My booked July Fastpasses are gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyMommy77

DIS Veteran
Disney has removed my July fastpasses that I had booked for Mid July.
Dining reservations are still showing currently.

I am not surprised, but this may impact the decisions for some if they will still want to go.

I have faith that Disney will still somehow make this trip magical. They haven’t let me down before!

(I am also an AP holder, and this would just be a bonus trip since we can’t travel to Hawaii as we had planned for July, so my reasons for going may be different than others.)

Speculating - could it be because the AP's are not going to be activated right away so you don't have a valid entry ticket?

It could be related to the fact they're developing a reservation system for entering the parks. You'll probably have to get a reservation first and then make your FP choices for the time you're allowed in the parks.

This is what I'm seeing on MDE for my July 22 stay: "We cannot display FastPass+ details right now. Please check back later."

I booked my FP on Tuesday for our late July trip...yep, ours are gone too. ADRs are still there for now...

Gone too. Mid July trip. Dining still there We are flying from Wisconsin and our airline ticket funds expire in September but we still aren’t sure if we might cancel the whole trip at this point.

Gone as well July 16-23. AP with onsite. Said in another thread, rides were the only thing left that I felt like I had any control over. So sad. Very likely going to cancel now.

It could be related to the fact they're developing a reservation system for entering the parks. You'll probably have to get a reservation first and then make your FP choices for the time you're allowed in the parks.
Agreed. There are no guarantees that everyone who currently has fastpasses for a given park on a given day in July will be able to get a reservation for that park on that day. So if they are still going to have fastpasses, they should be made available for only the people who are actually able to make reservations to be in the park on that day.

That said, it is not at all clear to me that they will even need fastpasses in the new system or if capacity will be so intentionally low that everything will be minimal waits.

This really doesn't bode well for in-park dining reservations though--I wouldn't be surprised if those are the next to disappear.

Don't panic just yet everyone. Disney is taking most of their systems offline while they figure out what to do. We all know that Disney IT is notoriously bad.

I was supposed to make FP this morning for my July trip and wasn't able to. I think everyone is missing FP right now, so I wouldn't panic. This is going to be a much different trip than what we're all used to, I think.

July 21-30 FP's are gone here too. I'm not worrying about it right now. I'm more concerned about what to do with my Cinderella's Royal Table and Chef Mickey reservations. Doesn't seem smart to pay $390 for Cinderella's Royal Table with no princesses!

July 21-30 FP's are gone here too. I'm not worrying about it right now. I'm more concerned about what to do with my Cinderella's Royal Table and Chef Mickey reservations. Doesn't seem smart to pay $390 for Cinderella's Royal Table with no princesses!
Agreed. In general, I wonder how they're going to deal with ADRs. I don't mind having to start over again in making them after I have secured a park for the day through the reservation system. I have the free dining recovery deal booked from my canceled trip in April and I want to take advantage of it!

This really isn't surprising. All of the previously booked FastPasses and ADRs were done so under condition "X" (when they had one set of hours and park capacity) and now they are under condition "Y" (lesser park capacity and lesser hours).

I don't see any way they can keep and honor all of those reservations now when capacity (for both the parks and restaurants) is going to be greatly reduced.

Only fair (and realistic) way to do it IMO is to wipe them all out and let people re-book in combination with getting a specific park reservation.

Just checked, July 20-31, ours are gone as well. ADRs still there. Not an AP. I live in CO so I was up at 5 am twice now to make FP that have been canceled. Had a great line up. We were supposed to be there right now, our orignial trip started 5/26. So bummed this week. 95% probably gonna cancel. Only thing that may save it is that we would be going at the beginning of the re opening and crowds will be very very low. But with all the restrictions we just don't know. So we're waiting to hear what Disney says. Not sure about being the guinea pigs on this experiment. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!