't buy any meals at the parks and saved a tonne of cash. My kids did buy an ice cream and a churros, so in total we spent less than $10 on food and drink at the parks.

As for groceries, we went to both Walmart and Target (used Uber to get there and back). I don't normally shop for groceries at either of these places. I found Walmart to have a better selection of food, especially fruit and produce. From our location on Katella, Uber fare was around $8 each way.

Just returned from 3 days at the parks. I'm proud to say that we didn't buy any meals at the parks and saved a tonne of cash. My kids did buy an ice cream and a churros, so in total we spent less than $10 on food and drink at the parks.

As for groceries, we went to both Walmart and Target (used Uber to get there and back). I don't normally shop for groceries at either of these places. I found Walmart to have a better selection of food, especially fruit and produce. From our location on Katella, Uber fare was around $8 each way.
Great advice! Thanks!

Half the reason I go to Disneyland is the food.

I was thinking of doing Von's delivery to DLH this next time, but we'd probably like a bottle of wine or so-- 5 of the 6 in our family are over 21-- and I believe you have to be present to receive delivery order with alcohol in it. I may just do the "Uber to the grocery store" thing this time. That sounds like a good way to go, to pick up quick breakfast items plus a rack of bottled water (spoiler alert: California tap water is awful! I hate to even brush my teeth with it).
As far as snacks in the park: Dole whips and floats are a must do for me, though my DH is ambivalent. We are gluten free due to celiac, and it makes me weep tears of self-pity when we go past the churros carts!

Oops sorry. Was wondering if there are any places we should for sure make it to first of all. A particular character dinner? Also I have heard of people getting groceries delivered to save cost? And if we go with a place that doesn't have a continental breakfast any certain recommendations for affordable places to eat daily for a breakfast. Kind of thinking an affordable breakfast and splurge for dinner and pack for snacks. No car. We like anything really but more on the kid friendly side. :)
Goofy's Kitchen is the only character dinner right now. The other meals are breakfast/brunch. Minnie's at Plaza Inn has the most characters. Donald's at PPH has Stitch. Mickey's at Storyteller's has better food. NR ($$$$!) has the princesses. If you book Minnie's for a later time, say 10:30 am, on a day you have EMH/MM, that can work as a kind of brunch, which can make the meal a better value.
There are Starbucks locations in both parks (Market House in DL and Fiddler, Fifer, & the Practical in DCA) and two locations in DTD. If you have a Starbucks card, that is one way to get breakfast on the go while keeping tabs on the spending. (In addition to having food in your hotel room, if the hotel doesn't provide a free breakfast.)
DLR doesn't have a dining plan, but many people like to use Disney gift cards (and gift cards for the other non-Disney restaurants) for food budgeting. The gift cards don't work everywhere (maybe not at all carts?), but work most places. Ghirardelli's doesn't take Disney gift cards, but takes their own. Non-Disney DTD restaurants, e.g. Patina Group owned places, take their own gift cards. This can be an easier way to keep track of food spending.
Share food in the parks! Share snacks -- everyone gets a taste and no one gets stuffed. Many meals are very shareable, e.g. Plaza Inn meals, Rancho del Zocalo meals, Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta meals, etc. Sharing can really help out the budget! And no one goes hungry.
Cups of ice water are free at most CS locations, so don't waste money buying bottles of water in the parks. You can bring in your own refillable bottle and use the filtered water faucets at various locations in both parks or bring in your own bottled water.
There are lots of places to eat that are budget and kids friendly in and around the parks, especially if you get creative. Adults can eat kids meals at CS places, too. Napolini in DTD is one of the best meal deals on site! Earl of Sandwich is filling and not expensive -- and I think they offer a AAA discount, too.
As you get closer to your trip, ask again about places to eat. You'll get lots of suggestions!

One option for groceries is to use Lansky's Car Service, a favorite on this board, for your airport transportation. Lansky's includes one short stop for groceries on the way to your hotel.

Other similar options are available with similar transportation services from LAX, ie, Karmel Shuttle. Best to make them aware of your wishes before meeting the driver though, so they can plan ahead for the shopping break at Vons or whichever supermarket you are wanting to stop at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!