Must try Restaurants for 3 boys

taraaplin

Mouseketeer
This will be our fourth visit to WDW! We took a three year break but are returning 7/2-7/9. So excited! Our boys will now be 15, 12, and 7! What do you suggest for Disney Springs early dinner for our party of 5? Usually we do T-Rex and aren’t opposed to it. Just wanted to see if there are any restaurants that are must dos for boys.

What about the parks?

Noted my children are no longer into the characters and don’t want to do the character meals :(

In DS, I'd suggest Blaze pizza or D-Luxe Burger, especially the burger duos, based solely on the idea that teenage boys eat a lot and feeding them can get expensive. Neither place is reinventing the culinary wheel, but offer pretty good food for a good (for Disney) price.

I agree with the above posts for Disney Springs. As far as the parks go, The Sci-Fi at Disney Holllywood, maybe Teppan Edo at Epcot, Via Napoli at Epcot, or 50's Prime Time at Hollywood.

Last edited:

Oh my goodness when my son was a teenager he was a never ending eating machine! We got the dining plan for that reason and have stuck with it since. I am not sure if you are on it or not, but it was totally worth it for us.

My teens really liked Splitsville and T-Rex at DS.

Parks:
DS- Sci Fi. The kids love the burgers and shakes and the atmosphere. The movie clips are a hoot and keeps us all entertained.
MK- nothing appealed to my teens here, so we would eat at EPCOT
EPCOT- Teppan Edo, Rose and Crown, LeCellier and Biergarden
AK- Rainforest Cafe

Splitsville is fun, and their menu is vast! I'm sure all of you will find something. Dare your oldest boy to order The Mad King burger!

(outside of Disney Springs, I'd go with SciFi Diner in HS)

This will be our fourth visit to WDW! We took a three year break but are returning 7/2-7/9. So excited! Our boys will now be 15, 12, and 7! What do you suggest for Disney Springs early dinner for our party of 5? Usually we do T-Rex and aren’t opposed to it. Just wanted to see if there are any restaurants that are must dos for boys.

What about the parks?

Noted my children are no longer into the characters and don’t want to do the character meals :(

Whispering Canyon Cafe

So far I've only "Disneyed" with a then 11 year girl and 8 year old boy.
Their must do again restaurants are:

HDDR
'Ohana
Via Napoli
Boathouse
and any random spot the mood hits them at Epcot.

My boys 12 & 8 loved Homecoming and Polite Pig. Good food and generous portions for the 12 yo bottomless appetite. any He says the fried chicken and waffles at Homecoming are “epic”. My hubby and I enjoyed them both as well.

We have never been to DS. However, my boys (9 & 7) insisted on Scifi in HS and Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge.

My DS is 16 and he loves T-Rex still but mostly for nostalgic reasons. While he’s not coming with us on our September 2018 trip, we are looking at a 2019 one with him. He’s super interested in the Edison - thinks the decor is super cool and loves the bacon appetizer on a clothesline. I’m not sure the serve enough big food to fill his bottomless pit of a stomach but we always get the DxDP because of him and my husband - they make sure we always get value for the money

My kids decide where they like to eat based on menus, so perhaps let them look at a few and see what interests them? Gender should wind up being irrelevant when it comes to choosing where to go.

My kids decide where they like to eat based on menus, so perhaps let them look at a few and see what interests them? Gender should wind up being irrelevant when it comes to choosing where to go.
agree, mine look at menus and the ones I listed above are places they liked the food choices. Add that Yak n Yeti was loved by younger son last April too, based on food taste!

I have a 12 and 18 year old. They love places that have plentiful food, fun theming, and where they can kick back and not worry so much about being quiet and reserved. Fine dining is not their jam.

Their favorites:
Sci-Fi Dine-In - stick to the burgers, fries, and shakes
Most character buffets. Even at their ages, they still enjoy greeting the characters.
'Ohana family-style breakfast
'Ohana meat-fest dinner. Those boys can straight-up destroy wontons and skewers of shrimp
Sanaa-we get a couple grilled meat sampler plates and the full bread service with extra bread for the table to share instead of individual entrees. It is plenty of food for my human garbage disposals.
Biergarten - meat and potatoes and entertainment. They are very happy here.
Tepan Edo - watching the chef prepare your (very large) meal is entertaining

We took four teenage boys to Trails End. The buffet never recovered ;)

Lol that’s every buffet I go to with my construction worker DH and 16 year old DS - who is now 6’5” and 220lbs and still growing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter