My experience getting a discount for a room at the Disneyland Paris Hotel...

Capwkidd

Mouseketeer
I had been agonizing over paying $1,500 for 2 nights at the DLP hotel.... As I watched all the other hotels get booked up, then finally seeing the DLP hotel start to get more and more expensive (because the cheaper rooms where getting booked). Finally I added international calling to my phone, called DLP, and asked if they have an AP discount for the DLP hotel. Sure enough they did, making a $1,500 2 night stay a $866 2 night stay, yes, without park tickets. Cost for an AP was $284. Total cost for both was (before taxes, etc) $1,150. Not only did I get a cheaper stay, but now I will have an AP, if/when I go back again. Always ask for AP discounts for any place you plan to stay, even if its only a single night, you never know, it might just pay for the AP! This is not the first time I have done this, same situation with Universal Orlando when I stayed their. All you have to do is ask. The rep, Liam, told me to go online and get the AP, then call them back. I asked "Can't you place the order for the AP for me over the phone?". It took at least 5 minutes on hold before he came back and told me he could, so we both learned something. He ordered the AP, the room, etc, all in 1 call, so much easier than using the website!

So, always ask for discounts, always call!

AP discounts work out so well! I would check first though that the AP you’ve bought qualifies for the discount and that it doesn’t have black out dates when you plan to visit. It looks like you got one of the cheaper ones so I’m guessing that there will be some.

Have an amazing trip! I’m sure you’ll love the Disneyland Hotel!

As the Op bought the AP in the same phone call as booking the room I would hope that they would have pointed out if there were black out days when they were there but still worth checking.
The other thing which crossed my mind is that the cheapest AP always used to have restrictions that you couldn't use it for day 2 and 3 after activation. I dont know if this still applies as they have changed the APs last year and Ive not really looked at the terms and conditions. Also I dont know if it will be dated from day of first use or day you bought it .

Good discount though and hopefully none of these things will apply

Don't worry, I asked ALL the questions.... Verified blackout dates for sure... that might have been my first question :)

I found out that the Plus pass has a 40% off on rooms and the Infonity AP gives 50% off! I wonder if that applies to suites? 50% off a $6,000 a night room is a big deal!

The discounts often dont apply to club level rooms

Also they are usually up to rather than that percentage off all the time so check carefully so eg up to 40% off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!