My dining reviews

lulu71

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
My dining reviews from my trip Labor Day week:

Rose and Crown:
We arrived early and begged for a window table and got lucky! What a great view for Illuminations. It was four of us, and this was the last stop after doing "drinking around the world". DH had black and tans, I had Welsh Dragons, DB had Guinesses and DSIL had Bass. For starters, the three others got salads and I got the mushrooms, which they were all jealous of - they were really good. I got the fish and chips, which weren't as good as I remembered. My DB got the cottage pie as a stand-alone entree (usually part of the pie sampler) at the recommendation of the waitress (his wife told her that he likes to mix all his food together so it would be perfect for him), DSIL got the steak and prawns, and DH got the pie sampler and all enjoyed their meals. The piece de resistance was the Bailey's Creme Brulee, which we all shared. It was fantastic!! We drank quite a bit and I didn't see the bill, nor did I want to, LOL! Overall, excellent meal and service!

ESPN Club - It was five of us (DH was green and in bed in the room after riding Tower of Terror). DB and DSIL drank beers, DM had margaritas, DF drank bloody marys and I had martinis. Food was pretty good, but it was soooo loud in there as there was a major football game going on - first of the season I believe. We had nachos for an appetizer, which were standard fare. My DF and I got the hot dog, which was huge - we had to eat it with a knife and fork! DM and DSIL got the roast beef sandwich, which they liked. I can't remember what DB got. Overall, good but nothing to write home about.

Beaches and Cream - It was all six of us. Everyone got burgers, which we all happily devoured. We couldn't play around with starters here as all thoughts were on dessert. We ended up with three desserts, the Milky Way sundae, the Mud Slide and the No Way Jose. I devoted a separate thread to this experience as it was so good - check it out.

Sci Fi - It was four of us. We all got the glowing ice cube drinks. I got the one that is like a Long Island Iced Tea - fabulous. DH got a corona with a shot of rum in it, which he's had before there and was not on the menu but they remembered how to make (not hard) but the server had to ask. DSIL got the Margarita and once again, no clue what DB got, LOL! DH and I got the turkey sandwich and a burger and split them up. Both were really good. The others both got burgers, I think. After the huge glowing drinks, who cares what they got!

AK Pizzafari - Four of us. We had breadsticks for the table. The three others got pizzas, which they enjoyed and I got the chicken caesar salad. It was OK, but there was hardly any dressing and what little there was wasn't mixed well. I'd go there again for a quick meal, but nothing to write home about.

Kona Cafe - All six of us went here for breakfast. DB, DSIL and I got Tonga Toast which is just incredible! DM got eggs, which she liked and DH got the fruit plate, which was just so beautifully done. They hollowed out a half of a pineapple and filled it with sliced fruit. I think he's crazy 'cause who wants to mess around with fruit when Tonga Toast is staring you in the face, but oh well. Kona is a must do on every trip so we can get our fix of good coffee and once again, we weren't disappointed.

Tony's Town Square - I didn't eat here, but DB and DSIL did and they raved about how great the service was. They also enjoyed their food. They split up a pizza and a meatball sub. They said the pizza was fantastic, but they probably wouldn't order the sub again. They also commented that it was a really good value.

Whispering Canyon - All six of us went here for dinner. We all got skillet dinners. Everyone thought the best things were the chicken and the sausage and that they could keep the ribs, which were very chewy. We had a great time with all the antics!

Spoodles - All six of us went for dinner. We had calamari and flatbread for starters, which were great! The calamari was drizzled with an orange sauce, which was different but very good. For entrees, I got the stuffed peppers (they were excellent), DM and DSIL got the salmon, which they both enjoyed. DH, DF and DB all got the prosciutto fettucine. DF and DH raved over it, but DB was ho-hum. We were puzzled about why he didn't like ut and we realized they left off the sauce! He tasted some of DH's leftovers and then raved over his! We told the waiter, who took our plates and hurried off. We also told the chef when he was doing his rounds and he apologized. They didn;t take it off the bill, which I thought was weird but since I wasn;t paying I didn't say anything. We all had dessert, which was excellent. I think we had one of each of what they offered!

Columbia Harbor House - I am a fish and chips nut, so we ate there twice! Great as usual!

50's Prime Time - Four of us ate here. I had the pot roast, which was great as usual, DH got the fried chicken which I tasted and was excellent - I'll definitely get this next time. DM got the meatloaf, which she didn't enjoy very much because it had ketchup all over it which isn't her cup of tea. DF got the chicken caesar salad, which he liked. We got a s'mores dessert to share and I thought war would break out over the last bite it was so good!

Electric Umbrella - Four of us, the three others got burgers and I got the turkey sandwich, which I enjoyed. The others liked the burgers OK, typical fast food type fare.

Leaping Horse Libations - This is the bar at the BW pool, where we all met up in the afternoons. I highly recommend the Tilt a Whirl!

Sorry so long, I hope you are still with me. After reading this, I realize we are a booze drinking, dessert-eating bunch! This was a great trip!! I hope you enjoy reading it!

Enjoyed your reviews. We've had breakfast at Kona many, many times....usually several times each trip. However, we've never ordered the fruit plate. Your review has inspired me.:D

Bailey's Creme Brulee!!! Sounds fabulous...I'll remember that for my dinner in Dec.

Great reviews and it sounds like you all had a really good time! Thanks for sharing!

poor husband at spoodles not only do they forget the sauce they take his food and he still has to pay for it!

On our trips dd15 and I go to Rose and Crown JUST to have the mushroom appetizer! Of course, we end up eating a full meal, but that appetizer is the most important part!

Do you remember what type of fruit was on the fruit plate? I love pineapple, berries, almost everything except melon. Dh and I are having breakfast here....he wants tonga toast, but I'm not much of a morning eater (unless it's cold pizza) so I don't want anything heavy!
Thanks for the reviews

Originally posted by ILOVEPOOH1
Do you remember what type of fruit was on the fruit plate? I love pineapple, berries, almost everything except melon. Dh and I are having breakfast here....he wants tonga toast, but I'm not much of a morning eater (unless it's cold pizza) so I don't want anything heavy!
Thanks for the reviews

I remember there being lots of melon...honeydew and canteloupe. I think there were grapes and blueberries and pineapple and maybe strawberry. Tonga toast certainly is heavy, so I understand why you wouldn't want that.

are the mushrooms at R& C kind of like soup??? they look fantastic and would like to go to get them( the rest of the menu leaves me cold except the fish and chips)

Originally posted by jann1033
are the mushrooms at R& C kind of like soup??? they look fantastic and would like to go to get them( the rest of the menu leaves me cold except the fish and chips)

I wouldn't say they're like soup. More like sauteed in a liquid with a puff pastry lying on top, but not a whole lot of liquid.

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle
Do we need a priority seating for Kona Cafe?

T&B

I doubt it when you're going you'll need a PS (if you're talking about for the trip in your countdown). I've seen a line, but only once in either February or December, can't remember and it was when they first opened in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter