~MY~ Disney's Finding Nemo HOMESCHOOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The desks look great. Obviously a lot of work went into them! Well done.

I have never homeschooled, so I am unfamiliar with what is "in" (I do teach in a conventional high school, though)...but why are the desks facing the wall? Is that where your kids will go when they are bad?

They look great. I was thinking of doing something similar with my boys for homework. We don't homeschool, but may in the future when my babies are a little older.

I love the Nemo theme!

And I think the reason they are up to the wall is to give space, when sitting in them, I think they will pull them away from the wall to use. Just pushed up to the wall to give more room in the middle of the room.

WOW! I love all your pics!

Great job on everything! and for the record- I think it's pretty spectacular what you did with those chairs. Your kids will love it. Even if you only painted them and slapped some stickers on them, it's the fact that you did it! :banana:

no advice, but where oh where did you find the old style school desks???? would love to get some for us.

My MIL purchased us a bunch of desk (well, 3) when we began homeschooling. It was really impractical....after all we were trying to get away from the public school feel, so we all moved to the dining room table and the desks had to go.

You can usually find them at old antique shops though, and they aren't expensive, I think she paid maybe 10.00 each?

I love to look at everything you do to your house though....makes me want to get out the paint and try to Disney'ize my house :)

Tell your wife I'm sorry that the acrylic messed them up.....but they look great...just crud that she had to do them twice :( I'm sure you're kids will LOVE them though, how festive to do your work in such a happy home and happy colorful desk.

This is more to the homeschool aspect of your post (because your house looks great!). I really hope you take this as constructive criticism instead of just...well, criticism:

I am always frustrated by homeschool "teachers" who teach their kids poor grammar and spelling because they themselves do not know any better. Is it possible that your grammatical and spelling errors are just because you are posting quickly? If so, then I apologize.

If not, maybe you would consider taking a few English courses before you teach your children. Another option would be to switch off with another homeschool teacher in your area who may have a more thorough grasp. In my area, many homeschool teachers "trade" subjects (e.g. she teaches your kids English and you teach math or science). Not everyone is proficient in everything. You would be doing your children/students a huge favor.

Good luck.

This is more to the homeschool aspect of your post (because your house looks great!). I really hope you take this as constructive criticism instead of just...well, criticism:

I am always frustrated by homeschool "teachers" who teach their kids poor grammar and spelling because they themselves do not know any better. Is it possible that your grammatical and spelling errors are just because you are posting quickly? If so, then I apologize.

If not, maybe you would consider taking a few English courses before you teach your children. Another option would be to switch off with another homeschool teacher in your area who may have a more thorough grasp. In my area, many homeschool teachers "trade" subjects (e.g. she teaches your kids English and you teach math or science). Not everyone is proficient in everything. You would be doing your children/students a huge favor.

Good luck.

This is just a message board.. I'm sure the posts were written quickly .

Furthermore, the quotations you placed around "teachers" is rude. Homeschool parents aren't pretending to be teaching their children- they are teaching their children.
Frankly, I can't tell you how many public school teachers also have this problem, so it isn't specific to homeschooling (and I notice it on this board whenever threads about teaching come up). Instead of pointing out their mistakes (which would be rude and off-topic), I bite my tongue.
I remember noticing my teachers' mistakes while I was in high school, and I was in one of the state's best districts :eek: Talk about frustrating!

Good luck.

:confused3 Not a homeschooler but I'd say that I don't worry about grammar and spelling when I am on the net. I usually type the way I think which is oftentimes not grammatically correct! I also gathered that the OP's wife does the teaching, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter