My first compaint thread

Sleepyluke

DIS Veteran
While I love DCL and don't like the way some things seem to be headed, I have my first complaint worth starting a thread.

Eggos in Tritons...

Come on DCL, Mickey waffles in Cabanas are good, and cant be that much harder to make. Why would you serve anyone a soggy Eggo waffle, and not even the good Eggos......

On the Wonder last week and while we had some amazing food, this is sticking with me!

While I love DCL and don't like the way some things seem to be headed, I have my first complaint worth starting a thread.

Eggos in Tritons...

Come on DCL, Mickey waffles in Cabanas are good, and cant be that much harder to make. Why would you serve anyone a soggy Eggo waffle, and not even the good Eggos......

On the Wonder last week and while we had some amazing food, this is sticking with me!
We had those nasty soggy waffles years ago and I would have hoped someone would have wised up by now.

Ewwwww. I pay way too much money to have soggy eggo waffles on a cruise. Bad move, Disney, bad move.

Must be the same "Belgium" waffles as the Disney Junior character breakfast. I ordered expecting a nice thick, fluffy waffle- nope basically an Eggo. They have Mickey waffles on the menu too, not sure why these are even offered.

DH and I have only eaten the Mickey waffles in Cabanas. Didn't know they served soggy waffles in the MDR for breakfast. Definitely will not venture there. Sticking with the Mickey's.

I'm with the question if it was debarkation morning. Any time they are trying to get you out quick (debarkation morning, character breakfast, etc.) they usually have pre-plated selections and yes, the waffles are eggo-like things.

@Cruising Engineer On non-debarkation mornings I had no problem getting Mickey Waffles in the MDR. Even gluten-free ones.

I have never been a fan of the MDR breakfast, its just "meh", I prefer Cabanas much more.
Love the hash browns and oatmeal, eat it everyday.

I'm with the question if it was debarkation morning. Any time they are trying to get you out quick (debarkation morning, character breakfast, etc.) they usually have pre-plated selections and yes, the waffles are eggo-like things.

@Cruising Engineer On non-debarkation mornings I had no problem getting Mickey Waffles in the MDR. Even gluten-free ones.

We were on the Fantasy last week and I had Mickey waffles every day and yes, on debarkation morning they had the "eggo" waffles. I wasn't the only one disappointed. I said the same thing...they're trying to get rid of us!

This is so weird. One of the few times I have ever had bad food on a DCL cruise was the last morning, and it was a waffle; all the other days of the weeklong cruise the waffles had been good....

it's like having the frozen Krispie Kream donuts on board. I would much rather have one of their made onboard croissants (especially the chocolate ones!!)

They don't even look good! And by the end of the cruise.... yuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!