My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Figment's Spring Trip to Disneyland, Continued...

Cafe Orleans, Lunch
Cafe Orleans is still one of Figment's favorite places to have lunch. He usually requests a table by the rail so that he can watch the Rivers of America and New Orleans Square while he dines. When the weather is nice, CO is great place to have lunch!
DSC_0387_zpsm58tg7gs.jpg

Mint Julep - The new mint julep recipe is growing on Figment. It's much more consistent now and still has a stronger lemon-lime taste than the previous (very green) one.
DSC_0390_zpsethtf3wp.jpg

Seasonal Soup - The seasonal soup was the Chicken Gumbo. The gumbo was still on the menu! We asked our server about it being seasonal and this time the server seemed to think it was unlikely to go away (last time we asked the server seemed to think there was a chance that the chef was going to try something different).
DSC_0404_zpsqqjzqsih.jpg

Seafood Gratin - Creamy blend of Lump Crab, Shrimp, Spinach, and creamy Tarragon Dressing served with Seasoned Croutons. This is one of Figment's new favorites at Cafe Orleans. Lots of seafood mixed in a light sauce. It's really good!
DSC_0396_zpso1eq5byv.jpg

DSC_0400_zpsylel7lei.jpg

Pommes Frites - Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade. A classic! Figment gets this every time he goes to Cafe Orleans. (Tip: ask for extra remoulade; it's really good!)
DSC_0394_zpsjx19xazu.jpg

Lobster Cobb Salad - Mixed Greens, Roasted Corn, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Bacon, and Lobster with an Avocado Vinaigrette. Sometimes a salad is nice change. This salad is nice and refreshing, with a good amount of lobster. Yum!
DSC_0407_zps5weyy0qb.jpg

DSC_0408_zpsibyd7hom.jpg

Carnation Cafe, Dinner
Carnation Cafe is another one of Figment's favorite table service locations in DLR. In good weather he likes to sit outside and watch what's happening on Main Street. In colder/wet weather, he likes to sit inside. The weather was nice, so it was good to eat outside.

Fried Pickles with Dipping Sauce - Dill Pickle Spears dipped in Parmesan and Panko, Fried Golden Brown and served with a House Sauce. This is still Figment's favorite item at Carnation Cafe. The pickles are crisp on the outside and pickle-y on the inside. Yum!
DSC_0229_zpsp2hs7vje.jpg

Baked Potato Soup - with Bacon, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Sour Cream, and Chives. This soup is very filling! It's a very rich soup with lots of flavor.
DSC_0230_zpsc9z1q4ai.jpg

Romaine Salad with Shrimp - Succulent Shrimp, Romaine, Avocado, Tomatoes, and Hickory-smoked Bacon, with creamy Ranch. This another pretty good salad option; the shrimp were good sized and had good flavor.
DSC_0237_zpsk7o4fy9d.jpg

Homemade Meatloaf - Our special blend of Beef and Pork served with Ketchup Glaze, Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables. This is still the only meatloafs the Figment likes. It has a firm texture and lots of good flavor. The veggies are always kind of meh (Figment likes brocoli, but not cauliflower).
DSC_0236_zps43xysgu2.jpg

Cove Bar, Dinner
Figment was happy to see that the Cove Bar was open (albiet only temporarily) because that means Lobster Nachos! The deck area is surrounded by scrims so that guests cannot (easily) see the lagoon or Pixar Pier construction. It gave the place a slightly boxed in feel, but that can't be helped.
DSC_0472_zpscfcgtnn6.jpg

Sparkling NO-Jito - Fresh Lime Juice, Agave Nectar, and Mint topped with Soda Water. Trying something new. This drink was pretty good; not to tart, not to sweet. Very refreshing.
DSC_0452_zpssma6vzrq.jpg

Bloody Mary - The Cove Bar makes a pretty good Bloody Mary.
DSC_0453_zps5gkbrpxx.jpg

Tri-Tip Sliders - Set of three Mojo Criollo with crispy Onions on Toasted Amish Buns. The Cove Bar no longer features a trio of different slides, now it's three of the same kind. That being said, Figment really liked these sliders. They were tender and juicy, with good flavor.
DSC_0458_zpsjdjsi0lw.jpg

CB Lobster Nachos - Tender Lobster Pieces atop fresh House-made Tortilla Chips with Black Beans, Pico de Gallo, Chipotle Crèma, and our Signature Aged Cheddar and Oaxaca Cheese Sauce. Lobster Nachos! These are still Figment's favorite thing at the Cove Bar. So good!
DSC_0463_zpsppocaf9s.jpg

I miss your pictures. That Jolly Holiday breakfast sandwich and abuelita...I don't see the sandwich on the menu on the Disney site. Is it seasonal? More importantly, do you think it will be there in July? TIA.

Last edited:
Figment's Spring Trip to Disneyland, Continued...

Red Rose Taverne, Dinner
The Red Rose Taverne is still going strong, although they no longer sell the Red Rose Tumbler.

Beast's Burger - 1/3 lb Angus Beef Patty, Slow-cooked Beef, Gruyère Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce, Tomato, and Horseradish Aïoli on a Toasted Roll, served with Pommes Frites. Figment really likes this burger. It's pretty big and it comes with fries that remind him of the ones from Cafe Orleans (sans the remoulade)!
DSC_0012_zpsmcszwtmb.jpg

Slow-Cooked Beef Poutine - Slow-Cooked Beef and Gravy over Seasoned Waffle-cut Fries, Pickled Onion and Cheese Curds. This is Figment's favorite dish at the Red Rose Tarverne. The thick cut waffle fries are great for soaking up the gravy and the beef is very tender and flavorful.
DSC_0011_zpssgakkjdw.jpg

Grey Stuff Gâteau - White Chocolate Mousse and Red Velvet Cake with a Raspberry Center. Figment still likes this version of the grey stuf the best.
DSC_0014_zpsrjhi0ucs.jpg

River Belle Terrace, Lunch
This is another one of Figment's go to TS locations. He happened to have lunch there on a very rainy day, so he was seated inside the resturant for the first time. The seating area much bigger than he thought (it takes up all of the old area, plus now the area where the service counters used to be).
DSC_0534_zps9afd0ywj.jpg

Beef Short Ribs - Herb-rubbed and Slow-cooked smothered with House-made Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables. This was something new that Figment wanted to try. The short rib was fork tender and had good flavor.
DSC_0543_zps5ihtvj11.jpg

DSC_0544_zps9gfftzip.jpg

Pork Spareribs - Spice-rubbed and Slow-cooked served with Signature Baked Beans and Mashed Potatoes. This is still the best option at RBT. The ribs are tender and juicy and the sauce is really good!
DSC_0539_zpsyl7fy2dm.jpg

Apple Cobbler - House-made Sweet Biscuit with Apple filling, topped with spiced Chantilly Crème. Because it was still raining outside, Figment opted to give dessert a try. The apple cobbler was very good. The apples were tender, but not mushy and the biscuit was slightly sweet.
DSC_0545_zpsy9muodwz.jpg

Bengal Barbeque, Dinner
BBQ Pork Belly Skewer - Grilled Pork Belly served on a "Boat" of Iceberg Lettuce, Topped with Hoisin Sauce, Pickled Carrots, Daikon, and Cilantro. Figment still really likes this skewer; the meat is very tender and very flavorful. The lettuce and slaw adds a nice crunch and contrasting flavor. The only problem is that some of the pieces are pretty fatty.
DSC_0359_zpse8baty1o.jpg

Jungle Julep - Tropical Slush with a Mixture of Grape, Orange, Pineapple, and Lemon. Grape, with an undertone of pineappple were the strongest flavors for this slushie. It's really good.
DSC_0357_zpsadn3iiwa.jpg

Jolly Holiday, Snack

Opera Cake - This is one of Figment's favorite items from Jolly Holiday. It's a very moist and very dense cake, with lots of different layers.
JH_OperaCake_zpske2jm2tl.jpg

Coffee Eclair (top) & Chocolate Eclair (bottom) - Two different eclairs were avialable this time. Both were very good.
JH_Eclairs_zpswcwsxmwc.jpg

Raspberry Rose Mickey Macaron - This is Figment's favorite macaron!
JH_Macaron01_zps0wwsyoqg.jpg

JH_Macaron02_zpsgyoddwa9.jpg

White Chocolate Mousse Whoopie Pie - Something new...
JH_WhoopiePie01_zpsynqjot2f.jpg

JH_WhoopiePie02_zpsmzx3s0te.jpg

Galactic Grill, Snack
Galactic Slush - Cosmic blue Slush with flavors of Pineapple and Lime. The slush was pretty good, but it stained everyone's teeth and tongues blue!
DSC_0440_zpsphrvth8s.jpg

Mint Julep Bar, Snack
Watermelon Chili-Lime Beignets - Watermelon glittered Powdered Sugar with mild Chili Pepper and Lime. These were surprisingly good. Figment was a little unsure about the chili-lime aspect, but they weren't that spicy (just a nice little kick).
DSC_0138_zpsc1colpt6.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean Stein - Another souvie item! This was originally released for the PotC's 50th anniversary (last year), but they had them back in stock. It's very detailed (and even features the soon-to-be-gone "We want the Red-Head" sequence.
DSC_0137_zpsywldnr1u.jpg

Figment's Spring Trip to Disneyland, Continued...(and finally finished...)

Schmoozies!, Snack
Make Mine Mocha - Frozen Chocolated Espresso topped with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings. This is a lot like the dark mocha frappicino at Starbucks!
AW_Mocha_zpswhk8lk7s.jpg

Lemon Zinger - Lemonade whirled with Peaches and Vanilla Ice Cream. This was something new. It was prety good, but a little hard to drink (a lot of the peach pieces were bigger than the straw).
AW_Lemon_zpsfyxmo3bi.jpg

Raspberry Whoopie Pie - Raspberry Whoopie Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream. Cake+Ice Cream=Yum! Figment could taste the rapsberry in the whoopie pie cake and the vanilla ice cream was creamy.
DSC_0303_zpsy6ve7baq.jpg

Award Wieners, Snack
Funnel Cake Fries - Funnel Fries tossed in Cinnamon Sugar, finished with Whipped Cream, Chocolate Sauce, and Vanilla Cream Sauce. These are still one of Figment's favorite snacks! They're so good!
FunnelCakeFries01_zpsduhnmq0i.jpg

FunnelCakeFries02_zpsxm9cyc0t.jpg

FunnelCakeFries03_zpss1vsffer.jpg

Coke Corner, Snack
Hot Dog - Late night snack...
DSC_0111_zpsmb2eoo7b.jpg

Yellow Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket - Another new souvie! For those that collect popcorn buckets, the Yellow one features just the Mickey face (opposed to the second version of the red/blue/purple balloon that had Mickey's face and the DLR banner). It was interesting, when the yellow bucket was available, that was pretty much the only one we saw (they pulled the red ones from the stands).
DSC_0183_zpsxpbu5yra.jpg

Candy Palace, Easter Egg Making! They made eggs on Tuesday (Chocolate Nut Fudge and Black Walnut Fudge) and the CMs said they would m make them again on Saturday (we left on Saturday, so I don't know which flavors they made).
EE01_zps61bfpum0.jpg

EE03_zps4cwlsh8i.jpg

EE02_zpsyglsdfss.jpg

EE04_zps3nmulsfc.jpg

EE05_zpst0gh8rn5.jpg

Treats and Sweets - These were items that Figment saw in the display cases around DLR, but he didn't try them.
Easter Apples
Treats01_zpspritkwbg.jpg

Treats06_zpslezhushi.jpg

Minnie & Sorcerer Mickey Apples
Treats07_zps4rd2ekng.jpg

March Gourmet Apple
Treats08_zpsqviymnpz.jpg

Hunny Pot & Apple Pie Apple
Treats16_zps4lc9tshh.jpg

Cake Pops
Treats02_zpsj2tclfxt.jpg

Crispy Rice Treats & Chocoalte Caramel Apples
Treats03_zpslyubfznt.jpg

Mickey Crispy Rice Treat
Treats09_zpsnibc9cdo.jpg

Candy & Chocolate Caramel Apples
Treats04_zpsuva4ipej.jpg

Display Case Full of Candy, Cupcakes, Caramel Apples, Cake Pops, and More
Treats11_zpsssg4t7xm.jpg

Treats12_zpsd7jlyxso.jpg

Treats13_zpsimhplcby.jpg

Scones
Treats05_zpsckh3fxud.jpg

Cheshire Tails
Treats10_zpsiodjtlbl.jpg

Tigger Tails
Treats18_zps3casfyfw.jpg

Animal Cookies
Treats14_zpsowwgw0me.jpg

Classic Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel

My mom, sister, and myself went to Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel this past Saturday. It was a long overdue birthday present for my mom's birthday in February... of last year! Yup, 14 months... I'm a crappy daughter! :o Anyways, it worked out because we timed it with Dapper Day weekend, so were able to check out the Expo, as well as dress fancy!

jBygav3.jpg

The menu:
Ao1Eapp.jpg
OihSvdY.jpg

We all went with the Premium tea, which adds the sparkling wine, salad, and truffles.

Mom and sister liked the sparkling wine!
ZYJOYBy.jpg

The salad was fine (I asked for dressing on the side), but basic. I'm not a fan of creamy dressings, and Green Goddess is a mix of mayonnaise, sour cream, chervil, chives, anchovy, tarragon, lemon juice, and pepper (via wikipedia). Mom and sister liked it though!
pSzWv8V.jpg

For tea, you each get a pot, and then can get a refill of other flavors. They also give you the choice of milk, half and half, soy milk, or almond milk. Honey is also provided, as well as sugar stirrers and packets of sugar substitutes. (A previous review said that they also had iced tea, but that wasn't provided as an option, and we didn't bother to ask.)
ClvvOuO.jpg

I got Eros (orange and vanilla), which I loved, as it was nice and sweet! I also got the Chakra Silver Tips, which was extremely mild (waitress had warned me, but I didn't listen), so really was more like watered down sugar-tea water, once I added the sugar stirrer!

Sister isn't a fan of floral or fruity teas, so she got Thunderbolt Darjeeling (stronger black tea), which she liked a lot. She also got the Perfect Afternoon. I think she preferred Thunderbolt though.

Mom got Shanghai Rose (Lychee and rose). I tried that and it was extremely floral; too much for me, so I actually poured the rest of it back into my mom's cup! She also got the Thunderbolt, because she liked the taste of my sister's.

For scones, everyone gets 2 mini scones: the Currant and the seasonal; for us the seasonal was Maple-Pecan. The currant was very good, not too sweet. My sister and I don't really like currants, but we both liked the scone. The Maple Pecan was too sweet for our tastes.
h4gyyh1.jpg
RT7iva6.jpg

When ordering, I had asked if I could substitute the kid's Chocolate Chip Scone for the adult options, and the waitress wasn't sure if that would be possible, as they make a limited amount of the chocolate chip, so need to make sure they keep enough kids ones left. It wasn't brought out with the main food tray, so we just assumed it wasn't possible, but turns out she forgot, so brought out one extra (super fresh and warm) near the end of our meal (without us asking). Sister and I shared it, and it was good, but we actually preferred the currant, as the chocolate chip was also maybe a bit too sweet and not quite scone texture. So, if you do feel like the chocolate chip, I'd recommend calling ahead the day before to request it!
fZ2eFVw.jpg

For sandwiches, they were traditional tea sandwiches. The cucumber maybe had too much butter for my tastes. I liked the Salmon the most. The tomato and mozzerella was actually on a hard toasted bread. (This is my mom's plate, and everyone gets one of each sandwich.)
RS6UA0z.jpg

Desserts were good, with lovely juicy chocolate covered strawberries and a buttery fruit tart. The macarons were basic, though I thought one was vanilla and turns out it was apple. We were very stuffed at the end though, so ended up taking most of the macarons home! One thing that does annoy me is how they don't provide 2 of each type of dessert. So between the three of us we had 1 dark chocolate strawberry and 2 white chocolate. Dark chocolate are definitely preferable, but I let sister have it. The white wasn't bad, by any means, but still not as good as dark chocolate. For macarons, we got 1 chocolate, 1 apple, 2 pistachio, and 2 lemon, so again, had to decide who got the chocolate (I won that battle). I wish they'd just provide the same dessert flavors for everyone.
FEDmomQ.jpg

Because it was in celebration of my mom's birthday, they brought out a Chocolate Mousse Mickey Dome, which was very nice and light!
ZmE24lk.jpg

And the truffles at the end turned out to be salted caramel and dark chocolate.
dl6IFMM.jpg
OH45J7D.jpg

All in all, it was a fun afternoon, but I don't feel the need to repeat it. There are better teas for cheaper closer to our house (the Sunday Chocolate Tea at the Langham in Pasadena is a standout). I will be getting tea at the Grand Floridian though in December, so it will be fun to compare!

Figment's Pixar Fest Trip to Disneyland
Pixar Fest has begun in Disneyland and Figment was lucky enough to be able to take a quick trip to DLR to experience as much of the festival as possible! There were parades, fireworks, and new foods to see and try!

The first part of the trip was with some friends, so Figment didn't get to go, but I think I can guess what he'd like :-)goodvibes).

Flo's V-8 Cafe, Lunch
Flo's is a nice place in Carsland to take a break and have a bite to eat.

Spit-fired Rotisserie Quarter Chicken - With Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Vegetables. The chicken was very moist and had good flavor, but on the small side (it's only a quarter of a chicken compared to the half chicken at French Market).
20180422_121612_zpskmzrxagl.jpg

BBQ Pork Ribs - House-made Coca-Cola® BBQ Sauce served with Mashed Potatoes and Signature Coleslaw. The ribs were fall of the bone tender. The sauce was sweet and slightly tangy (different flavor than the ribs at RBT).
20180422_121658_zpsvwof4puy.jpg

Cocina Cucamonga, Dinner
One of the places in the Pacific Wharf area, Cocina Cucamonga features Mexican food.

Achiote-marinated Half Chicken Plate - Citrus Achiote-marinated Half Chicken, Epazote Black Beans topped with Queso Fresco, Cilantro-Lime Rice and Corn Tortillas. The chicken was moist and a pretty good sized piece, but had a slight bite. The flavor was mostly on the skin and not really in the chicken meat. (The chicken from Flo's was better.)
20180422_202915_zpsauqizghh.jpg

Street Tacos Plate - Corn Tortilla Tacos with choice of Marinated Steak with Onions and Cilantro, served with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Epazote Black Beans and Queso Fresco. The tacos were surprisingly spicy (not to spicy, but more than expected).
20180422_202924_zpsz6sfy8bx.jpg

(Not pictured was the kid's Cheese Quesadilla meal. The quesadilla was surprisingly small, probably one 6" tortilla folded in half. You cannot add any protiens to the quesadilla. We would not order this again - especially for the price.)

French Market, Lunch
The French Market is a great place to have a relaxing lunch, while watching the hustle and bustle of New Orleans Square.

French Market Chicken - Southern-style Oven Roasted Half Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables. The chicken was very moist and flavorful. The flavor goes throughout the chicken. It's a half of a chicken, so a fairly good amount of food and quite easily shared.
20180423_113653_zpsk42nrmna.jpg

French Dip Sandwich - Thinly-sliced Roast Beef with Crispy Onion Straws and a Horseradish Mayonnaise on an Italian Sandwich Roll, with in-house Seasoned Chips and Au Jus. One of our favorite items at French Market. The sandwich has good flavor, but a little messy to eat!
20180423_113657_zpsjn7et8by.jpg

Figment's Pixar Fest Trip to Disneyland...Continued...

Alien Pizza Planet, Lunch
The Little Green Aliens from Toy Story have taken over Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. While the overlay isn't as impressive as Red Rose Taverne, it's still cute.

Cheeseburger Pizza - Ketchup, Yellow Mustard and Pizza Sauce on a Sesame-Seed crust with American and Cheddar Cheeses, Caramelized Onions, Diced Tomatoes and a Slider Patty, finished with a House-made Burger Sauce and Pickles. It was good to try new things, but Figment didn't really love this pizza. He'd prefer his cheeseburger as a cheeseburger and his pizza with more flavorful toppings. Alas, beef patties on pizza aren't as tasty as sausage.
DSC_0020_zpslsbwaini.jpg

DSC_0023_zps6dkbqitr.jpg

Antipasto Salad - Crisp Lettuce tossed in an Balsamic Vinaigrette topped with Pepperoni, Tomatoes, Mixed Olives, Pepperoncini, fresh Mozzarella, Roasted Red Pepper and Roasted Red Onions. This salad had a good amount of toppings on it, with pretty good flavor.
DSC_0025_zpsdbfslgjj.jpg

DSC_0028_zpswrpgaiev.jpg

Edamame-Noodle Salad - Grilled Chicken Breast atop Edamame, Sweet Green Beans, Mint, Cilantro, Red Cabbage, shredded Carrot, and Cold Soba Noodles in a Ginger-Lime Vinaigrette. This was one of Figment's favorite things at Pizza Planet. The salad was surprisingly good...lots of flavor!
DSC_0018_zpsaxvz8a6o.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsmqxb1sre.jpg

Green Alien Macaron - Lemon-Blackberry. This was so cute (and very yummy)! (Beware, they do sell out, so don't wait until the end of the day to get one.)
DSC_0014_zpsfurupwfq.jpg

Green Alien Parait - Vanilla-Blackberry. Another very cute Alien themed offering for Pixar Fest at Pizza Planet. The parait was pretty sweet, but still good. At first, Figment didn't notice that the layers represented the Alien's colors, but that's a cute touch.
DSC_0016_zpsc8jyh1xn.jpg

DSC_0032_zpsif3ramut.jpg

Cafe Orleans, Lunch
Cafe Orleans is still one of Figment's favorite places to have lunch. He requested a table by the rail so that he could watch the New Orleans Square and the Rivers of America while he dinee. There were already two "guests" on the patio when he was seated, probably hoping for someone to drop some pomme frites!
DSC_0268_zpsusvtxpx0.jpg

Cafe Orleans had both the normal a la carte menu (with some changes since March) and a special three-course prix fixe menu for Pixar Fest.
DSC_0271_zpssmfhx90n.jpg

DSC_0273_zpsnke3vfvj.jpg

Mint Julep - Figment's decided he likes the new mint julep recipe and continues to order it at Cafe Orleans.
DSC_0277_zpsnrpaxscg.jpg

N'awlins Gumbo - A rich, flavorful Stew with Chicken, Andouille Sausage and Tasso Ham served with Rice. The gumbo is back on the menu officially! No more vague "seasonal soup"! Figment was very happy to see the soup listed and it still as good as ever!
DSC_0299_zpsa5y8kpyg.jpg

DSC_0307_zps4dblnfuz.jpg

Seafood Gratin - Creamy blend of Lump Crab, Shrimp, Spinach, and creamy Tarragon Dressing served with Seasoned Croutons. It's had a lot of seafood mixed into a nice light broth. The toast points are great for soaking up the broth.
DSC_0302_zpskcjdqydb.jpg

DSC_0305_zpsw4uk1osm.jpg

Pommes Frites - Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade. A classic! Figment gets this every time he goes to Cafe Orleans. (Tip: ask for extra remoulade; it's really good!)
DSC_0280_zpshocrdzrd.jpg

Muffuletta Chopped Salad - Salami, Ham, Capicola, Provolone, Roasted Red Peppers, shaved Parmesan, Olives, Spring Mix, and Giardiniera with a Sherry Vinaigrette. This was something new for Figment, but unfortunately, there was way too much salad dressing. The meats were good, but the dressing made the lettuce soggy.
DSC_0295_zps0vhy8jpy.jpg

Prix Fixe Menu - Figment had to try the special three course meal being offered by Cafe Orleans. He ordered one for the table and everyone tried a little bit of each course.

Course 1: Specialty Cheese Flight - Fourme D'Ambert (Raw Cow's Milk Cheese), Bucheron (Mild Goat Cheese) and P'tit Basque (Hard Sheep's Milk Cheese) with Dried Fruit and Honeycomb. The cheeses and accompaniments were all pretty good.
DSC_0283_zpsvbv7m3e2.jpg

Course 2: Shrimp Ratatouille Byaldi - Layered with Roasted Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Eggplant, and Tomato. The ratatouille was pretty go look at and had pretty good flavor. Most all of the flavor was in the sauce. It was easiest to deconstruct the ratatouille and cut it into bite sized pieces. The shrimp were cooked nicely (not over-done).
DSC_0290_zpsy96lxnkr.jpg

DSC_0292_zpsvprouowm.jpg

Course 3: Berry-stuffed Beignets à la Mode - Served with Sweet Brie Drizzle and Mascarpone. The berry-stuffed beignets were good. The beignets tasted like the Mickey ones, but were a little bigger than a golfball. The filling was sweet, but not overly so. A great ending to the meal!
DSC_0310_zpsjdextptk.jpg

DSC_0315_zpszz7coek4.jpg

Cove Bar, Dinner
Figment made one last trip to the Cove Bar before it closes to make way for Lamplight Lounge. It looked much the same in March, with screens all around.

Sparkling NO-Jito - Fresh Lime Juice, Agave Nectar, and Mint topped with Soda Water. Figment liked this drink last time, so he got it again. Alas, this time it wasn't as good; way too tart.
DSC_0346_zpsv9d9hxk8.jpg

Bloody Mary - The Cove Bar makes a pretty good Bloody Mary.
DSC_0343_zpsgl7v5prw.jpg

Tuna Poke - Yellowfin Tuna "Rice Bowl" with Compressed Watermelon, Edamame, Avocado, Shishito Peppers and Spiced Mango Nectar. Figment has recently discovered poke and he wanted to give this one a try. It was really good! Lots of flavor and he especially liked the watermelon pieces. It was slightly spicy, but had great flavor and texture (the "rice bowl" was fun to break open).
DSC_0348_zps9gmsln9q.jpg

DSC_0350_zps6k1rnmvx.jpg

Then you take the big spoon they give you to crack the "rice bowl" into pieces!
DSC_0354_zpsbvr0ljdj.jpg

DSC_0361_zpss0yrnqmq.jpg

DSC_0363_zpsnwi8el4f.jpg

CB Lobster Nachos - Tender Lobster Pieces atop fresh House-made Tortilla Chips with Black Beans, Pico de Gallo, Chipotle Crèma, and our Signature Aged Cheddar and Oaxaca Cheese Sauce. Lobster Nachos! These are still Figment's favorite thing at the Cove Bar. So good! (He hopes that they mean it when they say the Lobster Nachos will be on the Lamplight menu!)
DSC_0357_zpslzxdzfas.jpg

DSC_0360_zps6iqihrac.jpg

Red Rose Taverne, Dinner
The Red Rose Taverne is not as busy any more (no more Rose Tumblers), but it still has a good menu with some pretty unique items. With all of the construction going on for Dumbo's new queue, it's pretty quiet back in that part of Fantasyland.

Beast's Burger - 1/3 lb Angus Beef Patty, Slow-cooked Beef, Gruyère Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce, Tomato, and Horseradish Aïoli on a Toasted Roll, served with Pommes Frites. Figment still likes this burger and the fries that come with it (if only they had the remoulade from Cafe Orleans!).
DSC_0136_zpskh5quuy3.jpg

Slow-Cooked Beef Poutine - Slow-Cooked Beef and Gravy over Seasoned Waffle-cut Fries, Pickled Onion and Cheese Curds. This is still Figment's favorite dish at the Red Rose Tarverne!
DSC_0135_zpsfimo3enu.jpg

Jolly Holiday, Snack
Jolly Holiday is one of Figment's favorite places to get a snack (or meal), take a break, and watch Main Street. It's also a nice places to watch the parade from (as long as you don't mind a partially blocked view).

Rose Gold Minnie Macaron - Lemon buttercream with raspberry preserve. This was something new...and it was really good! The lemon buttercream was sweet and the raspberry added a nice tart element. (But beware, they sell out really early!)
20180423_150525_zpsdezavz79.jpg

Albacore Tuna Melt on Sourdough - Celery, Red Onion, Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, and Cheddar Cheese served with House Chips. One of the few tuna sandwiches that Figment likes; this was is very yummy.
20180423_151440_zpsjv3fhpqn.jpg

Jolly Holiday Salad - Mixed Greens, Spiced Pecans, Feta, Tomatoes, Dried Cranberries and Raspberry Vinaigrette served with a fresh Breadstick. Figment really likes this salad. The pecans and the dried cranberries are his favorite parts!
20180423_151458_zpslr9aj5rp.jpg

PB&J Eclair - The eclair is filled with peanut butter creme and jelly (grape?) and decorated with badges from Up. The eclair was very sweet, but still good.
20180423_151630_zpsukgttlhr.jpg

Chocolate Potato Chip Donut - Chocolate donut with chocolate covered house-made chips. This was something new for Figment. It was a pretty standard donut. The chocolate covered chips were interesting. It's always fun to try new things, but given how many other things there are at Jolly Holiday, Figment probably wouldn't order this again.
20180423_215751_zpsc1rkpqwh.jpg

Adventure Tart - Chocolate hazelnut filling, inspired by the movie UP. This was like two pieces of shortbread with a chocolate hazelnut filling. It was really good!
20180423_215923_zpscqhh39a5.jpg

Opera Cake - This is one of Figment's favorite items from Jolly Holiday. It's a very moist and very dense cake, with lots of different layers.
DSC_0388_zpsjftiwrad.jpg

Mint Julep Bar, Snack
Strawberry Beignets - The specialty beignets were dusted with strawberry powder this time! They had a very strong strawberry flavor, but were quite good.
20180424_114057_zpsice9es4k.jpg

Schmoozies!, Snack
Schmoozies seems to be one of the go to places in DCA for seasonal and event-focused treats. This time there was a new whoopie pie and a new shake (made with ice cream!).

Whoopie Pie - Filled with Birthday Cake Ice Cream. This was another cute offering for Pixar Fest. Figment likes the ice cream macarons better, but this was still tasty. They were very popular and selling quickly!
20180424_161605_zps88mcmy2t.jpg

20180424_161612_zpswxtjv230.jpg

Mint Chip Shake - This was a pretty typical mint chip shake that looked good initially, but once the colors begin to melt together, it takes on a weird, brownish-tone.
DSC_0057_zpskqnpdpei.jpg

Stage Door Cafe, Snack
Berry Funnel Cake - House-made Funnel Cake topped with Blueberries, Strawberries, Chocolate Cookie Crumbles, Crème Anglaise, White Chocolate, gold-dusted Whipped Cream. Another Pixar Fest snack! This one was a funnel cake topped with strawberries and blueberries. The blueberries were in an odd blue-colored sauce, but other than that, this was a pretty yummy treat! It's definately big enough to share.
DSC_0318_zps8igc0kyj.jpg

Lucky Fortune Cookery, Snack
Chilled Noodle Salad - Chilled Iridescent Noodles, Herbaccous Preserved Plants, Sweet & Spicy Vinaigreete, Crushed and Toasted Peanuts with Mint, Thai Basil, Shreeded Diakon and Carrots. Figment actually liked the salad, but he had more fun playing with the noodles and making them change colors. Despite the Parks Blog posting, nothing on the signage actually mentioned that the noodles changed colors. It could have used a little more lime pieces so that all of the noodles could be made into a bright pink (although, the flavor might be a bit to lime-y at that point).
DSC_0324_zpsooihczoy.jpg

DSC_0325_zpszhsfjecs.jpg

DSC_0339_zpsvt54eiaz.jpg

The blue color is how the noodle starts. If you mix it with the salad dressing, it turns a light purple color (upper left). If you mix it with the lime juice, it turns to a bright pink (upper right). It was pretty fun!
DSC_0334_zpspkyxxsrb.jpg

(Note: For more information on color changing noodles, including instructions on how to make them at home, see the posting in Figment's Pixar Fest Trip Report thread)

Coke Corner, Snack
Chili Cheese Dog - with a small bag of Chips. There was just no way to make this hot dog photo look good...the hot dog was messy. Good, but very messy.
20180423_202243_zpslubcoutt.jpg

Mac & Cheese Dog - topped with Bacon Bits and includes a small bag of Chips. Also very messy to eat. It's the standard kid's mac & cheese and tasted better eaten seperately from the hot dog. Very messy...
20180423_202319_zpsmvykc9yq.jpg

(A comment on another post reminded me that I hadn't finished posting the photos and reviews from the Pixar Fest trip back in April!)

Bengal Barbecue, Snack
This is a good place to grab a light lunch or a snack. The new(ish) indoor(ish) seating area is a nice place to relax, enjoy a bite to eat, and watch Adventureland.

Kalua Pork Sandwich - Shredded Pork, Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa and Spicy Hoisin Sauce on a sweet Hawaiian Bun, served with Pasta Salad and Maui-Onion Potato Chips. Sadly, Figment was disappointed with this sandwhich. It didn't have very much flavor.

Pork Belly Skewer - Grilled Pork Belly with Hoisin Sauce, Pickled Carrots and Daikon topped with Cilantro. This is still Figment's favorite item at Bengal Barbecue.
IMG_2237_zpsxsxa2elf.jpg

River Belle Terrace, Lunch
This is another one of Figment's go to TS locations.

Pork Spareribs - Spice-rubbed and Slow-cooked served with Tater Tots and Cole Slaw. This is still the best option at RBT. The ribs are tender and juicy and the sauce is really good!
IMG_2241_zpssoh8xpf0.jpg

Carnation Cafe, Dinner
Carnation Cafe is another one of Figment's favorite table service locations in DLR. In good weather he likes to sit outside and watch what's happening on Main Street. In colder/wet weather, he likes to sit inside. The weather was nice, so it was good to eat outside.

The Carl - Pan-seared Bologna, Toasted Pullman Bread, Aïoli, Pickles, Lettuce, and Tomato. This was something new for Figment and special for Pixar Fest. The meat was about 3/4 inch thick, with lots of mustard. The bologna kind of reminded Figment of hot dog, but it was milder in flavor and softer in texture. Overall it was good, but probably not something Figment would order again (he still likes the meatloaf better).
IMG_2247_zpsjvz0i5jj.jpg

Romaine Salad with Shrimp - Succulent Shrimp, Romaine, Avocado, Tomatoes, and Hickory-smoked Bacon, with creamy Ranch. This is still on of Figment's favorite salads.
IMG_2249_zpsqsnkymqf.jpg

Red Rose Taverne, Breakfast
Red Rose Taverne now features breakfast!

Mickey-shaped Pancake - with Bacon and fresh Berries. The all important Mickey pancake made it to the Red Rose most importantly, but without the parts that added the face. It was really quite filling; the pancake is very fluffy!
IMG_2234_zpsyd44xppn.jpg

Buttermilk Pancake Platter - Three fluffy Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs and Bacon. The pancakes were really fluffy!
IMG_2230_zps2dsoi8if.jpg

Coke Corner, Snack
Pastrami Dog - All-Beef Hot Dog, Pastrami, Sauerkraut, Special Sauce, Dill Pickle Spear, and Chives on an Artisan Bun. Good, but very messy.
IMG_2253_zpsqw65mfge.jpg

Last edited:
Figment's Pixar Fest Trip to Disneyland...Finished...

Treats and Sweets
These are items that are avaialble at the carts and candy shops throughout the resort. Some Figment got to try, others he just looked at.

Iced Specialty Churro - drizzled with doughnut icing and dusted with cocoa cereal. This churro was available at the Churro Cart in a bug's land. The cocoa ceral (looked and tasted like cocoa crispies) added a nice crunch to the churro. The icing was sweet, but not over-powering. Figgy liked this churro.
20180422_182112_zpsxkkrb61c.jpg

20180422_182129_zpsyhhhknbr.jpg

Finding Nemo Caramel Apples - Dory and Nemo caramel apples were available at Marceline's in DTD.
P1000790_zpsreorokww.jpg

P1000798_zpset4ro0js.jpg

P1000815_zpskq1xtyrg.jpg

Little Green Alien Caramel Apples - These were available at the Candy Palace on Main Street. Thees were being made at Marceline's. Finished ones were on display in the Candy Place (three photos down).
P1000797_zpsnrib46un.jpg

Lightning McQueen & Mater Caramel Apples - Lightning McQueen and Mater were also available as a cramel apple.
P1000816_zpscfpszr2l.jpg

DSC_0122_zpsipsqzzie.jpg

Buttercup Caramel Apples - Buttercup, the Unicorn from Toy Story 3, was also available as a caramel apple at the Candy Palace.
P1000819_zpsd0nyfyw7.jpg

Minnie & Apple Pie Spice Caramel Apples
DSC_0125_zpsvomvhv2a.jpg

Finding Nemo Cake Pops
DSC_0111_zps16x1sp0n.jpg

DSC_0112_zpszjmibdkh.jpg

DSC_0118_zpsp0t2iwhk.jpg

Luxo Ball and Grape Soda Badge Cake Pops
DSC_0121_zpsamhv3woy.jpg

Mickey & Minnie Cake Pops
DSC_0124_zpsn48kx6e4.jpg

Mike Wasoski & M&Ms Rice Crispie Treats
DSC_0126_zpsaq0iq1mg.jpg

Mickey Shaped Scones
DSC_0129_zps361h5ugr.jpg

Cheshire Tails & Marshmallow Wands
DSC_0249_zpsfjdptfxs.jpg

Display Case
DSC_0248_zpspgkejxgq.jpg

DSC_0250_zpsnrcles25.jpg

Coke Corner, Snack
Pastrami Dog - All-Beef Hot Dog, Pastrami, Sauerkraut, Special Sauce, Dill Pickle Spear, and Chives on an Artisan Bun. Good, but very messy.
IMG_2253_zpsqw65mfge.jpg

Figment. do you know if is this a new menu item or just a temporary item for pixar fest? What is the special sauce like? is it spicy? or like thousand island?

If I remember correctly, it was on a sign board for Pixar Fest, but I wouldn't be surprised if it stuck around for a bit. Coke Corner usually has one seasonal/specialty hot dog offering and it doesn't necessarily change that often. In terms of the special sauce, I'm drawing a bit of a blank right now, but I don't recall it being spicy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter