MVMCP Early Entry for DVC

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I was not aware when we went, but was told last year that DVC members could get early entrance at 2 PM into MK with their MVMCP tickets. True?

If yes, any word on that happening again this year?

I was not aware when we went, but was told last year that DVC members could get early entrance at 2 PM into MK with their MVMCP tickets. True?

If yes, any word on that happening again this year?

From the DVC Website:

Early Entry to the Park

When attending this event, Members and their guests can enter Magic Kingdom park as early as 2:00 PM!
Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touch points to take advantage of this benefit. Valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this event—a total of 8 people.

If we buy our MVMCP tickets early, can we show our DVC Blue ID and pick up the tickets when we visit in September so we don't have to stand in line during our holiday trip?

Last year there was a separate line, it was obvious, maybe a sign, I don't remember that part, where you showed your membership card and ticket. It was quick and easy. Glad to hear they are doing that again this year!

I may be in the minority, but I think it’s outright wrong to let Members in prior to start time.
Why should someone with a regular day ticket, whose park day is shortened because of the party, have extra crowds to compete with in the last few hours of their visit?.... especially because those extra people did not pay for those park hours.

Yay! At least there’s another perk to make the sting of the AP rising 20% in a day less hurtful. First world problems and dilemmas!

I think it's a nice gesture to let DVC in early. That said, it's a benefit we typically don't take advantage of unless lining up a bit early to meet characters. Fighting the daily MK crowds just isn't worth it to me. I'd prefer to wait closer to the party start time. We know we'll always be back and don't see much incentive in entrance prior to the party start time.

W usually have annual passes, so this perk isn't one we ever need to use. Nice for those who do, though.

I may be in the minority, but I think it’s outright wrong to let Members in prior to start time.
Why should someone with a regular day ticket, whose park day is shortened because of the party, have extra crowds to compete with in the last few hours of their visit?.... especially because those extra people did not pay for those park hours.

MK is usually the least crowded during a MNSSHP day, I don't think DVC members would make a lot of difference. Many of us have an AP or lenght of stay tickets anyway.

MK is usually the least crowded during a MNSSHP day, I don't think DVC members would make a lot of difference. Many of us have an AP or length of stay tickets anyway.
Agree. That said, I was not (and am not) in favor of DVC Members meeting strangers at 2 PM so that they also could get in at 2 pm as "guests" of DVC Members. Last year there were even threads on various internet boards (and maybe Facebook) facilitating such meet ups. Not sure what the impact of that was, but IMHO, it's another example of why nice perks disappear.

Agree. That said, I was not (and am not) in favor of DVC Members meeting strangers at 2 PM so that they also could get in at 2 pm as "guests" of DVC Members. Last year there were even threads on various internet boards (and maybe Facebook) facilitating such meet ups. Not sure what the impact of that was, but IMHO, it's another example of why nice perks disappear.

Oh my...
I had no idea people did this, I agree it's certainly not what the perk should be about.

When I told Y. about the trick not to pay the grocery delivery fee she told me: "I cannot imagine someone going to such lenghts to avoid the fee". She certainly doesn't know Disney fans and how they like to exploit a loophole :)

This is awesome! Was just looking at those tickets and tried to justify the cost for a 7pm entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter