A little ditty 2 keep ya n the mood :goodvibes
-(my day 8 in Philly) -

27021805_10211173461431999_3809955481390637610_o.jpg

27021805_10211173461431999_3809955481390637610_o.jpg

(loved playing putt-putt golf.... Ben Franklin Square.... though the people working there thought I was crazy for walking all the way from there to Genos; Sept '09....):goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:
Of course, while on this adventure
ya cant ferget about Colonial Williamsburg:love:
(My Day 4)

and -
31655390_10211906366514168_5919544989313925120_o.jpg

ANYWHO -
s-l275.jpg

so I saw this also on Ebay (of the White house) and well.....
dang it....
I am now adding it to my Bicentennial train/Legos/Hot Wheels:confused3
kind of a model train layout I am collecting and plan on putting it all together come the Fall.

Gonna see what works and what doesn't as this will be my very first working train layout

s-l1600.jpg
-
pics I promise u will c in my DCL blog listed below n my signature.:goodvibes

and.....
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I can take a tour of the White House......
Even willing to eat the cost of the admissions ticket to see that Wax Museum and the Spy Museum just to be able to marvel at one of our Nations centerpieces of Democracy.

- THE PEOPLE'S HOUSE -

Will keep all of ya n tune on this one on how it works out.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
and of course, while n Philly.....
20423908_10209897034842132_3521312385267013548_o.jpg

20423908_10209897034842132_3521312385267013548_o.jpg

(what can i say? Bill loves to weasel his way n2 may of the pics I take):laughing:

So -
be on the lookout for me to check out one of these three places....

or.....

Which one you ask??:confused3

STAY TUNED -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave:

Last edited:
SO UNTIL NEXT TIME....... trivia question of the day:
20785899_10210053061022689_8498863576239272899_o.jpg

and -
22218288_10210389220986478_1161419213924600113_o.jpg

220px-Changing_of_the_Guard%2C_Arlington_National_Cemetery.jpg

and -
20819318_10210053061062690_2144936839959048250_o.jpg

20785899_10210053061022689_8498863576239272899_o.jpg

-PAXP-deijE.gif

HOW MANY steps does the Soldier take before they stop & turn

guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier??:confused3
(the question was actually a "Final Jeopardy" tv question a few years ago)

and with that, gonna take a break for a while but I promise 2b back n a few weeks -:goodvibes
2,352 MORE HOURS UNTIL THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS **popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

EDITORS NOTE:
I am choosing to post this to see if anyone inside the Beltway is kind enough to read this and offer me an email reply of some sorts......-

Good morning one and all -:goodvibes

Now I know this is a rather tall order but I am from Texas and down here, well - we dream big.
And that's what I have on my mind for the pm of Friday September 7th
as I have a desire to take a tour of the White House.

- please -

And in a dream world, I feel that I can make a bee line from my Hotel to you say by 12:30-12:45pm ish and 1pm by the very latest.......
Should that be cutting it too dang close, then perhaps a tour of the Supreme Court enstead??

I have initially contacted my local Representative(s)......
email requests/ various Social Media requests has gone unanswered.

So I have turned towards others for help.
Now I turn towards you for assistance as well.

Will you help me make this dream become a reality??:wizard:

You know who you are -
Yes, I have given you my email address in my voice mail /Social media contact.....

Would be nice if you would reply -

"People's House" or take a tour of the National Portrait Gallery in lieu of......
or perhaps a different tour you would suggest.

in a Dream World,
Would love to take a tour of the White House......
as yes, I will be taking a rather extenive tour of the Capitol building the am of the next day.

in short, your kind email reply would be greatly appreciated.:littleangel: and to to one nice person kind enough to reply, ya got the time - I got a slice of yer fav pie and beverage just a waiting for ya at Ebbits that evening - my way of saying :thanks:.

I am curiously getting frustrated over this silly impasse and your help would be greatly appreciated
as I have contacted approximately 7 of you inside the Beltway and your silence is quite deafening. So, this is why I am turning towards this rather unique way of communicating in hopes of being successful in reaching one of you. And should the answer be how "on is spelled backwards, then possibly having a quick opportunity to meeting one of you on the am of the 8th would just make my day if not the whole vacation (I will be part of a Viator.com 8:30am tour of the Capitol Building, etc).

thanks for atleast listening!
31793421_10211917845121126_3448505082490912768_o.jpg

(pic shot while at Gaylord Texan Hotel; DFW Airport Dec 2016):goodvibes

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.......
as It will either b cya n a few weeks or days depending on how this posting goes and if i'm lucky enough to get a reply.......

p.s.s. Just checked my emails and.....
got a reply from the Post Office via Ebay -

Guess what just arrived in the mail this am?
s-l275.jpg

T.T.F.N.
& CHEERS Y'ALL:littleangel:

Last edited:
You can now add this entity......

wh.gov-share-img_03.png

....... onto the names of 8.......count them......EIGHT people and or organizations that I have sent requests out to in hopes of being granted permission to take a self guided tour of the East Wing.

QUICK! QUE THE JEOPARDY MUSIC!;)

Still keeping me fingers and toes crossed that someone.....
anyone...............
up there inside the Beltway will hear me and decide to answer my kind request.

So, while we are still in a holding pattern, why not dream a bit and envision visiting this section of the "Peoples House"....
(i just got a "ah ha moment......never knew West Wing is decorated after 1940's like decor, never knew the Press room was a former swimming pool, never knew about the FDR ramp as well) ---- pretty cool to now know this)::yes::

Alllllllrighteee now.....
I'm off for some much needed margaritas break......:drinking1
19905198_10209778170230591_4319031901650740634_n.jpg

........while I'm watching this movie:goodvibes

Will pop n as things develop.....popcorn::

STAY TUNED -

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Enjoying all things “Margaritaville “....:drinking1
Long overdue -

But.....
Will b calling the office of “x” to see what is the status of my request ie- tour of the East wing of the White House , etc ....

Am curious 2c if I’m doing something wrong , how long does it usually take to process a request , etc .....

Wish me luck n trying to find anyone available and willing to listen -

Positive vibes - I’m still feeling good about this ....

P.s.s. GO CAPS!!party:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

Now I see how Woodward and Bernstein felt all those years ago....:magnify:
Seriously -

From just this morning :
1) WH switchboard operator rude .....:crazy2:

2)Office of “x” very robotic and not listening nor hearing......:rolleyes1

3) office of “y” ? Listening but can’t help because, “You must speak with person “a” ....and they are not in. Would you like their email address?”:confused3

4) Office of “c”???? VOICE MAIL.:mad:

Finally ...... I got pointed back where I started in the first place.....and

5) that’s where we presently sit...
At the offices of “k”

.I was told to email “person ‘d’”)..... psstt!!! I already did this about 7 days ago and was met with the sounds of crickets from her so....)-

Reply - she was out -

Hmmmm...... possibly and mabey she’s the one who can get me into “the promised land”....:littleangel:

So to Ms “M.P.”......
:thanks: for reading this and hope to hear from you soon.

—————

To all others ... I am laughing and crying over all this on what I perceive to be a very easy request . I literally feel like giving up but then again, my head wins out as I plan on trudging forward on this .......now give me my margaritas as I sit back out in the backyard with Ladybug watching a classic tv show that best symbolizes the absurdity of being inside the Beltway: “D.C. Follies “ starring Fred Willard .
DC_Follies.jpg

I mean , little am I realizing that it takes an act of Congress to be heard up there and that to me is quite sad. These people should 1) be assessable and 2) it’s the People’s House for crying out loud .

Stay tuned as I vow not to give up-popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Riddle F-i-N-a-L-l-Y solved -:woohoo:

So was told at the Office of “K” that my contact
Ms “M.P.” Was away on vacation ....these past 7-10 days; hence the reason for the delay.

I was told by her via email tho that we can begin getting me “ n2 the promised land “ Monday....

It’s just we have to alert ....shall we say her “Supervisor’s Supervisor” .... as I am asking for a pm tour due to time constraints....

I feel this is do able and i hope he / his office agrees as well.

Cross yer fingers Folks - we finally moved
This easy quest forwrd one notch .party:

I will reveal this about my experiences to date on this issue -

1)it’s a tough crowd up there as they will
Not imho talk with you over the phone .. only by email.

2) make your emails brief and to the point

3) be persistent - don’t give up.:goodvibes

Anywho -
I am perceiving the process will begin Monday or tues next week w background
Check on me being ran etc ....

So my best guess is my pre-day will consist of :

1) tour of White House.
2) Spy museum OR Madame Tussaud’s wax museum (I’m gonna try and do both ). But if I have to eat the cost of admissions tickets so I can do tour of WH, then so be it.

Then -
Mosey on over to Ebbits for some much needed grub and adult beverages.

I’ve even tilted a few people n my direction for a piece of their fav pie and drink at the What I call Ebbits
34984748_10212146123387940_3762362716749037568_o.jpg

“stuffed animal head room.” (The bar)... on me .
34758964_10212146122667922_5065608433198170112_o.jpg

(very beautiful woodwork):goodvibes

- my way of saying thank you for helping me as yes I am aware of the gifting rule -

"Generally, a Member or employee of Congress may accept a gift only if it is unsolicited and the: • Gift is valued at less than $50; • Aggregate value of gifts from one source in a calendar year is less than $100, though no gifts with a value below $10 count toward the $100 annual limit".....;

and I can assure you all who are reading this, I will make for dang sure its unsoliciated!

Contingent upon of course if they want to welcome a Texan up into the Beltway for a short while as I just want to unwind over a nice meal , drink , people watch and should “ you know who you are” they show , Great - if not or if they r concerned about any gifting issues no worries as I will be then b gearing up for a busy next day touring the Capitol building, etc.

That reminds me , remind me to tell you the story on how I met a Lobbyist from Aetna 9years ago while at Ebbits .....all in good fun so no worries as she too is a DISney fan.

Key lime pie and Rita’s at Ebbits = yum !!
Now about next week....

Get a feeling I’m going to have to get n contact w her due to time constraints etc ...so still - keep yer fingers crossed she doesn’t forget about me-

Will pop in as things develop —
Feeling positive-

34408933_10212127555083744_4739453586017091584_n.jpg

Oh the rated G things I get n2 when I visit the Mid Atlantic area.......;)popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
HAPPY AS A CLAM CUZ.................popcorn::

Look what came in the mail late last night!!:woohoo:

Time for fire up ....
wait -

-WORK -:faint:
I've got a very very very VERY busy weekend coming up with
rattlesnake-400-ppg_458x350.png

.....and we are sold out all weekend long.:crazy2:

So...... lets rewind the tape shall we?:confused3

That's I planning or "having fun or Bust" come Monday AND Tuesday of next week firing up the Margarita machine:drinking1
and throwing some bratwurts on the grill with some jazz music on the background while Ladybugpaw: does her best to keep dem pesky squirrels in check......

kinda like how dem Caps did against the Golden Knights -::yes::

and then slowly have fun putting together the Lego White House (one of the centerpieces I am putting together to my Tyco HO scale Bicentennial model train 'city')

ANYWHO -
:yay:So HOPEFULLY I will have some good news to say come early next week about being officially underway in regards to seeing the East Wing of the White House......

Should I see any issues, then it wasn't meant to be and I will move on as I for dang sure want no adverse action to come down on me ("by accident";))-

-all over such an easy request that anyone should be able to handle and process in a timely fashion.
Positive thoughts here .... positive thoughts-

So
Until early next week -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:crazy2:Some books I am reading gearing up for this adventure -
51CeIcSPSWL._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

which got turned n2 a movie -

Here's his official picture.....
34934430_10212166325652984_5605396864942735360_o.jpg

and thankfully, here is his subsequent picture as if I remember right, he is in the Supermax prison in Colorado -
35026465_10212166362733911_4330274212095721472_n.jpg

Also, how about this one?
QYjaHz6jSZkPzhLbEoZSJaYbVrisuPVe6qiN5H9R4mj94tUmq_el7K8bRc0p0ATdxp3qiDkrQ9Cv3g=s200-rw

Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World's Stolen Treasures

and with that, about to call "M.P." n a few more hours in hopes of getting this WH tour thing off the ground -

WISH ME LUCK -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Due to... shall we say an uneasy gut feeling from this am phone calls as I feel the person I spoke with imho never really understood my request as I exited the calls to her feeling very very very underwhelmed and jittery that she’s not going to successfully make my request known ......moreover, I get a strange feeling she felt inconvienced.:scratchin

So I’ve chosen to enlist the outside aid of a person whom I choose to refer to as “Tinker-belle” ........
19029493_10209486162290575_1420576810652668214_n.jpg

34963034_10212184572709149_585226016050380800_o.jpg

(this is the best description I have of her even though I haven't yet met her in person);)

........on my easy request to see the East Wing of the WH on September 7-
And to her alone I express a much deserved THANK YOU for taking the time fielding my call this am and hearing my total frustration over feeling totally dejected as if no one cares about me nor this easy concept -

A concept of taking a tour of the White House...

You deserve a pat on the back from your Boss -

And because of your kindness and empathy, I promise to not give up-

Hope to hear back from you or your source soon -

Again - thank you .....

All right Folks —- can’t do a whole lot for now-

I mean, gheesh la wheez Washington DC....what does a guy gotta do ta get a lousy cup of Joe around here ??

Stay tuned as I feel we just now entered......The Twilight Zone-:eek:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:scared1:

Last edited:
New day -:goodvibes
New attitude....

Moving forward and whatever magic:tinker:
can muster up will materialize in a few more weeks.
Keeping the magic alive is my motto....

And
:thanks:all who pm’d me on FB offering me words of encouragement-

Anywho -
Got a few more updates I will drop n a few more days-

Until then -popcorn::
thought i would drop in a little giggle as I think we could all use one right about now -

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
UPDATES & MORE UPDATES......................:magnify:

With my am of Day 7 in Gettysburg (we will have an approx 2.5 / 3 hr tour of the national Park) and then pm in Colonial Philly, I thought of something just a wee bit zany but yup, its confirmed.......
i thought of cabbing it on over to Pats but actually?
** RAN OUTTA TIME **:rolleyes1

So, I thought why not try this place??:goodvibes
(and as luck wud have it, its only 2-3 blocks away from our Hotel)

and
I'm gonna have a quiet little celebration of sorts on over at Mr. Jims and grab a cheesesteak.....:woohoo:
at 10pm::yes::

That's
after we have our going away dinner at 7pm.....
from 7-9pm.:goodvibes

I mean why not????:confused3 I want a philly cheesesteak and what better way before its gets crazy the next day with us spending half day in Colonial Philly and then on wards to the Airport and back to my home country:

** REALITY LAND **:sad:

Also, I'm currently looking to replace my old worn out black colored luggage for this adventure so be on the lookout for Yours Truely to FINALLY updating his luggage as well.

ANYWHO -
and yes, I do have a few positive things to say about the previous 2 to three postings but I thought I would let the silliness of it to die down a wee bit b4 I shall we say , "Spill the Beans."

2,040 MORE HOURS UNTIL THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS **popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
one of the many many reasons why I am going on this adventure -
(will be a first time visitor to the place on my DAY 5)

Yes, I realize this adventure can be "Information overload" if ya don't watch out but I promise to pace myself......

and at the same time ask questions when & where I can as I anticipate having a lot of "Ah Ha" moments while immersing myself in all things US history.:goodvibes

UNTIL NEXT TIME -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
OK.....pardon for thinking out loud here...:scratchin

I never knew that at one time those Easter Eggs were actually real eggs.....:upsidedow
And
Moreover, I thought they ones they used were those plastic ones we all got as kids -

ya know the ones that have two halves that you can put candy in
and
then a fix them back together as one egg
before you go off and hide it for kids to find....:goodvibes

- WOW -
HMMMM.....:scratchin
Ok
I'm getting ideas........

see -
this is what I get for scrounging around and having fun learning more about US Presidential trivia....

Q: What does the "S" stand for in Harry S "you know who?"
Q; Whats the most popular first name of the US President??

ok......so yes, not denying I have been buying A LOT of stuff for my home in preperation for week of Halloween when its gets re-decorated.......:woohoo:

Now I can see I need to go on Ebay and look for some DC things to add to my collection of things to shadow box(y) if you will from this upcoming adventure.

Will keep ya in tune of this one cuz this really has my attention -
and i can tell that up to three of dem little buggers will be following me home off of Ebay in the next few weeks -
cuz those Easter eggs look imo like US Presdential pinback buttons, playing cards,etc.....
.....neat, whimsical and looks like a neat thing to have to put out on display.::yes::
cab332e5c53f8c96881c0ee0e48852a6

1,992 MORE HOURS UNTIL THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS **popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
I remember someone YEARS ago doing an old persons study and his what....
case study told him a story about when he was a kid, the town crier ran into their what....
their place of gathering (starts with a CHU***) to say that McKinley was shot.......

There is a lot more to that story but I am being very mind full of how I say what I say on this topic via this website as to also be respectful to all. Rest assured the intent behind my friends friends study was to showcase how the State of Texas was back then ......

and
just by accident, i ran across this -:goodvibes
(from the Titanic sinking witnesses to this)....

Yes, IMO its fun seeing who we are and how we have become whom we have become as a Nation.:goodvibes
Until next time -

P.S.S. still working on my WH Easter eggs...... I torn between the color blue OR green.... but still tempted to get one blue, green and ????????:confused3
Details coming up n a few weeks I promise.

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Now...... about the wacky, strange but fun world of Legos -:crazy2:
35671522_10212223002869879_2248563104856145920_n.jpg

that's wacky world of Legos....
35720429_10212223002709875_5335464359437008896_n.jpg

"....IN MY OPINION":rolleyes1

Slow progress is being made -
35720429_10212223002709875_5335464359437008896_n.jpg

Here is what I have so far......
35486505_10212223002469869_8561181559774773248_n.jpg

(Roof not done and some of the insides not done, sides of the roof not done......)

and whats crazy to me about any instruction manual with any Legos you buy , to me it says to place "X" shaped Lego here and so forth.....

RIGHT??pixiedust:
Well, actually the Lego manuals are IMHO always off by one of those base dots .....
which drives me crazy!!

And over a period of time, I always catch this error happening as it just throws off what I am trying to do until I finally catch it.....

But I catch the error
in a fun way as I choose to look at it as an adventure -
just makes the art of building things out of Legos that much more "funner.":yay:
and
for just a little under 600 pieces, this little Bugger is quite quaint and will DEF go into the Centerpiece of my Tyco Ho scale model train /Hotwheels/ Legos town I am slowly building and will be up by December......
:goodvibes -(I even bought highway signs, street signs, street lights, etc) -:goodvibes

Pics I promise u will c on my DCL travel blog listed below as time progresses.

ANYWHO -
I've got to buy some new Luggage -party:
I cant believe there are so many choices to buying luggage......:confused:
Should I buy boring black colored luggage???

Or how about "MEH" blue colored luggage??:blush:

Or what about stepping out a little and getting this one?

676084757be01.jpg

Decision...... decisions......

But on a different note,
few weeks back
I've been initially approved for a Passport renewal........

and
need to get my rear end out and see "that movie"::yes::

1,872 MORE HOURS UNTIL THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS **popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:thumbsup2**** WOW****:thumbsup2

and.........:goodvibes

Until next time -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!