My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Love all the food updates! Figment is thorough and looks great in the pix :)

Any chance Figment is going to hit up the parks for Food & Wine in early March? Or earlier to check out the Get Your Ears on treats?
Thanks! Figment is hoping to get to the F&W Festival, but it probably won't be until mid-April. He's heading east for a bit to visit Disney World for the Flower & Garden Festival (and he just got back from a short trip to check out the Festival of the Arts). I'll be posting photos from those festivals on the WDW board if anyone is curious to see what Epcot's Festivals are like! :goodvibes

Figment’s 2018 Holiday Celebration (November-December 2018), Continued...

Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, Dinner
Figment rarely eats at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, but he was nearby checking out Viva Navidad and was a bit hungry.

Italian Chef Salad - Salami, Capocollo, fresh Mozzarella, Pepperoncini, Roasted Red Peppers, Marinated Olives, Cucumbers, Tomatoes and fresh Greens with a Red Wine Vinaigrette. This kind of reminded him of the Italian salad at Alien's Pizza Planet. It had a pretty good amount of toppings.
DSC_0706_zpsnkzdpnia.jpg

Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake - This reminded Figment a lot of the pumpkin cheesecake being served at Jolly Holiday during HalloweenTime. It was very smooth and creamy.
DSC_0707_zpsgbx7jn8j.jpg

Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Treats, Snack
Having ice cream, even when it's cold outside, it always fun at Disneyland. We learned at the regular sundaes come with two scoops of ice cream, but the Minnie sundae has three!

The Oswald Sundae - scoops of Mocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream topped with Whipped Cream, Hot Fudge, Chocolate Morsels, Cherries, and Chocolate-dipped Frozen Bananas. This is one of Figment's favorite ice cream sundae! And now they have the Minnie Skirt Sink container to go with the Mickey Pants Sink contianer!
Clarabelles_Minnie2_zpshyzmfrpg.jpg

Strawberry Sundae - scoops of Strawberry Ice Cream served with Strawberry Sauce, Whipped Cream and a Cherry. This is Figment's other favorite sundae.
Clarabelles_Minnie_zpsxtyimoud.jpg

Clarabelles_Strawberry_zpsn5l5n1pt.jpg

Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Sundae - Scoops of Chocolate and Peppermint Ice Cream in a Candy Cane Premium Waffle Cup, topped with Whipped Cream, Chocolate-dipped Cookies and Crushed Peppermint. This was one of the seasonal offerings at Clarabelle's. Figment really liked the sundae; lots of peppermint and chocolate flavors!
Clarabelles_Peppermint_zps3mybadx3.jpg

Cafe Orleans, Lunch

Mint Julep - Still Figment's go-to-drink at Cafe Orleans!
CO_MintJulep_zpsanzht2ej.jpg

Pommes Frites - traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade. This is Figment's favorite appetizer at Cafe Orleans. So yummy, especially with the remoulade!
CO_Soup_zpsanjghl7v.jpg

Corn and Crab Chowder - The seasonal soup is still the Corn & Crab Chowder. While Figment misses the Gumbo, he does like the chowder. It was a very rich soup, but had really good flavor. There were fresh corn kernels and lots of crab.
CO_Pomme_zpsxorh2tsc.jpg

Seafood Gratin - Lump Crab, Shrimp, Spinach, and creamy Tarragon Dressing served with Seasoned Croutons. Still one of Figment's appetizers. Lots of seafood mixed into a light sauce.
CO_Gratin_zpskuuecurr.jpg

Braised Beef and Grits - Braised Beef served atop Cheese Grits, Caramelized Onions, Pickled Radish and served with Salsa Verde. This was one of the seasonal dishes for Cafe Orleans. The beef was fork tender and had a really rich flavor. The grits were very smooth (not at all gritty) and complemented the saltiness of the beef.
CO_Beef_zpsy1lih1pc.jpg

Santa's Lumps of Coal Beignets - Peppermint Mocha stuffed Beignets, topped with Peppermint Ice Cream. This was the seasonal dessert at Cafe Orleans. It was a cute idea, but maybe because the beignets were stuffed with ice cream, they were a bit denser than a normal beignet (they reminded Figment of a donut hole). It was a cute presentation, but from a flavor profile, it might have been better to have regular beignets with peppermint ice cream on the side.
CO_LumpsCoal_zpsldrwxnu2.jpg

Cozy Cones, Snack
Santa Cone Hat Macaron - with Cookies 'n Cream Filling. The filling was very sweet and reminded Figment of an Oreo cookie.
DSC_0240_zpsnyril0fw.jpg

Golden Horseshoe
Churro Sundae - Peppermint Ice Cream and Cajeta-filled Churro, garnished with Chocolate Brownie Crumble, Chocolate Sauce and Whipped Cream. Both of the seasonal sundaes at the Golden Horseshoe have been really good. This one featured peppermint ice cream and chocolate!
Golden_ChurroSundae_zps0abkkq3z.jpg

I love your posts and I love Figment! Do you hand craft all his outfits?
I use the keychain/ornament ear hat as the base and then cover that with felt, paint, and other embellishments. Some of his clothes are from dolls, but I sew the vests. It's fun trying to find design ideas that fit with the theme/event of the trip. Thanks!

Figment’s 2019 Trip to a Galaxy Far Far Away
Figment and his family went to Disneyland to check out Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge during the very end of the reservation period (end of June). Figment's family is split between someone who's a casual Star Wars fan and someone who has only seen a couple of the movies! Of course, no trip to Black Spire Outpost would be complete without trying the food! We had an early dinner at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo where we basically tried almost everything on the menu. :)
image013_zpsf9wdyxho.jpg

image021_zps69wtkew2.jpg

Moof Juice - Simply Fruit Punch®, Simply Orange® with Pineapple, Chipotle-Pineapple. The drink was okay, but not too memorable.
image028_zpsawtmnh5d.jpg

Phattro - Gold Peak® Unsweetened Tea, Odwalla® Lemonade, Desert Pear. This one was kind of bland.
image027_zpscfaeopaf.jpg

Braised Shaak Roast - Beef Pot Roast, Cavatelli Pasta, Wilted Kale, Mushrooms. This was one of our favorite dishes! It's bascially pot roast with pasta, but it had really good flavor.
image024_zpsoazkex2n.jpg

Smoked Kaadu Ribs - Sticky Pork Ribs, Blueberry Corn Muffin, Cabbage Slaw. This was also pretty good. It reminded us of the ribs from RBT (in terms of flavor). The slaw was good too!
image023_zpsute5vuif.jpg

Roasted Endorian Tip-yip Salad - Marinated Chicken, Mixed Greens, Roasted Seasonal Vegetables, Quinoa, and Pumpkin Seeds, tossed in Green Curry Ranch. This was probably the least sucessful of the entrees. The dressing was kind of bland and the chicken didn't really have much flavor. Figment probably wouldn't order this again.
image022_zpsyoczmn0l.jpg

Yobshrimp Noodle Salad - Chilled Shrimp, Marinated Noodles, Vegetables, Cilantro. Oh my...this salad was spicy! The salad would have been better if it had a been a bit fresher (the marinated noodles had dried out a bit), but boy was it spicy!
image021_zps0ahr64a8.jpg

Oi-oi Puff - Raspberry Cream Puff, Passion Fruit Mousse. Slightly tart, but light and refreshing. Figment liked this dessert!
image026_zpsw8vlypvl.jpg

Batuu-bon - Chocolate Cake, White Chocolate Mousse, Coffee Custard. This was probably the best thing at Docking Bay 7! It was very rich, but very good!
image025_zpsul7qfiix.jpg

Ronto Roasters, Dinner
We augmented the food from Docking Bay 7 with a wrap and drink from Ronto Roasters.
image018_zpsd1tzckds.jpg

Ronto Wrap and Meiloorun Juice - Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce, tangy Slaw, wrapped in Pita. Barrilitos® Aguas Frescas Pineapple, Simply Lemonade® with Blueberry, White Cranberry Juice, Lemon Juice, and Desert Pear. The wrap was pretty good, but we were getting pretty full at this point. The drink was our favorite. It was slightly tart and very refreshing!
image031_zps7dkhqwwg.jpg

Ronto Wrap & Sour Sarlacc - Minute Maid® Limeade with Raspberry and spicy Mango. Another one of the drink options. It was also good, but not super memorable.
image030_zpsgbw7i2v9.jpg

Kat Saka's Kettle
The last food item we tried was the popcorn from Kat Saka's Kettle. It was interestingly colored popcorn with a vaugely fruity flavor. Figment couldn't really tell the difference because the different colored popcorn (the spicy one wasn't noticably spicy). It was okay, but regular popcorn is better!
image020_zps0ulgexww.jpg

Thermal Detonator Drinks
While the drinks themselves tasted the same (Coke, Sprite, and Diet Coke), the bottles are pretty cool!
20190716_073103_zpscnb4iz2h.jpg

Figment’s 2019 Trip to a Galaxy Far Far Away
Figment and his family went to Disneyland to check out Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge during the very end of the reservation period (end of June). Figment's family is split between someone who's a casual Star Wars fan and someone who has only seen a couple of the movies! Of course, no trip to Black Spire Outpost would be complete without trying the food! We had an early dinner at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo where we basically tried almost everything on the menu. :)
image013_zpsf9wdyxho.jpg

image021_zps69wtkew2.jpg

Moof Juice - Simply Fruit Punch®, Simply Orange® with Pineapple, Chipotle-Pineapple. The drink was okay, but not too memorable.
image028_zpsawtmnh5d.jpg

Phattro - Gold Peak® Unsweetened Tea, Odwalla® Lemonade, Desert Pear. This one was kind of bland.
image027_zpscfaeopaf.jpg

Braised Shaak Roast - Beef Pot Roast, Cavatelli Pasta, Wilted Kale, Mushrooms. This was one of our favorite dishes! It's bascially pot roast with pasta, but it had really good flavor.
image024_zpsoazkex2n.jpg

Smoked Kaadu Ribs - Sticky Pork Ribs, Blueberry Corn Muffin, Cabbage Slaw. This was also pretty good. It reminded us of the ribs from RBT (in terms of flavor). The slaw was good too!
image023_zpsute5vuif.jpg

Roasted Endorian Tip-yip Salad - Marinated Chicken, Mixed Greens, Roasted Seasonal Vegetables, Quinoa, and Pumpkin Seeds, tossed in Green Curry Ranch. This was probably the least sucessful of the entrees. The dressing was kind of bland and the chicken didn't really have much flavor. Figment probably wouldn't order this again.
image022_zpsyoczmn0l.jpg

Yobshrimp Noodle Salad - Chilled Shrimp, Marinated Noodles, Vegetables, Cilantro. Oh my...this salad was spicy! The salad would have been better if it had a been a bit fresher (the marinated noodles had dried out a bit), but boy was it spicy!
image021_zps0ahr64a8.jpg

Oi-oi Puff - Raspberry Cream Puff, Passion Fruit Mousse. Slightly tart, but light and refreshing. Figment liked this dessert!
image026_zpsw8vlypvl.jpg

Batuu-bon - Chocolate Cake, White Chocolate Mousse, Coffee Custard. This was probably the best thing at Docking Bay 7! It was very rich, but very good!
image025_zpsul7qfiix.jpg

Ronto Roasters, Dinner
We augmented the food from Docking Bay 7 with a wrap and drink from Ronto Roasters.
image018_zpsd1tzckds.jpg

Ronto Wrap and Meiloorun Juice - Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce, tangy Slaw, wrapped in Pita. Barrilitos® Aguas Frescas Pineapple, Simply Lemonade® with Blueberry, White Cranberry Juice, Lemon Juice, and Desert Pear. The wrap was pretty good, but we were getting pretty full at this point. The drink was our favorite. It was slightly tart and very refreshing!
image031_zps7dkhqwwg.jpg

Ronto Wrap & Sour Sarlacc - Minute Maid® Limeade with Raspberry and spicy Mango. Another one of the drink options. It was also good, but not super memorable.
image030_zpsgbw7i2v9.jpg

Kat Saka's Kettle
The last food item we tried was the popcorn from Kat Saka's Kettle. It was interestingly colored popcorn with a vaugely fruity flavor. Figment couldn't really tell the difference because the different colored popcorn (the spicy one wasn't noticably spicy). It was okay, but regular popcorn is better!
image020_zps0ulgexww.jpg

Thermal Detonator Drinks
While the drinks themselves tasted the same (Coke, Sprite, and Diet Coke), the bottles are pretty cool!
20190716_073103_zpscnb4iz2h.jpg

I should've known we could count on you!

Thanks for posting these great pics!

I like sour apple in general. I wish these had a bit more of the sour apple flavoring in them. The apple flavor was very subtle (although, if you ate one of the green crystals by itself, it was pretty tart). It was mostly sugary sweet, with a slight tartness. I'd be willing to eat them again, but I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to get them.

Halloween Foods, Treats, and Yummies with Figment
It's always fun to visit Disneyland Resort during HalloweenTime. Along with the decorations are the seasonal foods! Some are repeats from previous years, some are new.

Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
Clarabelle's has a number of different HalloweenTime offerings. Unfortunately, you cannot get the purple poison apple stein with the HalloweenTime sundae (Boogie Man), but you can add it to any of the regular sundaes.

Boogie Man Sundae - Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, Chocolate Cookie Crumbles, and Gummy Candies in a Chocolate-dipped Waffle Bowl. Ice cream is always yummy! (The gummy worms, while looking great on the sundae, do tend to get hard if left on the ice cream to long.)
image019_zpstjdnawmo.jpg

Spider Silk Macaron Sandwich - Black Macaron with Charcoal-Tart Cherry Ice Cream topped with Popping Candy and drops of Raspberry Sauce. This is a repeat from the last several years, but it's still a really good option. The cherry flavor in the ice cream isnt' really strong, but it's still yummy.
image010_zpsyninguas.jpg

Strawberry Sundae - Strawberry Ice Cream served in a Waffle Cup topped with Strawberry Sauce, Whipped Cream and a Cherry. This is one of the regular sundaes at Clarabelle's! Messy, but good.
image009_zps8rcqct7q.jpg

Smokejumpers Gill
Green Apple Spell Lemonade - Lemonade with Sour Green Apple Syrup, Cherry Popping Pearls and Raspberry Sauce Drops. The green apple flavor was very subtle (the drink mostly tasted like lemonade). The popping boba was fun to eat, but weren't quite the right size for the straw (despite using the boba straw, the boba kept getting stuck in the straw!).
image018_zpsdlv99dei.jpg

Stage Door Cafe
Apple Pie Funnel Cake - Freshly made Funnel Cake topped with Apple Pie Filling, Cajeta, Streusel, Whipped Cream, and Holiday Sprinkles. This was very yummy! Huge, but so yummy!
image030_zpsu9mwwxdk.jpg

Cafe Orleans
Cafe Orleans remains one of Figment's favorite TS locations in DLR. It's had a great combination of good food and great views of NOS.
The Menu
image031_zpsr6rqjv20.jpg

Mint Julep - Still one of Figment's favorite drinks at DLR.
image032_zpstgnqduvh.jpg

Seafood Gratin - Lump Crab, Shrimp, Spinach, and creamy Tarragon Dressing served with Seasoned Croutons. This is still one of Figment's favorite dishes at Cafe Orleans.
image033_zpshtsbkdnk.jpg

Gumbo - The gumbo is back! It's still just as good as Figment remembers!
image034_zps3ekdldl3.jpg

Haunted Mansion 50th - Sarah 'Sally' Slater's Swamp Fries - Crawfish Étouffée atop Sweet Potato Fries with Chorizo, Clams, Tomatoes, Sweet Corn and Green Onion. Alas, this was not one of the more successful items that Figment's tried. He's not a huge fan of sweet potato fries, but it wasn't possible to substitute the regular fries for the sweet potato ones. The topping was very spicy.
image035_zpsmvhfqwv1.jpg
[/I]

Thanks for sharing! The Swamp Fries were intriguing to me, but I didn't get a chance to sample last visit. I agree about wanting to swap sweet potato fries out for regular ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter