MVMCP will we be disappointed if MNSSHP fans?

tb1972

DVC since 2012
So we have an opportunity to attend a MVMCP in November. For the first time during our annual Nov. trip, there's a set party date. We love MNSSHP and are contemplating buying tickets for MVMCP. I've read mixed reviews. For those who've attended both, what are your thoughts?

They are different but both fun. I used to like MVMCP more than MNSSHP back when it had the Night before Christmas stage show. Now I might lean a tiny bit towards MNSSHP just because you have the added costume watching but we do something Christmas themed for MVMCP too. You still have lots of characters, the same rides, good fireworks and cookies/drinks instead of trick or treating. Both parades have their highlights too. These days there's more similarities about the two than differences. Theme is the biggest thing.

They are different but both fun. I used to like MVMCP more than MNSSHP back when it had the Night before Christmas stage show. Now I might lean a tiny bit towards MNSSHP just because you have the added costume watching but we do something Christmas themed for MVMCP too. You still have lots of characters, the same rides, good fireworks and cookies/drinks instead of trick or treating. Both parades have their highlights too. These days there's more similarities about the two than differences. Theme is the biggest thing.
I used to love the Night Before Christmas show. I'd forgotten all about it. Thanks for reminding me.

We like both parties. The Halloween party seems to have a bit more of a frenetic pace for our family (3 kids under 10)- trying to fit in all of the candy stops, rides with overlays, special characters or costumes and the parade. The Christmas party has a more relaxed vibe, we do the parade, cookie stops, a few rides and not too many characters. We wear Disney themed ugly Christmas sweaters or pajamas- lots of people wear holiday themed clothes to MVMCP now and that's part of the fun too. Watching the parade on Main Street with 'snow' falling one of my favorite things to do during the holidays.

Great thread, it's our first MVMCP this year, we've been to MNSSHP 4 different years and love it so was wondering how we'd compare the 2.

Thanks everyone. I think DD and I will attend MVMCP. We already have Disney ugly sweaters to wear! DS and DH are not as in to parties as we are!

I think MNSSHP is a better value. It is cheaper and you get a similar experience. A good parade. Add on CANDY!!! It is amazing, and fun, with how many adults dress up.
MVMCP is just different. Personally I love both, and tend to go to each every year, focusing a trip around each.
If I HAD to choose...dang, I cant. MVMCP MIGHT get the edge.

Love them both, I’m all about halloween:hmghost:

IMO MVMCP is totally different, chill vibe with a better parade. Not that I don’t enjoy the MNSSHP but it needs an upgrade IMO.

I think MNSSHP is a better value. It is cheaper and you get a similar experience. A good parade. Add on CANDY!!! It is amazing, and fun, with how many adults dress up.
MVMCP is just different. Personally I love both, and tend to go to each every year, focusing a trip around each.
If I HAD to choose...dang, I cant. MVMCP MIGHT get the edge.

You should have seen the bag of cookies and Dove chocolates we left with last year!!! Toward the time for the second Parade they were throwing hand fulls at us.

If you haven't done MVMCP, I would recommend it at least once. We went a couple of years ago and enjoyed it, but we decided it wasn't something we had to do every year. The parade and the fireworks were my favorite parts of the evening.

I did the Christmas party once, and it happened to be the last year they did the Night before Christmas stage show. I loved it. Without the show, next years' reviews were a bit blah. I haven't done it since, but I'm not usually at WDW when that party is offered. I have done 6 or 7 MNSSHP and I love it. Sometimes I go all out on a costume (like Queen of Hearts with hoops skirts so I couldn't ride any rides!) and sometimes I just stick some fancy ears on my head.

We've done both several times and thoroughly enjoyed both. I don't think you can go wrong with either, honestly. Last trip, we knocked out all of Magic Kingdom in one evening due to the short lines after the parade and hit as many locations for cookies and hot chocolate as we could stand. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!