• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

must-use points questions

adamak

DIS Veteran
Hello all,
I have 38 points I must use by 10/1/2001. However, I want to go there in mid-Nov for the wine & food fest. Is there any way I can delay using these points?
I know this is a long shot. Thanks.

ada

If you can't bank the points to your next use year, that you must use the points by the expiration date.

You might try the rent/trade board to see if anyone was willing to take your points for a reservation prior to their expiration date and give you points that you could use in November...Who knows..it's worth a try!

Good luck!

Looks like you have a October use year, you bank can 50% of your points up until June 30th and 25% up until July 31

How many points do you have?, if you have 200, then you can bank as much as 100 by 6/30 and up to 50 by 7/31

I have 155 pts, Oct use year. But I already bank all of them till next year. I believe this 38 pts was carried over from last year, which I must use. I was just hoping that maybe I can reserve a room prior to Oct, and then pay some money to change the date till Nov. But doesn't look like I can do that.....
:(

You could rent them. You could also borrow part of next years points and do a deposit first with II for a studio. Sept would only be 80 points.

I agree that you should try renting them. Many people over on the rent trade board would love to take a summer visit. The transaction is easy and you will not have to worry about loosing the points. We rented from owners several times before finally buying into the DVC this past year. Take Care, Tammy:cool:

:p There are plenty of people looking to rent, trade or use some of your points. I am in fact looking for 14 points for one extra night at VWL but I am going to get stuck at All Star Resort one night now.

If you can find someone to rent your points that may help you with your problem , but there is no way to just book and use those points.

Good Luck.

tsacyensidlycos.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter