My Disney Experience

I had issues last night, one of my MB orders completely disappeared. I chatted With IT and they told me to not link so many reservations at once :rolleyes1 I have 3 in the next 330 days, I’m sure some of you have more, it’s crazy that the system
Can’t handle it. He literally told me that too much activity will corrupt my account. I dont Know how to share pics here but I screen Shots of the convo.

I am having the opposite problem. I keep declining MBs for our April split stay and it will be fine for weeks and then all of a sudden it reverts back to the grey MBs as if I had never declined them at all.

It's been awful the past couple of days. Wasn't using it before that so I'm not certain how long it's been that way. The reservation I wanted to customize MB's for was there once but I didn't order at that time. Then it wasn't there and old MB's weren't there. A refresh or sign out and back in would then show other family and friends MB's. Rinse, repeat and different family/friends would show up but not the reservation. Finally last night at 11:30PM I gave it one more try and the reservation showed up out of the blue again. I quickly customized and called it good.

And my phone app kept crashing. I'm really amazed at how poor and buggy it still is when it is so relied upon. :sad2:

folks...it is one big database. you are just a client seeking information from that database. You are never EVER in danger of your FP+ or ADR, or Room Reservations being deleted or canceled because they don't show up in the MDE app.

The number of magic bands you have associated to your account should have zero impact on app performance. Also, multiple trips / room reservations should have little impact.

The type of slow response time, and or missing information is a condition of your current and active internet connection.

Just refresh your phone / app. Make sure you have a good connection. A good connection is so much more than having "4 bars". You can have "4 bars" and still have a crappy connection.

folks...it is one big database. you are just a client seeking information from that database. You are never EVER in danger of your FP+ or ADR, or Room Reservations being deleted or canceled because they don't show up in the MDE app.

The number of magic bands you have associated to your account should have zero impact on app performance. Also, multiple trips / room reservations should have little impact.

The type of slow response time, and or missing information is a condition of your current and active internet connection.

Just refresh your phone / app. Make sure you have a good connection. A good connection is so much more than having "4 bars". You can have "4 bars" and still have a crappy connection.

Sure, connections can cause issues. That does not mean that Disney doesn't have issues with their website. My reference to MDE is not as an app although I also reviewed it.

app or website....same thing....you are asking a DB to return specific records. No matter how bad the connection is....the records in the DB are secure and you are in no danger of losing information.

I get it. It sucks to want to use something and get information at a specific time. But there are so many points of failure outside of Disney control for this trans action. it is just poor form and incorrect to use the blanket statement "Disney IT Sucks" any time there is an issue.

we had the same problem, and (thankfully) the old thread came up - in my excitement, I didn't notice the dates though, and posted there :o
Try checking in for your stay, then the option to customize should appear. If you have more than one reservation that you want MBs for, you will need to check-in for each.

app or website....same thing....you are asking a DB to return specific records. No matter how bad the connection is....the records in the DB are secure and you are in no danger of losing information.

I get it. It sucks to want to use something and get information at a specific time. But there are so many points of failure outside of Disney control for this trans action. it is just poor form and incorrect to use the blanket statement "Disney IT Sucks" any time there is an issue.

One for me would be over cellular network and the other over high speed internet is the point.

Yes - Disney IT sucks and to state that it's the internet connection is way too blanket when you have zero idea what the connections are.

There's been another new "quirk". I go to sign in and when requesting a certain page will be asked to sign in. That's all fine. Then it signs me in (shows me as signed in where previously it did not) and takes me to the home screen so I select that page again that I first did. And have to sign in again. It only wants 2 sign in's to allow me to see the page but that's 1 too many.

we had the same problem, and (thankfully) the old thread came up - in my excitement, I didn't notice the dates though, and posted there :o
Try checking in for your stay, then the option to customize should appear. If you have more than one reservation that you want MBs for, you will need to check-in for each.
I ended up doing an online chat with Disney IT. I had already customized my MBs for my April trip weeks before and the orders disappeared from MDE last week. I wait a couple of days because MDE is so quirky but they never did. The IT CM had me submit a secure form and had me refresh. PRESTO! MBs were back but I had to customize them all over again.

I have only one reservation linked for May but am also having issues selecting magic bands. I get an error message saying, "Sorry, we can't do this right now." Love Disney IT. :scared:

Follow up:

I just did the online check-in, (which I don't usually do or really even LIKE doing), and my magic bands were then available. I don't think it is a glitch. I think they are forcing people to do online check-in. :crazy2:
'

Last edited:
Reactions: cm8
Same issue, same fix, I think you’re on to something!

I chatted With IT and they told me to not link so many reservations at once :rolleyes1 I have 3 in the next 330 days, I’m sure some of you have more, it’s crazy that the system
Can’t handle it.

Typical Disney. Blaming glitches on the customer. Pulling any old thing out of a hat that puts the blame on us.

Like “you can’t have more than x bands because the system can’t handle it”. Nonsense. If the system can’t handle x per person, then NO ONE with x+1 would have it work. But plenty of us have way over that and have no issues.

But fussing with the system seems to jump start it. Taking off some bands. Changing a reservation. Etc. to me it’s kike jiggling the toilet handle. It does a little something to the system and gets rid of the glitch.

Surely you remember that time and a half when everyone’s ADRs were, actually, gone? It was as they were moving from My Account to “my account called My Disney Experience”, and pre-bands and pre-FP+, when we knew something was changing but we weren’t sure what. The first time, all the ADRs were lost. The second time some proactively redid their ADRs and some didn’t. The ones that did felt that they were lost. The ones that didn’t got their ADRs back.

Is 1 time the reason to panic? No. But we also can’t say that not seeing it means nothing.

Typical Disney. Blaming glitches on the customer. Pulling any old thing out of a hat that puts the blame on us.

Like “you can’t have more than x bands because the system can’t handle it”. Nonsense. If the system can’t handle x per person, then NO ONE with x+1 would have it work. But plenty of us have way over that and have no issues.

But fussing with the system seems to jump start it. Taking off some bands. Changing a reservation. Etc. to me it’s kike jiggling the toilet handle. It does a little something to the system and gets rid of the glitch.

Surely you remember that time and a half when everyone’s ADRs were, actually, gone? It was as they were moving from My Account to “my account called My Disney Experience”, and pre-bands and pre-FP+, when we knew something was changing but we weren’t sure what. The first time, all the ADRs were lost. The second time some proactively redid their ADRs and some didn’t. The ones that did felt that they were lost. The ones that didn’t got their ADRs back.

Is 1 time the reason to panic? No. But we also can’t say that not seeing it means nothing.

The next time I have an issue I’m literally going to ask the IT guy to jiggle the handle a little LOL like I know you can’t actually fix it but perhaps it will stop making noise for a while

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter