MY ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND PARIS, PARIS, MONTMARTE & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TR; APRIL 2023

knewton64

- May the luck of the Irish always be with you -
(AUGUST 2022)popcorn::
SHHH!!!!
Im keeping very quiet about this travel blog but......
this adventure has been rebooked for April 17th -

WISH ME LUCK!!
Seven Years in the making.......................... SERIOUSLY!
just look at the original date of this posting and you will see -
So
with that,
Hello everyone, my name is Kris..... and well ---
1659939919060.png
:blush:that's me back right...... dang near peed my pants the very first time I experienced TOT but...............
................. that's just it - i love to travel and enjoy all whats out there so that i what has brought me full circle back to this "bucket list" adventure of mine.

ANYWHO -
**** OK, SO WHY PARIS??:confused3
24991427_10210824891957980_2903645209146652490_n.jpg
24991427_10210824891957980_2903645209146652490_n.jpg

Well......
To answer that question, she has been on my "Bucket List" for quiet a long time and I'm curious about the sights, sounds and food as well as the wine -
Also,
to be blunt because I am soooooooo ooovvvveeerrrr this COVID 19 silliness and I am soooooooooooooooooooooo ready to get back to leisure travel.party:
Im just sooooo tired of going through all thus Covid hoop jumping just to do any leisure travel
AND
im just soooo over well..... fair to say I've got "Covid Fatigue" and am just ready to well.... LIVE MY LIFE.:woohoo:!!

So welcome aboard one and all as I slowly edit this travel blog back to where it needs to be -
Will pop back in every now and then to let ya know how things are going etc -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

"MY VERY 1ST TRIP 2 WDW / DISNEY WONDER" 01-07-09 to 01-15-09 (w/pics & video)www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062857
MY ADVENTURES by Disney "Spirit of America" Sept 2009 trip report ...
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201584 - Cached
MY "GETTING SPOOKED @ WDW" - MNSSHP TRIP REPORT; Oct 28th -Nov 4th 2010(w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0&referrerid=0
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203028&referrerid=0
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2625762&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2625762&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2686953&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2765761&referrerid=0
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2875727&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2875727&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112285&referrerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" TRIP REPORT; SEPT 2015 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112286&referrerid=208040
MY ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPRT; APRL '16
MY ADENTURES N SAN ANTONIO, BANDERA, STONEWALL TEXAS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPORT; NOV '16
http://www.disboards.com/posts/55360595/
MY ADVENTURES N NEW ORLEANS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPORT; NOV '17
http://www.disboards.com/posts/56498543/

MY ADVENTURES N AMERICAN HISTORY & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPORT; SEPT '18
https://www.disboards.com/posts/58044097/
MY ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS WITH DISNEY CRUISE LINE; OCT '19
MY ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND PARIS, PARIS, MONTMARTE & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TR; APRIL '23
http://www.disboards.com/posts/55844183/

Last edited:
**UPDATES & MORE UPDATES**
:goodvibes
(August 2022)

YYEEAA!!
Found a very nice Travel Agent named Angie Baycura:littleangel:
and
here is a rough idea of what I am trying to see while across the pond in Paris:

On Tuesday April 18th at 3:40pm.. I leave on Delta Airlines and get into CDG at 8am on Wednesday 19th so.....

Day ONE (Wedneday April 19th)
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour * (gives me a chance to see the City and get adjusted to where things are)
then

Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Gourmet Dinner & Sightseeing Cruise @8:30pm​

DAY TWO (Thursday April 20th)

CONFIRMED

Louvre Museum Paris - Exclusive Guided Tour (Reserved Entry Included!) @ 10am​

CONFIRMED

Eiffel Tower Skip the Line Guided Tour: 2nd Floor or SUMMIT with Lift

then

Saint Germain The Private Food Tasting Tour with a French Gastronomy Expert @4pm​

***------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY THREE (Friday April 21th)

Montmartre The Private Food Tasting Tour with a French Gastronomy Expert @10:30am​

then

Paris City night tour + Moulin Rouge show @ 7pm​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY FOUR: SATURDAY April 22st)

Normandy D-Day Small-Group Day Trip with Omaha Beach, Cemetery & Cider Tasting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 5 ( Sunday April 23)

BREAKFAST AT HOTEL THEN
DEPART FOR DISNEYLAND PARIS

..... haven't gotten there yet on what to see first while at DLP but hey.... thats where the planning comes in so stay tuned on that -:surfweb:

let the adventure begin !!party:
We are looking at a split stay with the first 4 days at the Le Meridian Etoile in Downtown Paris followed by 4 days at Sante Fe Hotel in Disneyland Paris.

More to come -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
(August 2022)
Ok.....:boat:

As I am slowly getting things together to hop across the pond
Some mood music to keep ya n the mood until next time ...just click on the video below -:smickey:

UPDATES:
1) Airfare has now been booked
1660388161538.png
(I redeemed my "Disney Dream Dollars" and had them applied to the cost of my airfare thus literally making the airfare comped):cool1:
- Also -
2) 4 days at Le Meridian Etoile Hotel now booked as well
1660293285016.png

(Yes, I love to fiddle with Legos out in my backyard)

So lookijng forward to this!! - Adventure LONG OVER DUE:yay:
Additional City add ons, DLP park tickets, meals at DLP via 1/2 board ......etc will be posted as they get secured.
n021473_2022sep07_world_remy-bistrot-culinary-meal_16-9_tcm1861-225979.jpg

Half-Board​

Enjoy breakfast at your hotel, followed by lunch or dinner in the restaurant of your choice.*
CYA N A FEW WEEKS
T.T.F.N.
&

Attachments

• 1659939090751.png
    1659939090751.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
(September 2022):yay:

Slowly getting there -
1659956793565.png
I'm slowly putting things now in my suitcase as yes, how I look forward to seeing what kinds of lanyard pins they have....

I'm also slowly looking at this as well :
https://www.verizon.com/plans/international/international-travel/travel-pass/

Will most DEF go INTO the store to have ANY changes done to my I-phone 16 Max etc so I DONT run n2 any issues.
haven't look at it in great detail but yes, at this point I'm leaning on the $100 International plan IMO cuz it appears to be easier more convient for me to use as I have been known to use ALOT of gigs while on vacation etc.......:surfweb:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

(September 2022) :woohoo:
:goodvibes**Never Been on this**:goodvibes

Got my "countdown clock" up and running -
and
1660292710297.png
and
cant forget yer Legos.....:goodvibes
1660292756520.png

Hmmmmmm.......
THANK YOU ANGIE!!.......

OK - TIME TO party:!!!!!!!

sO, yes!!
The game is now afoot -:earseek:
1660292885315.png

Wish me luck.:jumping1:
never been to DL Paris -
looking forward to it

Allrighteee ------

T.T.F.N.
&

Attachments

• 1660212894234.png
    1660212894234.png
    526 KB · Views: 4
  • 1660292568943.png
    1660292568943.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
(SEPT 2022):charac4:
So..... just what is it that I'm currently up to?
1660301539272.png

Well, I'm getting all caught up on my Avengers movies so I will know what I'm looking at when I head "off to Campus.";)
AND -
my best guess is that the DLP rooms portion of this adventure (at Sante Fe) will be booked in about 4-6 more weeks which is ok with me as it will give me time to buy Euros for my incidental money.

Until next time -
T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
JUST FOUND OUT SOME NEWS ABOUT MY PARIS / DLP ADVENTURE...... and it involves me "upgrading" my backyard putt putt skills while I'm on this adventure to...........
(read on for more info)
(Meet Ladybug)
We are getting there -
slow and steady but we are getting there ......

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

(SEPT 2022) :moped:
Getting interesting !!
1660544763539.png
Just found out DLP has not one not two but THREE 9-hole golf courses!!!
AND -
YOU CAN EVEN SIGN UP FOR LESSONS!!

HHmmmmm.......
Im emailing Angie to check n2 the possibility of me having lessons out there for 1/2 day then playing 9 hole on day three of my 4days while out at DLP.

Someone pinch me -

I'M GOIN TO BE PLAYING GOLF AT A DISNEY PARK!!!:goodvibes

cya n a few weeks -
T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
(SEPT 2022):genie:
(WELL..... THAT WAS SHORT LIVED!! **>:(

Angie replied back to "read the reviews" and well..... they are NOT GOOD -
also considering that DLP doesnt even OWN as of 2021 their own golf courses anymore!!
GO FIGURE!!>:(
Review of Golf Disneyland
Reviewed May 5, 2022
played this beautiful for the first time in three years, not so beautiful! They have let the course go to almost unrecognisable. Clover and daisies on the the approach to greens. None of the bunkers are playable, some with virtually no sand, solidified sand, grass growing in them and unraked for months it appeared. To charge 200 Euros for a pair was a disgrace. we have played the course numerous times in the past and it is now almost unrecognisable. No wonder Marriott/Disney has disassociated itself with the new management. A poor golf course.
Date of experience: May 2022
But she DID suggest have I tried out WDW's mini golf courses?:)
(a FB page I love to follow named "Brooks Holt")

So...... looks like give me 3-4 months and I am going to try,,,, try to see If we can get up off the ground a 7 day adventure n2 WDW for some Golf!

Until next time -

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
(SEPT 2022)
PPSSTT!!!!!:woohoo:
51863722_10213763040729863_429796964993859584_n.jpg

I'm quietly losing weight not only for this adventure but because well.... Im just plain tired of this Covid that / Covid this and just wanna get back to living my life.
So A LOT of this weight LOSS will be from these past 2.5 years of a ton of inactivity - including any leisure travel.
I'm down an inch of my waistline so far and it feels great!!

MORE TO COME -
T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Hi there! Hope you're finding the Disneyland Paris section of the boards useful. Are you planning your trip for April 2018?

(Late September 2022):smickey:
1663567204873.png

I'm now down 4 inches OFF my waist!!
54520825_10214023965652823_6619244691395182592_n.jpg
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
.... and feeling a WHOLE LOT BETTER!!!!!!

.....and give it about 5 more days and the DLP hotel side will be booked as well
(Hotel Sante Fe)

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Ok, So I see DINNER RESSIE that there is Silver Spur, Blue Lagoon......any additional suggestions????:confused3

You should try Bistro Chez Remy in the Studios as well it's fab and if you want to splash out a bit more I would go to Buffalo Bills Wild West show. If you have meal vouchers you can use these towards the cost of the show. I've written about the two of these in my trip report linked in my sig if you want to look :)

#3) What day of the week in early April should I go??:scratchin
I have always found weekdays are better but check when Easter is when you're going because if european schools are on Easter Holidays parks will be busy anyway

***YEA!! - PROGRESS!!**:surfweb:

(OCTOBER 2022)
HOTEL SANTE FEE NOW BOOKED!!
1664710310229.png

Now we chill out for a few weeks, continue to lose weight and before ya know it, it will be time to add the add ons for the Paris side of this as well as the DLP park tickets, dinner & breakfast ressies and such.....
main_900.jpg

(fantastic pic of the Eiffel Tower):thumbsup2:thumbsup2.... -

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
(OCTOBER 2022)

Ive figured out where I will be after this adventure **** :goodvibes
1663574328953.png

I WILL BE IN DISNEY JAPAN.... ONE YEARS AFTER THIS ONE!!:cool1:
Here is a little ditty to keep ya n the DISney mood until next time -popcorn::

AND......

(finished it... and then some):thumbsup2:thumbsup2

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
(OCTOBER 2022)

Well, If you cant tell - I've decided the heck with it and begin being celebrating that this adventure is now underway. And..... yes - I am making a run at dinner ressies very late in the day at Bistro Chez Remy or ????? -

-:woohoo:

And
while over in the Paris side of this -popcorn::
Going to take in a cabaret show or sorts.....
(lots of champagne will be served)

Got a few surprises I will be dropping on ya as we go along on this adventure as always remember my motto:

"WHAT HAPPENS ON VACATION STAYS ON THE INTERNET":laughing:
(that reminds me, I need to b sure and pack a wine bottle opener)........

TA TA POUR MAINTENANT
ET CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:
)OCTOBER 2022):smickey:
Dinner ressies will be booked in 6 weeks! I am chossing to opt in for this:

Extra Plus option​

Up to 33 restaurants
E1A9%20-%20DISNEY%20DELUXE%20DINING%20PLAN_tcm1861-226018.svg
Full board
Restaurant type:
✔ Restaurants with Disney Characters for 1 meal per stay
✔ Table service restaurants (with a dedicated Meal Plan menu)
✔ All-you-can-eat buffets
✔ Quick service restaurants

Includes:
✔ Soft drink at every meal
✔ 1 meal (lunch or dinner) on your last day in the restaurant of your choice

Your extra treats:
✔ Extra Plus Snack and Drink
✔ Extra Plus Drink

WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE:
* I HAVE NOW LOST 52 POUNDS!!*:wish55 A-N-D FASTLY APPROACHING NOW LOSING THREE PANST SIZES!!!!:thanks:

So until next time -

TA TA POUR MAINTENANT

Last edited:
Loving your excitement! It's lovely to see Paris through the eyes of an American, and hear how excited you are to visit what I see as my "home" park. You've got tons of time to plan and learn everything you need to know about DLP and France.

Loving your excitement! It's lovely to see Paris through the eyes of an American, and hear how excited you are to visit what I see as my "home" park. You've got tons of time to plan and learn everything you need to know about DLP and France.

(OCTOBER 2022)

:thanks:
A little something that Disney is up to across the pond -

ANYWHO -

- I am always inquisitive and love asking questions as I am a history nut and love to be totally immersed in what I am seeing. Also, from the food, wine, people watching you name it, really looking forward to this adventure -

and speaking of adventures.....
To gear up for Paris and well.... make a lifestyle change and eat healty, I have an objective in mind to look nice (weight wise) when I go so -

Well.....I finally did it!:scared1:
IVE DROPPED 5.6 iNCHES OFF MY WAISTLINE!!

Ok........I can do this....party:
I am already starting to feel a difference in my body and how its reacting to things butcha know, I am into this and will blog about my weight loss journey approx every 2-4 weeks

and with that -

TA TA POUR MAINTENANT

Last edited:
just a quick pop in to say

ANYONE ELSE losing weight for their upcoming adventure?

1673003587350.png

anywho -
having fun -

TA TA POUR I'NSTANT
&

Attachments

• 1673003536888.png
    1673003536888.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1673003565346.png
    1673003565346.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!