MVMCP twice?

goofywdw

Earning My Ears
My wife and I will make our first-ever December visit to WDW (We have been visiting WDW for 25 years, just never in December) and have tickets for MVMCP.

We are empty-nesters and love taking photos. Given that we have never been before should we consider doing MVMCP twice during our visit?

We can budget for two visits as we save money by always staying at Pop.

We are similar( empty nesters, visited over 20 times but never Christmas) and we went 16 th to 30 th December last year and loved it! We did MVMCP twice purely because there is so much to see and we didn’t feel like we could do it justice in one night. We also did the Dessert Party for Holiday Wishes as we wanted to be sure to get a good view without the crazyness of the Hub.
The first night we did we concentrated on the stage show, the parade and the fireworks, the second night we saw the stage show, and parade again but watched the fireworks from behind the castle as we couldn’t face the masses in front of the castle.
Only photo we wanted was with Goofy but we had a fantastic time both nights and would definetly do the same again.

Why do the party twice when there are other Holiday experiences you could do? There is the Yuletide Tour, Holiday D'Lites tour, Holiday Sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness.

If you decide on the Sleigh ride you can also do Hoop-de-do revue or Mickey's backyard bar-b-q.

We did it twice because we wanted to do it twice, none of the above appealed to us. We were lucky enough to be there for two weeks, we enjoyed all of the other stuff in the parks as well, especially Festival of the Holidays at Epcot and the snow at Hollywood Studios!

I would go twice if it were me. It will be me in 4 years after DD graduates a high school. :flower:

If doing MVMCP twice means missing out on the resort Christmas decor or the holiday decor and events at EP, DHS and/or DS, I would say no. I, personally, would do MVMCP once and then make sure I was going to those other areas as well, particularly WL, GF, EP and DHS. The holiday decor at DHS blows MK out of the water, IMHO.

My husband and I go every December and we've done the part twice simply because the crowds are better in terms of rides and you get special characters, which is really fun. The biggest plus for us is just the happy atmosphere and everyone is just really happy and having a great time. I know we do!

I've only done the party once but we were sad we didn't book two parties for that trip. We loved it! If I go back to WDW at Christmas I'll definitely budget for 2 parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter