Must see movies before visiting the Universal Resort

GoldmanTrust

Mouseketeer
Hey guys!

It is now three weeks until we leave for our annual 2 week September trip. We cheated a little bit this year and also came in June.

My daughter and I now always watch about 30 minutes of Harry Potter each night and are well into yet another HP marathon. I LOVE those movies, one always catches something new each time.

What other movies should we watch? We went on F&F in june. What particular movie is it based on in the series? I saw the first one, so I kind of know the story. Do we have to watch them all?

We watched MIB this summer. ET is a must.

Anything else?

TIA

If you want to watch the movies, watch them, but I do not think you need to watch any movies to enjoy the rides.

Even if you have never heard of Harry Potter, I can not see how anyone would not love the atmosphere or the rides in those areas.

I have never seen spider man, transformers, or mummy. I still enjoy those rides. I have not even been tempted to see the movies, just not my kind of movie, but I don't miss hitting those rides.

I had never seen a potter movie the first time I saw the potter area in IOA. Simply beautiful. Having never seen the movie had zero effect on my enjoying the ride.

I have since watched all the potter movies and I was not that impressed. I fully accept I am in the minority.

I still enjoy the whole potter areas and rides. And I love butterbeer.

But I enjoy them on their own merit, not because they are loosely tied to some movie.

I haven't done F&F yet. I will on my next trip. I am hoping having never seen the movie, I will enjoy it more than most of the people on these threads because I have no idea on what to expect.

No. I have thought about getting the books on tape as I can no longer read books, but I haven't done it yet.

I was happy that I watched the Mummy and Men In Black before our first trip. However, neither are necessary.

If you want to watch the movies, watch them, but I do not think you need to watch any movies to enjoy the rides.

Even if you have never heard of Harry Potter, I can not see how anyone would not love the atmosphere or the rides in those areas.

I have never seen spider man, transformers, or mummy. I still enjoy those rides. I have not even been tempted to see the movies, just not my kind of movie, but I don't miss hitting those rides.

I had never seen a potter movie the first time I saw the potter area in IOA. Simply beautiful. Having never seen the movie had zero effect on my enjoying the ride.

I have since watched all the potter movies and I was not that impressed. I fully accept I am in the minority.

I still enjoy the whole potter areas and rides. And I love butterbeer.

But I enjoy them on their own merit, not because they are loosely tied to some movie.

I haven't done F&F yet. I will on my next trip. I am hoping having never seen the movie, I will enjoy it more than most of the people on these threads because I have no idea on what to expect.

While I respect your opinion, I do think a lot of people do gain some appreciation for the rides after having an idea of the storylines in the movies. This is especially true for us with the Potter areas. You are not just talking about a ride or 2 here... we are are talking about two of the most immersive lands not only in UO but in all of Orlando. We enjoyed the details in these lands so much more knowing the stories and knowing what things were through out the lands. While you can enjoy everything.... the enjoyment is heightened I would say.....for us.

Let's see...
MIB- that's always a fun family movie to watch
some Simpsons episodes
Harry Potter
Shrek (the ride is like a sequel to the movie)

While there are obviously a lot of other movies represented, I think that those are the ones I think you would benefit the most from knowing a bit ahead of time.

I would add Jurassic Park to the list. Pretty cool ride and some if that area mimics the movie with the discovery center.

You could watch the first Transformers movie. The movie and ride are all about the "All Spark" so the movie would give some context into what's going on in the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter