My evening at the ER

Krisu

Meeska, mooska, Mouseketeer, Mousecartoon time now
DS complained of a headache which is unusual, promptly went to his room and napped in the AC. Woke up 2 hours later crying from the pain. This in itself frightened me since I haven't seen him cry in years. Promptly went to ER where he told them pain was 8 1/2 on the scale of 1-10. They gave him Toradol and Phenergan IV then hooked up saline drip. CT of the head done and labs were drawn. Everything came back negative:D Kept him til IV done and we were home by midnight. He went to bed (after we had to stop at Wendy's late night window) I guess the point of the story is as I'm sure most DIS'ers know, you think you're going to have a quiet night at home.........think again!!!

Sounds a bit like my ER visit of a few weeks back, Kris. Glad to hear all seems negative and most likely just a severe headache, scary as that can be. {{Hugs}}. Hope that Wendy's tasted good. :)

Kids!! Gotta love 'em and the stress they cause!! Glad he is doing okay!!

Glad DS is ok. Maybe a migraine? That causes me to cry occasionally and, I'm an adult. He might not feel so good tomorrow even if the headache's gone. I call it "migraine hangover". :(

I guess the point of the story is as I'm sure most DIS'ers know, you think you're going to have a quiet night at home.........think again!!!
I hear ya! Why DO they always endanger themselves/get sick at night? I always think about 'being ready' but, if it ever happens, I know I'll be in my jammies! :rolleyes:

{{HUGS}}

Yikes! Those late night ER visits can be very scary! I'm glad to hear he is feeling well enough to go home and everything seems to be okay. :) Best wishes to your DH. :)

Wow! I'm glad everything came back negative and he's home. Give him plenty of fluids.

YIKES. I just detest the waiting that comes with going to the ER. I swear someone could die waiting for care up here at the ER. But good to hear he's ok....

Poor thing. I'm sure glad the tests didn't show anything bad wrong. Sorry you had to spend your evening in the ER, though. Relax now and get some rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter