My Boston area peeps....

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
its a go :dance3: Megan and I are heading to MA to visit with the Gengel (they live in Holden ) family on 7/30 - 8/1....thinking we will come in earlier and meet up with everyone in the area!

let me know what you all think, a good place for a meet up, etc. we definitely want to experience Boston so any good info you can pass on I'd appreciate it!

so excited to get to meet up!

Cool!!! keep me posted on plans. I will come up if we are here. We might be going to Key West that week, but I'm not sure yet.

Cool!!! keep me posted on plans. I will come up if we are here. We might be going to Key West that week, but I'm not sure yet.

okay will do, will be great to see you again! Key West is fun!

we bought a Boston guide book tonight!

I know I could drive to the other end of the state to finally meet you both. Keep me updated on your plans.Looking forward to it!!!:thumbsup2

I know I could drive to the other end of the state to finally meet you both. Keep me updated on your plans.Looking forward to it!!!:thumbsup2

That would be wonderful Caroline! I had looked up to see where all the MA families live and saw you were farther away.

We are here that week! So looking forward to meeting you and Megan!

we are too Cassey!

We'll be around!! I work across the street from the MFA :)

yay! um what's the MFA :confused3

okay ladies, we want to spend time in Boston, where would a good home base area be Boston Commons area? know we want to walk the freedom trail, ride the swan boats, see some of the historic areas.

what about our DIS meet...assuming the weekend of 27-28 would be best since some are working, any ideas???

think we will be flying in 7/22 or 23...going out to the Gengel's 7/30 - 8/1 and flying home after that.

can I get out to Holden (Gengels) on the train? or would I need to rent a car? know I won't need it while we are in the city from what I read last night in the guide book.

sorry for all the questions, was only in Boston a couple days back in 1995 before Christmas with Jim, but I was so sick with the flu, the only thing I remember doing was going to Cheers :lmao: any tips, etc will be greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

been scouring the internet sites....

think I found a hotel for a decent price...The Colonnade Hotel in the Back Bay area on Huntington Ave.

found some tours....Upperdeck trolley boston & Cambridge, or the Beantown trolley & harbor cruise, boston total exp by bus which goes to Cambridge, Lexington and concord, and freedom trail tour lead by a colonial dressed tour guide

There's no train that goes directly to Holden, but there is one that goes to Worcester, just south of Holden. You can check the site at www.mbta.com for the Worcester line. It stops at Back Bay.

You could stay in Framingham or Natick for less. They are both on that train line, which could take you east to Boston, or west to Worcester. Of course, the difference in cost for the hotel could be used up in cab fare to the trains.

MFA is the Museum of Fine Arts. www.mfa.org.

You should do a duck tour, too. I've never been on one but I'd love to. Swan Boats on the common. Tour of Harvard, technically Cambridge.

Northeastern is on Huntington Ave. I haven't walked all the way down to Back Bay, yet, but it is probably do-able.

Symphony Hall is on the corner of Huntington and Mass Ave. The Prudential Center, also on Huntington, has loads of shopping and there is a spot where food trucks are every day near there.

There's the Museum of Science, too. That's on the green line. I think you can buy some special t-pass that would work for a certain number of days for the subway (the T). You would need different tickets for the commuter rail though (the Worcester train).

Faneuil Hall is historic, close to the New England Aquarium. BosTix sells theater tickets the day of a show for half price (in Faneuil Hall). The shows are in the theater district, BosTix is in Faneuil Hall.

I second the duck tour! I have never been on one but both my kids thought it was a blast! The Aquarium is something we love also.

If time permits, would you be interested in seeing historic Plymouth? Julia and I would be happy to play tour guide!

I need to check with my sister, she usually has a list of free offerings for the summer. Not sure if it is out yet or not.

thanks for all the great info Jennifer and Cassey! will check them all out!

was thinking about doing the Duck tour too, will have Megan look at everything over the weekend so I can reserve things if needed.

I had looked on the MBTA site about getting around town and out to Holden, figured that way I don't need to get a car and would be closer for Cherylann to pick us up or take a taxi and you both. Jennifer you are off the Franklin Line and Cassey off the Kingston/Plymouth line right? wanted to see in case you want us to come out to you.

Cassey, seeing Plymouth would be fun! what day will work best for you?

any ideas on what we could do for our get together???

been playing around with dates and think we will fly on 7/24 arriving in BOS around 4pm which would give us 5 full days in the city before we head out to the Gengel's on the 30th and fly home on 8/2.

Yes, I am off the Kingston/Plymouth line. You are good! I only work Tuesday-Thursday so any day other than those is good for me, let me know what works best for you and Megan!

We could do lunch on the Commons, Earl of Sandwich is open.:woohoo:

Any chance of meeting outside of Boston? I am not a comfie "big city driver," but don't want to miss out on seeing you all.
It would be much easier for me to drive to Worcester...

Yes, I am off the Kingston/Plymouth line. You are good! I only work Tuesday-Thursday so any day other than those is good for me, let me know what works best for you and Megan!

We could do lunch on the Commons, Earl of Sandwich is open.:woohoo:
would you and Julia want to come into the city one day and we could do Plymouth another one???
I'm not going to plan any tours, etc. until we can get our times together planned, you all come first :thumbsup2

good that will give us some wiggle room to plan! really an EoS :cool1: definitely need to eat there!

Any chance of meeting outside of Boston? I am not a comfie "big city driver," but don't want to miss out on seeing you all.
It would be much easier for me to drive to Worcester...

it doesn't make any difference to me where we meet...Jennifer, Cassey, Buffy what do you all think???? would Worcester be an easy place to meet up???

would you and Julia want to come into the city one day and we could do Plymouth another one???
I'm not going to plan any tours, etc. until we can get our times together planned, you all come first :thumbsup2

We could do both!

good that will give us some wiggle room to plan! really an EoS :cool1: definitely need to eat there!

it doesn't make any difference to me where we meet...Jennifer, Cassey, Buffy what do you all think???? would Worcester be an easy place to meet up???

Worcester is good for me, I am not familiar with the area, but can definitely find my way.

I would say "outside" of Worcester would be better, but that's my personal feelings about Worcester coming out ;) Although we did go to a nice theater there last winter.

I'm close to both the Framingham/Natick (Worcester) line and the Franklin. I'm not too far away from Mansfield either. There's an awesome store in North Attleboro, Right at Home Scrapbooking, which is close to Mansfield.

I work all week, but have an opportunity to do four-day compressed weeks, so if I know far enough in advance, I can get a Monday or Friday off.

There's so much to do...we could meet at the beach, or go to Providence to the Roger Williams Zoo (I'm happy to get you from the train, Lisa and you could ride with us), meet for dinner, shopping, etc. What would you and Megan like to do, we live here and can do it all all the time :)

Worcester is good for me, I am not familiar with the area, but can definitely find my way.

I would say "outside" of Worcester would be better, but that's my personal feelings about Worcester coming out ;) Although we did go to a nice theater there last winter.

I'm close to both the Framingham/Natick (Worcester) line and the Franklin. I'm not too far away from Mansfield either. There's an awesome store in North Attleboro, Right at Home Scrapbooking, which is close to Mansfield.

I work all week, but have an opportunity to do four-day compressed weeks, so if I know far enough in advance, I can get a Monday or Friday off.

There's so much to do...we could meet at the beach, or go to Providence to the Roger Williams Zoo (I'm happy to get you from the train, Lisa and you could ride with us), meet for dinner, shopping, etc. What would you and Megan like to do, we live here and can do it all all the time :)

was thinking the weekend might be easier for our group meet up, I really don't know what we should do....is Mansfield somewhere we can get to on the train??? and easy for Caroline and Cassey to get too, figure Buffy will be driving up? that might be fun to do and then we can eat too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!