knewton64

- May the luck of the Irish always be with you -
:woohoo:'LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL"::yes::

Hello everyone!:wave2:
19023418_10209503900174011_5118989816084214155_o.jpg

(i'm the one back row; third one from the right) - i'm grabbing her left knee with my right hand......she's clawing on my shoulder, I was screaming like a Banshee on 2much beer....and loving every moment of TOT.....:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My name is Kris and well - welcome to my adventures n2 Cajun country; slated for very very late November - so ya never know, I just might see some other decorations in and aorund time during this time.:santa:

I've teamed up with GoCollette.com for this one with a few extras thrown in so hey - ya never know what I've got planned but that's all part of the fun.:love:

SO relax, kick back and enjoy for a bit while I boogy on back over to my San Antonio adventure for a while and see ya in a few more weeks.

oh and yes.....as an "extra bonus,":rotfl:
I will also be listing a short adventure of sorts in MAY '17.........
as I will be buying a new car then and celebrating by staying at The Great Wolf Lodge; Grapevine Texas!!

(wine tasting via Grapevine Winetours.com, movies at the local AMC, SPa retreat at the Hotel, food, margaritas, etc)....
party:

P.S.S.....below are some of my previos adventures I have been on -:love:
images

ENJOY -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

"MY VERY 1ST TRIP 2 WDW / DISNEY WONDER" 01-07-09 to 01-15-09 (w/pics & video)
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062857
MY ADVENTURES by Disney "Spirit of America" Sept 2009 trip report ...
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201584 - Cached
MY "GETTING SPOOKED @ WDW" - MNSSHP TRIP REPORT; Oct 28th -Nov 4th 2010(w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0&referrerid=0
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203028&referrerid=0
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2625762&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2625762&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2686953&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2765761&referrerid=0
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2875727&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2875727&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112285&referrerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" TRIP REPORT; SEPT 2015 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112286&referrerid=208040
MY ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPRT; APRL '16
MY ADENTURES N SAN ANTONIO, BANDERA, STONEWALL TEXAS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPORT; NOV '16
http://www.disboards.com/posts/55360595/
MY ADVENTURES N NEW ORLEANS & OTHER ASSOERTED SILLINES TRIP REPORT; NOV '17
http://www.disboards.com/posts/56498543/

MY ADVENTURES N AMERICAN HISTORY & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPORT; SEPT '18
https://www.disboards.com/posts/58044097/

Attachments

• 221.JPG
    221.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
**N JUST A LITTLE OVER 199 MORE DAYS.... **

and I will be owning / driving a new 2017 Honda Civic -:woohoo:
Been driving a 2007 Toyota Corolla CE ever since August 2006.....

Ya think its about time I uprgrade n2 a newer car??:rolleyes1
(countin' down the minutes.......):laughing:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
**HAPPY EARLY FREAKIN' HALLOWEEN EVERYONE**:scared1:

UP NEXT:
SO...... just what exactly am I up to on December 30th? (my birthday).:scratchin
and a few more tidbits on the week of May 5th -

The week I FINALLY have my new car. :goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
UPDATE & MORE UPDATES.... OH MY!:goodvibes

Been keeping the phone lines busy
these last few days getting a few things squared away in realtion to getting that new Honda Civic.:drive:

For starters, the car will be bought last day in March......
(FYI - it usually takes 30 days for the plates to come in)

Got that day off from Work.party:

Yes, I do have 3 nights 4 days at Great Wolfe Lodge Hotel (Grapevine, Texas) .......
in early May & I will be taking off from Work 2 days prior and two days afterwards also to continue the celebrations.......

Now it is during the Hotel part that
I just got email confirmations from grapevinewinetours.com for some pretty neat afternoon / early evening wine tastings followed by dinner for two of the three nights at the Hotel.......

and

just also received confirmations from Elements Spa Salon - Great Wolf Resorts for 4 - hour spa retreats at the Hotel for the am part of those two days as well.:cloud9:

Yes.....expect YOURS TRUELY to no doubt play some Magic Quest while there at the Hotel as well as some arcade games.:)
(watching the kids reactions to me playing Magic Quest oughta be pricelss):laughing:

Now, I am working on filling those two days pre and post.
Am thinking about AMC movies at Grapevine Mills Mall or possibly Magic Time Machine off of Greenville Avenue or what not.....

need a few more weeks to think things thru -

BUT.........:rolleyes1
One things for sure.........

I will be officially kickin' off this adventure (Nov '17) on day one n early May by checking out this place:
Dodie’s Reef - Authentic New Orleans Cusine and Seafood ...

Allrightee - gotta boogy back on over to my San Antonio Trip Report; finishing up last minute things and such.:)

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

Got a wee bit more jazzy dittys to keep ya n the mood until next time -:jumping1:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHHERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:
Took a Honda Civic EX car test drive:drive:

the other day and immediately fell in love with that car (I have the perfect blue color for her already picked out as she will be a 2017).

Was so dang funny seeing all the techno gadgets and what nots on that car.

Here is just but a small bunch inkling to my reactions to seeing this car &
so much techno differences since my 2007 Toyota Corolla I tell ya..... :laughing:
(EX: OMGOSH!! WHere is the car gas cap?:faint:
A- There is none.:goodvibes

2) Where is the roof mount antenna?:eek:
A - It's right there.:goodvibes
Q: Where?:confused3
A - You are looking at it.

3) Where do I plug in my Iphone?:confused3
A- You don't. It's wireless.:goodvibes
Q - It's what?:confused3

4) Q: Where is the key for the car?
A - It's remote /thumb push start key ignition
Q - It's what?:confused3

Oh Mr. B ---- thank you for being patient with me on these issues and more I brought to you that day we took that car for a test drive. Looking forward to seeing u in a few more weeks.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

More details coming up.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:santa:

Last edited:
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE:santa:

T.T.F.N.
&

WOWZERS!!:cool1:
This is way cool cuz I have a birthday coming up (Dec 30th)

&

Just bought the car today......:goodvibes
will finish signing off on the paper work in about a week to 10 days -

Which is just perfect timing cuz I will be at the Gaylord Texan Hotel Dec 29-31st celebrating my B.D. & here is just but a small taste as to what I will be up to during those days - -:teleport:

(Pics, video & details on this mini adventure will be posted on my San Antonio Trip Report)

So expect approx 5 weeks after that
and I will be driving off
Rusty Wallis Honda | cars.rustywallishonda.com's parking lot in my new car in or around Valentine's day.:cool2:

( :thanks: Mr. B for all that you do for them.)

Expect me checking out
Dodie’s Reef - Authentic New Orleans Cusine and Seafood ...
fair to say sometime b4 late next month to 'officially' kick start this 'Nawlins' adventure.:)

UP NEXT:
Putting the finishing touches on just what exactly I am doing up at the Great Wolfe Lodge celebrating all of this come Maypopcorn::

and

is it pronounced Tony "Cha-cher-e" seasoning or Tony "Chacher-e"?:scratchin

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
CHANGES, SMANGES.......;)

Just found out I will be picking up my Christmas/birthday present a little early......
as in TODAY.:bday:

So, let me go run Ladybugpaw:
on over to her Hotel for "Spolied Pooches"

then go pick up my new car at Rusty Wallace Honda -

Pics forthcoming I promise as well.....
I am very proud of this.

AND.....
with this outta da way, I can now focus my attention on my DISneyland Paris adventure slated for early new year.popcorn::

UP NEXT:
Ok.....so where in the world am I gonna have my Spa day on my post day n Nawlins?:confused:

and

Kicking off this adventure while at Dodie’s Reef - Authentic New Orleans Cusine and Seafood ...

....while mulling over just what n the heck I'm a gonna b doing down n 'Nawlins' n late November via
Spotlight on New Orleans | Travel Tours | Collette).:)

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:bday:

Last edited:
Happy birthday and congratulations on the new car. I'm also considering a trip to Disneyland Paris in 2018. My family is Disney-ed out and I was looking at these Groupon getaways and they had a six or eight day trip to Paris which includes hotel and airfare for really cheap and I mentioned it and they got really excited. They begrudgingly agreed to let me have one day at Disneyland Paris when we go. I'll have to make the best of it...lol. I've been driving my daughter nuts with my horrible French ....just what I can remember from high school a million years ago. Things like "ou est le biblioteque?" and she tells me to quit it...lol

Happy birthday and congratulations on the new car. I'm also considering a trip to Disneyland Paris in 2018. My family is Disney-ed out and I was looking at these Groupon getaways and they had a six or eight day trip to Paris which includes hotel and airfare for really cheap and I mentioned it and they got really excited. They begrudgingly agreed to let me have one day at Disneyland Paris when we go. I'll have to make the best of it...lol. I've been driving my daughter nuts with my horrible French ....just what I can remember from high school a million years ago. Things like "ou est le biblioteque?" and she tells me to quit it...lol

:thanks: - Took me a little over 12 hours over a three day period to be able to drive that new car off of the Dealership's parking lot.

and
:goodvibesOHMYGOSHUGOTTAGOTOPARIS -:goodvibes

I mean,
to see different DISney characters, to see different attractions......
and
to see the beaches of Normandy, etc are just two of the many reasons why I am going -
(yes, expect my Paris TR to get some more activity on her in about 90 more days)

ANYWHO -
very glad now this new car thing is behind me so I can now turn my attention to Paris.
(looking at early April '18):cloud9:

BUT.....
about that car -

**WOWZERS**:worship:

I got in her last night.....
opened up the moon roof........

flipped on that :bday:
birthday song by Katy Perry and set the car to cruise control and felt like this was NOT driving a car.........

this was a driving experience.:worship:

Now, the only semi-bad' news is that I was going to celebrate it buying her on May '17 but it proved to be too much of a challenge for me to pull off at the same time as purchasing the vehicle.

So, expect me now to 1) celebrate buying her NOW thru these next three days at the Gaylord Texan Hotel along with me celebrating my birthday out there as well
(pics and video on this on my San Antonio Trip Report as I bring that one to a close)

AND
then expect me to still 2) celebrate buying that new car while out at the Great Wolfe Lodge (Grapevine, Texas) in May '17.
Pics and video from that hotel stay, etc will be on THIS trip report as I gear it more to a Cajun theme.

P.S.S> Your French gives me the case of the giggles but hey, its the effort that counts I say!:goodvibes

and
I plan on playing a slight gag on the Front Desk Reps at the Gaylord this am and will let you in on what they say/react to my comments (about me feeling stressed out over this buying of this car and need to be pointed in the direction of their Spa so I can decompress
I plan on playing this up a wee bit to see what their reaction is):ssst:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:bday:

Last edited:
Ok...I am cheating just a weeeee bit.....
Thought I'd show a few pics of my new car -:goodvibes

To move from 2007 technology to 2017 technology is like........
driving a car to a driving experience.:cloud9:

From sitting in the drivers' seat to sitting in a cockpit like drivers' seat with all the instruments in front of you.

(yes, imo - I am still using the old school "club" on the steering wheel just in case....)

ANYWHO -
I mean the on dash board console is just a sight to behold.
Car handles like a charm -
very quiet on the inside

and
that stereo system is a sight to see and hear.

Overall, I love my new car.:yay:

:thanks: Rusty Wallace Honda.

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Just got done booking an am Architectural tour of New Orleans (courtesy of Viator.com) for December 1st followed by a pm 4 hour spa retreat at
Spa Aria – French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana.:woohoo:

ANYWHO -

Yes,
gonna whip up a mean batch of Gumbo on Monday -
complete with some mean 'ritas ta go with 'em............:drinking1

ANYWHO -
Lookin' forward ta May as I will be at the Great Wolfe Lodge celebrating:

1) Buying that new car of mine.
2) FFIINNAALLYY getting that dang blated DISneyland Paris adventure officially up and running!:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL

Last edited:
OK .....SO JUST WHAT IS IT THAT I AM GONNA BE DOIN' WHILE N NEW ORLEANS?

Pre-day - Get Ladybug 'checked into her Hotel for very spoiled Pooches, etc.
While I head out to Dave & Busters for the day.:drinking1

then -

Day1
New Orleans, Louisiana - Tour Begins
Step into a cultural melting pot in the “Jazz Capital of the World” – New Orleans! This soulful city abounds with rich history, mouth-watering Cajun and Creole cuisine, and an incomparable soundtrack.

Get pre-check into the Hotel around 10am, then I
have a 1:30pm "French Quater Culinary History & Tasting Tour"
(booked courtesy of Viator.com)

Then,
I turn around and check out the sights and sounds of the Two Sisters Restaurant for dinner at 6:30pm.....
(booked also courtesy of Viator.com)

Followed by boogying on back to the Bourbon Hotel and catch the last 1/2 of the Collete.com's Group Meet & Greet around 8:3pm ish...........

Then head out out for a couple of Hurricanes afterwards.

GOT ALL THAT?:confused3

And that's just on my Day ONE.:rotfl:

Get up.....shake off last night's 'fun' and........
Day2
French Quarter
Get to know the city’s famous French Quarter on a walking tour featuring the majestic St. Louis Cathedral, one of the city’s most recognizable landmarks. Continue on to the bustling French Marketplace where you’ll explore Pirates Alley and the Pontalba. Then the choice is yours! Perhaps you’ll enjoy exploring the Cabildo, a Spanish Colonial building that houses the Louisiana State Museum and extensive exhibits on the Battle of New Orleans. Or, you may choose to spend time at the Presbytere strolling through exhibits that feature the history of Mardi Gras and Louisiana hurricanes including Katrina. Next, stop to taste a true New Orleans favorite – beignets at Café Du Monde. Tonight, roll up your sleeves and prepare to discover how to cook New Orleans-style! During a unique cooking demonstration at the New Orleans School of Cooking, your chef will indulge you in everything that Louisiana cuisine has to offer. Following dinner, discover why New Orleans is known as the “Birthplace of Jazz” when you take in a spirited jazz revue at a local French Quarter jazz club.

(I have opted to see the Presbytere Museum on this day):goodvibes
[*]

Day3
French Quarter
Set out on a drive along New Orleans’ historic Esplanade Avenue. Then, journey through Louisiana’s swamp on a cruise* narrated by your captain. Learn about the history and ecology of this fascinating ecosystem while keeping an eye out for wildlife including bald eagles, herons, turtles and alligators! Return to New Orleans and spend the remainder of the day at leisure to discover this great city your way.

(I have opted fora Steamboat cruise down the Misssisippi on this day follwed by a "Haunted Tales of the French Quarter Tour" as well):goodvibes

[*]
Day4
New Orleans
This morning, enjoy a panoramic tour of New Orleans with a local guide. Begin by seeing St. Louis Cemetery #3 which opened in 1854 and holds some of the most elaborate crypts found in the city’s cemeteries. Then, relax during a drive along the shoreline of Lake Pontchartrain. This romantic road eventually leads to St. Charles Avenue, whisking you past gorgeous mansions as well as Tulane and Loyola, two world-famous universities. This afternoon, the choice is once again yours! Take a walk through history at the National World War II Museum to learn about the American experience in the war. Or, you may prefer to celebrate the festive side of New Orleans at Mardi Gras World; come to know the history of this unique tradition and tour a working warehouse where artisans create spectacular floats for the famous parades. Tonight, enjoy a taste of New Orleans during dinner at one of the French-Creole restaurants the city is known for.

(I have opted to see "Mardi Gra World' Tour on this day):goodvibes

Day5
New Orleans - Tour Ends

BUT NOT FOR ME..........:woohoo:
As courtesy of Viator.com, I have an 8:30am "New Orleans Architectural & Sightseeing Small-Group Tour....

Followed by a 2:30pm four hour Spa Retreat at Spa Aria (10 min walk from where I will be staying at)........

Swing on back to ?????? to go have a nice relaxing dinner afterwards followed by "a little bit of this and a little bit of that":rolleyes1

until Gosh only knows what time of the morning -:drinking1

and
DAY 6
AKA "Departure Day":(
Get 'tossed' outta da Hotel Bourbon

at approx 11am for a 2pm flight back to the DFW area with a pocketfull of wonderful memories.....

POST DAY
Head on out to Pappadeaux Restaurant:jumping1: for a bit, then -
Check Ladybug outta her Hotel, come back home and have a nice evening rellaxing....

and then be thinking SERIOSULY about my upcoming DISneyland Paris Adventure coming up the heels from this one.popcorn::

ANYWHO -
**T-MINUS 1.992 MORE HOURS & MY ADVENTURE AT THE GREAT WOLFE LODGE BEGINS**

&

CYA N A FEW WEEKS.....

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
**T-MINUS 1.416 MORE HOURS & MY ADVENTURE AT THE GREAT WOLF LODGE BEGINS**

and......

of course ya can't 'forget';) some of the other things I will be doing while I am out and about -

Video game playing out at Grapevine Mills Mall, shopping,:woohoo:
and more -

........including a well deserved 4 hour spa retreat.:cloud9:

STAY TUNED -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
HAPPY SAINT PATTY'S DAY'......:cool1:

AKA -
T-MINUS 1,128 MORE HOURS & MY ADVENTURE AT THE GREAT WOLF LODGE BEGINS**popcorn::

......but not without of course a stop over at this place at Grapevine Mills Mall -:yo-yo:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!