My first PTR, our first trip together as hubs & wife. Lots of firsts!

jaci-h

If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over hi
Well hello! :) I've been lurking dis for a couple days now and I decided to start my first PTR!:cool1:

We are Jaci & Wesley H. We've been married one fabulous month:lovestruc, but we've known each other for 5 years. Started dating 4.5 years ago, engaged 19 months ago. Married 1 month ago!

We live in a lovely little suburb (if you could call it that) of Dallas, Texas. DH works in the recreation field and I am a nanny. Looking for a big girl job. I *officially* graduate in August. :rotfl:

The Cast of Characters
me.jpg

This is me! I am currently a nanny, looking for full time work. I am about to receive my B.A. in Sociology. and do goodness-knows-what with it. I have been to WDW three times. The first time, I don't remember it at all. The second time, I was in eighth grade and had an absolute blast. and the third time was last March, with my best friend/last college roommate. I'll put up a link to her unfinished TR.

hubby.jpg

This is my awesome DH & best friend in the whole world. We were hanging out this morning in bed and I was reading some TRs and he revealed to me that he has never been to Disney World. :eek::scared1: Somewhere in our 5 years of knowing each other (and an engagement, marriage, & moving in together) that little detail slipped through the cracks. I almost fainted! Then I realized I get the honors of taking him on his first WDW trip! :banana: :woohoo:

We can't forget these characters:
JP.jpg

JP, my rescued kitty. 3 years old. Loves sleeping on the top of bookshelves.

jake.jpg

Jake, DH's 4 year old Brittany/Sheltie/mutt mix. He is also a rescue. He loves getting under the covers of our bed, while we're not looking. He's definitely not allowed up there!

dakota.jpg

Dakota, our newest addition. He is a Great Pyrenees/Shepard mix. He is the most anxiety ridden dog, and was rescued from an abused home. My dad adopted him, but when my parents got divorced didn't want him anymore. So we took him in last month. He is a sweetie.

Well, that's about the end of my first installment. Next time I'll answer these questions: When are we going to WDW? Where are we staying? What are we going to do with our fur babies? and lastly... how the heck are we going to pay for this trip?!

:thumbsup2

popcorn::popcorn:: Subbing.............

It's always fun to plan a trip with someone that has not been to Disney before.

I can't wait to hear more about your plans. :surfweb:

Welll, I'm back!

Here are the details of our pending Disney vacation!

We are hoping to go 4 nights, 4 days at Disney & 1 day hanging with my sister who attends UCF down the road!

Tentative dates are:
December 5-9
December 9-13
February 4-8

I'm hoping for the December 5-9 dates, but it very well could be Feb, depending how easily we get our finances for this trip together.

Where are we staying?
Good darn question. I am totally sold for staying on property. My last trip, we stayed at my sister's apartment and driving to WDW every day (25 mins each way) just wasn't magical-- especially due to tolls and traffic. DH isn't exactly sold on the idea of staying on property. I'm working on him!

If everything goes right (i.e. we get out $$ for flight and hotel together ASAP, I get a job-- sooo close) we'd like to stay at Coronado Springs! BUT if I get a PIN in the mail... we want to try for the Poly. That would be fabulous

Dining: we're not going with dining plan on this trip. We'll probably bring breakfast-y foods into our room (you know, poptarts & granola bars), pack snacks, and maybe pack lunch. Dinners will be a mix of ADRs & quick service.

How are we paying for this? I know not usually a relevant question but a) I am currently jobless. BUT that could be over by the end of the week. I have a nanny interview & and a preschool teacher interview.

So a couple questions from a trip planning newbie...

1) how to I up my chances of getting a PIN in my email?
2) what are the advantages to staying on property?

:rotfl::cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter