My Annual Pre-Trip Report June 13-17 at BLT

RavenRob

Mouseketeer
Background:

Me:tigger:(42)- A closet Disney freak. Work for a major investment firm as a Service Manager in the Mid-Atlantic. I am also a NCAA Division 2 and Division 3 College Football Official on the East Coast and a HS Official in Maryland. I work hard and do not play golf or tennis. Besides work and family, football is my life. I work hard all year long and my football officiating avocation keeps me away from the family most weekends in the fall.
I take my two week vacation every year and one of those weeks always seems to be at Disney. So much so, that my DW(42) and I decided to take the plunge as DVC members (AKV) in 2008 during a surprise 15th anniversary trip. Thank you Frank Lopez for being our guide.

DW ::MinnieMo(42)-Lisa, she also a closet Disney Freak. A social worker for a hospital in Baltimore, MD. The world's best wife and mother that anyone could have. She lets me do my football and becomes a single mother in the fall. You want to talk about someone who is unselfish and puts her kids and me first, look her name up in the dictionary. That is where you will find her name. She is my best friend and I do not know what I would do without her.

DD:tink:(11)- My daughter, Allison, next to my wife, the best girl in the world. She is my pride and joy. She suffers from Crohn's Disease which while could be worse, is more of an annoyance than anything. (I know there are children who suffer from worse things and my prayers go out to those people) This annoyance took alot of her early years away from her because we did not get the proper diagnosis until 2006. With help from lots of meds and an ongoing infusion treatment, she lives a relatively health life.

Allison is about to complete 6th grade in a private Jewish day school where she is a solid B+ student and loves texting and calling here girlfriends to talk about boys and other stuff that 11 year old girls do.

Her auto-signature on her e-mails and text messages say: MICKEY LOVER.

DS:earsboy: (8)- My son, Jordan. My buddy boy. He is your typical 8 year old boy. Loves WWE wrestling, playing his Nintendo DSI, Baseball, Football, Basketball and all things sports.
Very smart for an 8 year old, loves math and about to finish the 2nd grade in the same school as his sister.

The one thing we look forward to just about every year is our trip to "The Happiest Place on Earth." This year we have 5 days scheduled at Disney's BLT.

Then on the grandma's house in Delray Beach for a few days before heading back to Maryland to get ready for summer camp, and summer football for me.

Here is a quick run down of our trip:

June 13- Sunday- Fly into MCO and check into BLT, meet friends (co-worker based in Orlando and her family) for dinner at Downtown Disney.

June 14- Monday- Chef Mickey for breakfast- then to AK for the day.

June 15- Epcot/DHS- Linner at 50's Prime Time Cafe- evening at MK.

June 16- MK full day- My birthday dinner at Tony's Town Square Tavern.

June 17- Check out day- pick up the rental car for the drive to Delray Beach for our visit at my Mom's house.

I will continue out Pre-Trip report tomorrow.

Day #1- Sunday, June 13th.

Out flight is scheduled from BWI at 8:50 AM. I kind of have an OCD when it comes to flying so we will leave the house no later than 6:30AM. We will stop at Dunkin Donuts so I can get my XL Decaf with Skim Milk and Sugar. The DW gets her large Ice Hazelnut with Skim Milk, DD will get her plain bagel with cream cheese and for the DS, a strawberry frosted donut. This is a ritual that we have everytime we leave for Florida.

I should have the van parked at BWI airport (Airport Fast Park) no later than 7:30. We should be in the terminal on the line to check our bags by 7:45AM.

The flight should leave BWI on time and on our way out over Columbia, MD with a left turn south towards Patuxent River and down the Chesapeake Bay and once we are at 10,000 feet, I would like to have a Bloody Mary please!!!

We should land at MCO at 11:00AM and be on the Magical Express Line by 11:30. You have to figure a stop in the bathroom and the ride to the main terminal on the monorail and the "short" walk to the ME counter.

Hopefully we will be on the bus to Disney's Bay Lake Tower by 12:00 PM. That should put us at BLT by approximately 1:00PM.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that our room will be ready. We will have a bag with our bathing suits in our carry on so that we can hit the pool!!!:)

Before the pool though we will have to stop at the CS for a bite to eat and let the DS play a few games in the arcade.

After some time at the pool, we will make our way back to the room to relax for a few hours before we meet our friends (co-worker based in Orlando) at Downtown Disney. Last year, we ate dinner at T-REX. (I am looking for a new suggestion for a Downtown Disney restaurant!!!!).

After dinner, we will make our annual contribution to retail sales figures at the World of Disney!!!! We should then head back to BLT to get some rest because of an early ressy at Chef Mickey's on Monday.

Tomorrow- Day 2 plans

P.S.-How am I doing with this Pre-Trip report?

You are doing fine--sounds like you have put a lot of planning into this trip.
Love your before leaving for florida rituals--i think everyone should have them--i know we do

Day 2- Monday, June 14th

I will probably wake up my normal time at 5:30AM. Nah, maybe I will sleep in until about 6:00AM. :) I will go to the health club at the Contemporary and get my usual 45 minute cardio workout in. (I have lost 25lbs since last August in order to be in better shape for my football season)

That should get me back to the room by about 6:30 or so. I will grab a shower and get ready for Day 2 at the world with a 7:15AM ressie at Chef Mickey's. By the time I am ready that should have the rest of us awake and ready to go downstairs. (I messed up with making our ADR's and wanted a later ressie at CM but that story is another post on the Disney Restaurant page).

After our breakfast at CM, we will head back to the room and let the DW get ready for the day at Animal Kingdom.

I am hoping to be on the bus to Animal Kingdom by 9:30AM. Here is what we are planning at Animal Kingdom:

By far the best attraction at Animal Kingdom is The Legend of the Lion King. I cannot go to Animal Kingdom without seeing that show. I love it.

After the Lion King, we will head over to the Kali River Rapids for a little bit of a cool down.

Once we get off the Kali River Rapids, the DW will take the DD and DS over to Dino Land so that they can play there. DS absolutely loves that part of AK. I will slip out to go ride the single rider line of Expedition Everest. The rest of the family are not big fans of rollercoasters so this is the perfect opportunity for me to hit it.

Once they finish in Dino Land, the park will probably start to heat up and start to get crowded so that is the perfect time to grab a quick lunch at Restauranosaurus and then make our way back to BLT for a little R&R by the pool.

After the R&R, we will more than likely let DS and DD play for a while in the arcade while DW and I grab a nice adult beverage somewhere on the 4th floor.

The evening will be spent with a quick monorail ride over to the Magic Kingdom to do a little exploration and maybe hit Laugh Floor in Tommorowland.

I will continue Day 2 later. Have to take care of the Honey-do list and stop by my office to meet a former employee to get her things.(Darn economy...don't listen to what everyone says, there are still layoffs going on in this country!!!)

Hope you all are enjoying my real first PTR!!!!

I left off with finishing our R&R back at BLT after some fun at Animal Kingdom.

We will now proceed out to the monorail for the ride around Bay Lake and head to Magic Kingdom. We will then head right down Main Street and cut off to Tomorrowland for a CS dinner at Starlight Ray's Cafe.

After dinner, DS will make the B-line to the Tomorrowland Speedway. I will take him for a ride (he is still a little on the short side to be riding himself) on what is his favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom.

Once we finish at TS, we will take a nice ride on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (Wedway people mover for us oldtimers!!!) around Tomorrowland. Then off to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor to see if I can become "That guy!!!!"

We will then head back down Main Street and get some ice cream for the trip back to BLT in time to watch the fireworks from the roof.

Coming up next: Day 3- Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Hope you are having fun with this!!!!

Tuesday, June 15- Day 3- Epcot/DHS

Wake-up again between 6 and 6:30 in order to go for a run. I am hoping it is cool enough that early to make a run outside on the path to the Magic Kingdom and back to BLT. Maybe even make it a double run on the path to the Magic Kingdom.

The family should be up by the time I get back to the room. We will probably eat breakfast in our room. (Garden Grocer comes in handy for breakfast)

I expect to be outside waiting for the bus to Epcot by 8:30. Here is a list of our attractions to be visited:

Finding Nemo
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
Test Track
Soarin

The DD and DS do not prefer to do the World Showcase thing so we expect to be on the boat to DHS around lunchtime.

We have "Linner" ressies at 50's Prime Time at 4:10 so we have to cram our attractions at DHS. Here is the list for DHS:

Tower of Terror
American Idol Experience
Great Movie Ride (Another favorite of mine)
Muppet Vision 3D
Star Tour
Toy Story Ride (DS Favorite)

Hopefully we will also be able to take in the HSM 3 parade while making our way around the park.

Tuesday will be the longest day for us and trying to cover two parks in one day but we have managed to do it before.

Have to go get ready to run the Bloomin 5K this morning so I will finish Day 3 a little later today!

I'm curious to see your POST-trip report on this day! Busy days are usually great trip report reads :cool1:

You're so good to have all that healthy work-out time planned in. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm curious to see your POST-trip report on this day! Busy days are usually great trip report reads :cool1:

You're so good to have all that healthy work-out time planned in. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Piratelife: I was talking to the DW this morning about the plan and she suggested maybe returning to Epcot later in the early evening in order to cover some of the attractions in EPCOT because of the tight schedule we are planning. So we will see how it goes. :)

Well I finished my first 5K of the year today and I posted my best time yet, 31:51 which equates to a 10:15 mile pace. I am so excited because last year I turned a 39:50 time in one. I shaved 4 minutes off the same course from last year. I have two more coming up this summer, so let's see if I can lower my time from today's time!!! :banana:

Now back to your regularly scheduled PTR....

Sorry I took so long to continue my update but was busy at work all week and came home each day to crash and burn.....

OK so Day 4 is Wednesday......

Usual wake up time will be between 6 and 6:30 in order to get my run in to the Magic Kingdom and back and then maybe some other cardio in the gym too....

Everyone should be awake by 7:30 and ready to go at 8:30. We should be able to be walking down Main Street USA by 9:00 AM heading towards Adventureland.

First up....Splash Mountain

Haunted House

Hall of Presidents-- need to see what Uncle Barry looks like since they were doing a soft opening last year when we were there...

It's a Small World

Alladin

Dumbo

Tea Cups

Tomorrowland Speedway

Then we will probably want to be heading back to BLT for a swim and some lunch.

We will then make our way back to MK for our 5:10PM at Tony's Town Square Tavern to celebrate my 43rd birthday.:bday:

After dinner, maybe one more quick tour through Tomorrowland.

We will then probably be back to BLT in time to watch the fireworks.

Then DW will start the saddest part of our vacation....starting to pack up to leave.....contine with Day 5 later tonight or early tomorrow morning...

15 days and counting.....one more week of work until my vacation. I have a "honey-do" list waiting for me and get to play Mr. Mom for a few days once the kids get out of school on June 8.

We will then be in full Disney mode!!!!:banana:

Going to make the Garden Grocer list this weekend and place the order too!!!!

T minus 4 days and counting!!!! Well we finished our Garden Grocer order on Monday evening. Cereal, Snacks, Water, Powerade and Milk. Since we we are on the DP, we only need the basics.

Home today with DD and DS now that school is out. DD has a end of school year Pool Party at a classmates house but we have marginal weather in the Mid-Atlantic today so it may be postponed until tomorrow.

Update to Day 1 plans:

We should arrive at BLT around 1:00. We are expecting our Garden Grocer delivery between 1:00 and 3:00. Hope to be poolside by 1:30 or so in order to chillax.

My co-worker and her family will meet us at BLT for dinner around 6:00PM. It may just be an adult dinner while we let the kids stay at the resort. I will provide update once we are there.

Is it Sunday yet???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter