• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My cooking tip--wear shoes when you're baking all day

Kermit

New Mama to Baby Jacob!
I was on my feet cooking all day, and because I am an idiot, I was barefoot. I had been wearing sandles that were made to make your feet look cute--not to help you walk. I took them off because they were hurting my feet, and I didn't put on my tennis shoes like I should have.

My sister is getting married in 2 weeks, and I'm hosting a shower the day before the wedding because all of our relatives live out-of-state and they want to be able to attend a shower. Because of some bad scheduling conflicts, the bridesmaid breakfast is that day at 10:30, and then my shower is at 12:30. That means that all of the food has to be in the freezer ahead of time or made the night ahead. Fortunately, some out-of-town guests will be staying at my house, and they'll pop a casserole in the oven and assemble finger sandwiches while I'm at the brunch, but everything else has to be done.

So, I've been cooking. Today I have put into my freezer:

4 dozen buttermilk blueberry mini muffins
4 dozen applesauce spice mini muffins
4 dozen chocolate chocolate chip cookies
5 dozen butter cookies sandwiched with strawberry jam
Lots of cream cheese melt away mints

The night before the shower, I'm making pimiento cheese and chicken salad for finger sandwiches, fruit salad, spinach dip to go in a bread bowl, and broccoli salad. I'll also be assembing a breakfast casserole that will cook while I'm at the breakfast. On the way back from the breakfast, I'm picking up a cake and a veggie tray (to go with the spinach dip).

I was cooking and then cleaning for over 6 hours today. As soon as I get done reading the boards, I'm going to take a hot bath and talk DH into massaging my feet. :D

OMG, that's a ton of prep work in one day. You deserve a foot massage after that.

Kermit,
I bet your feet would be exhausted regardless. That's a whole lot of cooking. Take a nice bath and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

Kermit-
That's incredible! Could you come to my house? LOL
You deserve a big pat on the back from all of your
relatives! :D

Take Care
Candi

I really agree about wearing shoes while cooking for a long time - especially if you have a ceramic tile floor. Has anyone told your sister how lucky she is to have you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter