My 4yr old Son's Birthday & Haircut Experience at Disney!!

MyBoysMommy

Mouseketeer
We got up there around 10am on Friday morning which was my son's actual birthday (4yrs old)! The first thing we did was head over to the barber shop for his "Mickey Haircut". There were only 2 other people waiting so we got lucky. Right when my son got up into the chair, the barbershop quartet walked in! The hairdresser told them that it was my son's birthday. They sang "Happy Birthday" to him and put a special mickey cape on him and huge scissors for photo ops. They then sang 3 more songs for him.

He got his hair cut, spiked, painted green and mickey confetti sprinkled all over! He looked so cute!! After we left there, we went over and got his birthday button from City Hall. He's kind of shy and didn't want to get his birthday greeting from Goofy on the phone:( .

We went and rode some rides. There were 11 of us all together so finding stuff we all wanted to do was kind of a pain, but it worked out. Around 2:15 we decided to go find seats for the parade. Right before the parade started, a cast member pulled Nevin out into the street and made everybody sing "Happy Birthday" to him. I'm surprised he went with her because he is going through that shy stage...but he loved it!

After the parade, we did a few more things in the park and then headed over to Chef Mickey's for our 5:30 reservations. Dinner was awesome!! The characters paid a ton of attention to the birthday boy and Minnie Mouse came over when it was time to do the cake.

He had a GREAT birthday in the park!

The next day, he wanted to wear his button again. I told him he could. It was his birthday weekend after all. Tigger and the cast member accompanying him at Animal Kingdom led everybody in singing "Happy Birthday" to him yet again. Later on in the food court at Pop Century, the cast member gave him a free HUGE cookie and 3 scoops of chocolate and 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream for the price of 1. He happily shared with his brother and cousins.

That night, hubby and I got to go to Epcot by ourselves for the first time since pre-kids days. We ate in Japan and had a nice evening.

On Sunday, we spent the morning in MGM. While waiting for Playhouse Disney, my younger son who is 15 months old, stood by himself for the first time and took a few steps while only hold onto one of my hands. He has some muscle tone problems in one of his legs, so this was a HUGE deal for us!!

We got home Sunday night. We were all exhausted but had a wonderful weekend, with the exception of some major problems with check in which I posted on another thread....

Sounds like you had a great time. I'd love to go sometime for my son's birthday (or even my own!). They grow up so fast, don't they?

Oh well...

Thanks for the note.
~Linda

What a great experience for you all! My DS is going to turn 4 on August 31, and we're hoping to do his first "real" (non-Mommy) haircut at MK.

Thanks for sharing.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter