• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My dining review but with no pics...sorry (Part 1 - 9/13 & 9/14)

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
Mom and I went down during our birthday week and had a wonderful time.

9/13 - Arrival day. Once we landed at MCO, we had Tiffany Travel meet us (we would not hesitate to use them again, they were wonderful!) and we were on our way. Checked into CBR immediately, there were no lines, and went right to our room. We changed and relaxed a little bit and headed to Downtown Disney for our 6pm ressie at Rainforest Cafe. I know people's opinions differ on this but our meals were delicious! We were seated right next to the elephant and both ordered the Pot Roast...YUM! A little on the salty side but nothing that you couldn't eat. Mom got 3 huge pieces of beef while I got 2 but they were tender and yummy with a bunch of veggies. We really like RFC!

9/14 - Mom's Birthday. :bday: This was our first time at Coral Reef. We had a 6pm ressie at Coral Reef and thanks to my friends here on the DIS, Mom had no idea what was ahead. We were seated at a table right next to the tank and Mom was handed her personalized menu. She got a little teary seeing a pic of her any my dad (who passed 7 months ago) but quickly started to enjoy her surroundings. Our server, Roberto, was absolutely fabulous! We saw the ugly huge grouper and ordered diet sodas and the crab claws...again, yummy! Then, I happened to notice a diver go to the top of the tank and start for us. So, me being very sly, ;) says, Mom, look. And there he came right down to us! Thanks, DIS friends!! He showed Mom her banner, kissed the tank and then to our great surprise, another diver came down to see what the heck was going on. They were wonderful and really made her vacation (and mine too)!!! We ordered, Mom the salmon and me the tuna. Mom had never had salmon before and said it was very good. I had the tuna and while it was good I think when I go back I will try something different. Just didn't impress me too much, though it was good. For dessert, she had the cheesecake with a birthday candle and I had, of course, the chocolate wave...Heaven on earth! We will definitely go back to CR!!

More later...

MickeysMommy said:
We were seated at a table right next to the tank and Mom was handed her personalized menu. She got a little teary seeing a pic of her any my dad (who passed 7 months ago) but quickly started to enjoy her surroundings....
Okay, you need to tell me more about this personalized menu. I've never heard of that before! What a great surprise for your mom. :teeth:

MickeysMommy said:
Our server, Roberto, was absolutely fabulous! We ordered, Mom the salmon and me the tuna. Mom had never had salmon before and said it was very good. I had the tuna and while it was good I think when I go back I will try something different. Just didn't impress me too much, though it was good. For dessert, she had the cheesecake with a birthday candle and I had, of course, the chocolate wave...Heaven on earth! We will definitely go back to CR!!
More later...

I've never eaten here but it always seems a little creepy to be eating fish in a big aquarium. :rotfl2: I can never pick out a lobster anywhere because dd insists on naming them all while we're waiting to be seated. I imagine the other lobsters saying, "Oh, look, poor Sally is over on that lady's table."

It sounds like you and your mom had a great time! Can't wait to hear more, MM.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

I can't believe I've missed this until now...of course, I got the spoiler dining report first! ;)

Great reviews, sounds like a wonderful birthday dinner at Coral Reef. :cake:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter