MVMCP - Maybe Not?

jfarrell

Earning My Ears
I spoke with Disney Reservations today and was told that, due to poor attendance last year, there is a chance that there will not be any dates this year for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I called back to confirm (with someone else) and was told there was not information as of yet.

This can't be true. Has anyone heard a similar message?

Poor attendance?? They were all sold out this past December..I tried to get tickets and couldn't :confused:

That would shock me, it makes no sense. All I heard was complaints last year that MVMCP was packed. Seems a highly profitable event, why cancel it?

When we went last year on Thursday, Dec. 7th, A castmember told my mom the event was sold out at 42,000 tickets. It was jam packed and we really didn't enjoy ourselves. We were told previously only 20,000 tickets were sold each night. I don't know what they're plans are-I just wish if they continue to hold it, they sold fewer tickets.

Originally posted by pnelson
I just wish if they continue to hold it, they sold fewer tickets.

LOL! :earseek::rolleyes:

I know you didn't mean it to be a joke...so please don't be offended...

While I was there last year I could not get a ticket...

I really cant see Disney cancelling the MVMCP at all. They are making tons of money off of it, from what I can tell. DH and I were there last December, and we now refer to it as Mickeys Very Miserable Christmas Party. There were literally thousands of people there. We only stayed about 2 hours due to the crowds. after we saw the parade and got our photos we left. Keep trying for tickets, Im sure it will be on schedule again for this season, Its definatly a money maker!:rolleyes:

We attended this the past two years. The first year was very enjoyable, but this past year was SO crowded. It was so difficult to move around. I think the CM must have been misinformed or was just giving her own assessment of the sitution, because there is no way that it's being cancelled due to low attendance.

I called May 11th on our way back from WDW when we decided we couldn't wait an entire year to go again. We are going at Christmas and wanted to go to MVMCP and the CM I talked to told me they had been told WDW was not planning to have it this year and she did not know if they were replacing it with anything else. I called a couple of days later and got the same message from a different CM. They did not say why so I have no idea and it seems so popular....then again, why in the world have they shortened their hours so much this June? I certainly hope these CM's were given false info because we were really looking forward to going. Just wanted to pass this along. If anything new develops I hope someone will post it right away.

CatOne

Oh my :(
We were there Dec '99 and loved it -the cookies and hot chocolate were scrummy! We have booked for this December and MVMCP was on our to do list - I sure hope that this is not true.

I too would be suprised if they cancel it. As to experiences, we have been three times. The first and third (last December) were great and the second was so-so.

I gotta reply, even though I'll sound like a broken record.
My family and I have been to MVMCP in 99' & 00'. I have to say 99' was quite enjoyable but was more crowed then I expected. In 00' it was terrible!!! I was 7 months pregnant with twins, my Mother was in a wheelchair and MVMCP was ssssssoooooooo packed we could barely get around. I agree that Disney should cut the amount of tickets by atleast half. Make it a more intimate affair.;)

I hope they don't cancel MVMCP....our whole trip in December is based upon this event and the candlelight processional at Epcot! This is our first time going in Dec. and it would just be terrible if they cancel it. :(

I really can't see WDW cancelling MVMCP. I was there last December, and even on a weeknight the place was sold out and felt as crowded as New Year's Eve.

Good news (I hope ) Susan aka Peter Pan Fan has posted on the resort forum re December rates for the Magical Holidays Package and says that the CM she spoke to, said that they are waiting for confirmation of dates for the MVMCP and then they will release the packages and that she should call back next week.

So, it looks like the Party is on guys!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I just heard about this rumor on another board and was shocked!

I sure hope it's a false rumor!

Fyi...

Someone just posted that they called again about this today and they were told the dates would come out early July which I don't understand since last year I already knew the dates and purchased my tickets on June 18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!