My 40th birthday trip report - Day 4, 5 & 6

firefly87

Mouseketeer
Day 4, Tues. March 24, 2009
We closed the park the night before so all 11 of us were a little slow moving in the morning. I can't remember what time we did get into DL but I can assure you, it wasn't early!!! We drove to the parking garage again and rode the tram to DTD. We felt like we'd done Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, so off to the other side of the park.

First thing, we went and got FP's for Splash. We then headed over to Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad. (we tried doing it another day but it broke down while we were in line) We all got on and rode, then went over to the Haunted Mansion. For whatever reason, the sign said it was a 5 min wait! Yeah, not so much......it was more like 20 mins, which was still not bad for as crowded as the park already was. After the HM, we went over to Critter Country and ate our lunch upstairs at the Hungry Bear Cafe. After lunch, the kids had fun throwing food to the ducks.

Then we did Splash, went on the Pooh ride, waited in line to see Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. After that, we went over to Tom Sawyer Island to see all the new pirate stuff. Pretty cool! I liked the new additions.......before it seemed like there wasn't much there. We wanted to do the canoes but they were not operating.

By now, we're pretty hot & tired. So we decide to ride the Disneyland Railroad from New Orleans Square over to Main St. So we got in line (with like 400 other people :scared1:). My parents decided to walk up front with the strollers and would meet us there. We had to wait for 3 trains before we could get on!!! They would only allow like 5 mins to load the trains whether or not seats were filled. So that was kind of discouraging. The kids were hot & crabby & picking at each other. My parents waited up front for us for at least 1/2 hour. We definitely could have walked up front faster!!! So we finally got up front and my parents are watching the flag ceremony at the end of the day. I thought we were leaving but noooooo, Dad insisted we stay for the whole little ceremony. Which was fine really, it was nice to watch, but by now, I'm tired and cranky and in the need of a Diet Pepsi! :rolleyes:

So we head back to the house, make dinner, and then we drove back to try and finish up a couple rides that we still had not done (Matterhorn and the Castle walk-through).

When we got back to DL, we went straight to the Matterhorn. The line was super long (again) so we decided to do the Castle walk-through before it was closed due to the fireworks. Well......too late for us, it was already closed. Sooooo, back to the Matterhorn line! It actually moved pretty fast so that was good. We all got on the ride and just at the very end when you see the 2nd abominal snowman, my hat flew off! It was a white one with a Mickey made out of sequins that DH got me for my birthday. So I told a CM that it came off, she said they would probably find it when they walked through after the ride was shut down and to check City Hall.

After Matterhorn, we walked over to Pirates to ride for the 3rd time. This was the only ride we got to do multiples of and DH and I decided that if you don't do Pirates at least once a day, it's just plain rude & disrespectful to Capt. Jack! :rotfl:

After Pirates, we went over to Indy. One of our group knew someone who was a CM at Indy, so went over to say hi. The CM took them through an elevator and popped them out at the front of the line! They were all thrilled with that!!!! (I did not go, I stayed back with my dad and nephew)

While we waited for them on Indy, the fireworks started so I walked over by Rivers of America and watched them for a few minutes. Great view from there and you can hear the music!

Since we had closed the park the night before, we decided we needed to split ASAP to beat the crowds out of the park and get home at a decent hour to get the kids to bed!

Day 5, Wed., March 25, 2009
Today we got to the park at opening and was in Fantasyland by 9:15 am! We debated on doing Peter Pan or heading to Toon Town for pics with Mickey & Minnie. Decided to head to Toon Town......found out that Toon Town opens an hour later (which I looked all over and no where could I find that info the night before). So back to Peter Pan and Mr. Toad and rode both of those. Mr. Toad was a 10 minute wait, Peter Pan was about 30 mins. Finally did the Castle walk-through and then it was time for Toon Town to open.

Went straight to Minnie's house (shorter line), got pics & autographs with her. Went to Mickey's house because by then all the people standing outside in line had gone inside so from outside the house, it appears to be no line! Very deceiving! I forgot how many rooms you go through there! We were in line for about 40 mins there but we did get pics & autographs. Left there and rode Gadget's Go-Coaster, started to do Roger Rabbit, but decided to get out of there instead.

We walked back into FL and headed to the Village Haus patio area to eat lunch. The kids all ate their PB&J's.....the adults went in to order food. Now here's the thing........2 days before we tried for 12 hours to hook up with family there. So of course the person you DON'T want to run into is sitting in the patio area too! (long story short.....have a family member who is not on good terms with me and currently is living in another state. THAT'S who was sitting there) Our group ends up talking and we all act like we're long lost best friends. :eek:

By now, we're feeling like we've done what we could at DL but still wanted to get back to DCA to finish up there. So we head on over.......but not before I run back to Critter Country to get some Tigger Tails to bring home. The rest of the group does Tiki Room and then heads to the front gate.

My mom goes to City Hall to stand in line about my lost hat. I find her just as she is inside the door, so I take her place in line. The CM I talked to said that they only keep lost stuff there the day it's lost, after that you have to go to Lost & Found over to the left of the "C" in California outside the gates. So.......off to Lost & Found I go. I talk to a very nice older man there who tells me I have a phone call. He dialed up a recorded message of Goofy singing Happy Birthday to me! Such a sweet guy! He did find my hat too but it's a bit dirty and greasy. I'll have to see if I can clean it. Also, note to self.......because that place is hidden, no one is ever at that Guest Services area!!!!!!!

We get to DCA and immediately get FP's for GRR. FP return time was like 3 pm. So we let the kids run around at the Redwood Creek area and they got nice & hot. So we went to the Studio Backlot area and did Turtle Talk with Crush (again). Then DS and I did the Animation Studio and the rest of the group did Muppets. We learned how to draw Piglet! By now it's time for GRR FP's. So we head over and the FP return line is at least 45 mins long!!!! So, needless to say, we never did do GRR.

Instead we went into GC and got a snack at Whitewater Snacks so we could decide what our next plan of attack was. We decided that we would cancel our PS for the Lilo & Stitch character meal :sad1: for the next morning so we could come back to DCA and finish up. After our snack, we went to DTD and shopped in World of Disney.

We went back to the house, ate leftovers and started to pack up our stuff!!! We leave the next day. :sad1:

Last day, Day 6, Thurs. March 26, 2009
We get up and get moving and pack the car! Lord have mercy, I am so glad we drove and didn't fly! I don't know how we ended up with so much more stuff coming home!!! We're out of the house by about 9:45 am. We drove back to DTD and walk in to DCA through the GC hotel entrance. We are there for rope drop and truck on over to Toy Store Mania (along with 400 other people!). While we headed there, my mom went to Soaring to get us all FP's. One of our tickets did not get scanned at the gate so she could not get a FP and had to go back to the gate to figure out which one it was. She went back to Soaring and the FP maching was still spitting out the tickets that said you couldn't get a FP. So she took it and shoved it in the pile of 11 and hoped we'd get through (which we did).

Finally get on TSMM (about a 30 min wait).......what a fun ride!!!! I rode with DS and he was beating me the whole ride and then at the very end, I came back and whipped his tail! :banana: We would have loved to do that one again but when we got off the ride, it was a 45 min wait.

Went over to Soaring, stopped by the Tortilla Factory and got my free dozen of tortillas, got onto to Soaring and then it was time for us to hit the road. On the way out, I had to exchange a couple shirts at World of Disney. We went and got gas, got some Subway sandwiches and were on the road by 12:50 pm.

We didn't stop at all and were home by 5:30 pm. And THAT my friends is my trip report! :)

It does sound like an interesting trip.....running into the relative....funny!!! I'm glad they found your hat....too bad it got dirty!! But at least you got on the Matterhorn :rotfl:
Even with the crowds, you got a lot accomplished! We went last year during spring break & Easter....so I know what the crowds can do to you.
I'm still chuckling about the relative bit..... :rotfl2: Isn't it amazing how Disneyland can make everyone forgot about real life.....it IS the happiest place on earth!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter