My 9 yr old wrote a WDW guidebook!

ajwomic

Mouseketeer
My son had to write a paper for his permanent record and he chose to write about Didney. I read it an it was soo funny! He had a chapter for each park detailing the rides and a chapter on fastpasses and parent swaps and finally a paragraph on the restaurants with his recommendations! The best part,he was dead on! He is definitely a future diser! I may have to type it and share!
Alicia

How great! When will this be published?:goodvibes I think you could find a few readers here!:thumbsup2

That is so wonderful! I am sure he really enjoyed writing it. It's funny how we rub off on our children. My son's first word he learned to spell was "DISNEY". His preschool teacher really got a kick out of him writing it everywhere at center time.

Here it is...words are all his...:)

Your Travel Guide to Disney World

Animal Kingdom is the park where you will find kali River Rapids. It is a fast, adventurous ride you like where you ride rapids and get soaked. The line is long, so try to get a fastpass. Next up is Expedition Everest, a ride where you are exploring the Himalayas then the track breaks and at breakneck speed, you sail into the yeti’s sacred territory. Next we have Dinosaur, a ride where you are taken back tp prehistoric times and have a frightening adventure with dinosaurs and are brought back when the meteor crashes into Earth. There are many playgrounds and exhibits such as the man on stilts that is covered in a vine.
Next is Hollywood Studios where you will see the Tower of Terror where you are in an elevator when the elevator is struck by lightning and becomes cursed. Also there is Rockin’ Rollercoaster. It is the only loop-de-loop at Disney. It is a tour of a rock and roll band that goes out of control.
Also there is Epcot. It had a ride called Test Track. It is a 64 mph ride where you are the dummies testing a car. You pass through a hot room, cold room, steam room and the speed room all in your convertible. You also need to obtain a fastpass here. Epcot also has Soarin’ countries and water.
Last is Magic Kingdom. There is Splash Mountain, a ride where you get wet and Thunder Moountain Railroad that you must ride. Next is Space Mountain where you will look up and see the rollercoaster on a clear track. Next is Dumbo where you ride elephants. Last is breakfast at Crysatal Palace with Pooh and Eeyore where the food is always awesome.
Next I will explain fastpasses. The Fastpass is a machine where you put in a ticket and you get a ticket to get in the fast line for the ride. But you have to wait until the time on the fastpass.
There are restaurants that are great! Breakfast at Crystal Palace,, the scrumptious African restaurant, Boma, a Hawaiian restaurant, O’hana, and Asian restaurant, a French restaurant and one from England. There are many more but these are the yummy ones. At Downtown Disney there is a chocolate shop and a lego store (my favorite.) Don’t forget to stay out of the heat.
Sincerely, Jake

Very nicely done. Tell Jake my husband and I now have a better idea of what to expect on our first trip.

...Test Track. It is a 64 mph ride where you are the dummies testing a car.

I laughed out loud at this sentence!

This kid has a bright future as a writer. Encourage him! His grammar and sentence structure are very advanced for a 9yo, and his vocabulary is pretty impressive, too.

He writes as well or better than many adults I've seen write here on the boards. Including, sometimes, myself.

Oh that was just wonderful! I'm so glad you shared it! :thumbsup2

What a great accomplishment for your son!

This type of thread is a better fit over on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

Very descriptive! I really enjoyed it. I need to let my DGS read it before we go to WDW. We'll be in WDW for DGS 8th BDay. He enjoys writing, and this may encourage him to maybe write a trip report of his own!:goodvibes

Thanks for the kind words! I thought is was funny b/c most kids wrote a story about what they did this sumer and to think to do a guidebook was cool!
Alicia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter