My GIFS won't work

Steppesister

DIS Veteran
Hey All,

I"ve been trying for weeks to post gifs. None of them work. I right click copy on giphy and youtube ones, and paste them into my TR, but they aren't animated. What am I doing wrong?

I thought it was just me.

Mine were animated previously, but now when I post them they stay still.......

Anyone have an answer for this?

Hey All,

I"ve been trying for weeks to post gifs. None of them work. I right click copy on giphy and youtube ones, and paste them into my TR, but they aren't animated. What am I doing wrong?

I just realised when I click on them and post they change from a gif, to having a code PNG in the link???? My son said it`s changing to a Ping.....which I have no clue what that is.....apparently a still picture instead of animated.

Have no clue why it`s suddenly doing this...….

Hope someone from the Technical board can help.

My son said it`s changing to a Ping.....which I have no clue what that is.....apparently a still picture instead of animated.
I don't understand all the tech-y stuff, either. But, a PNG, (vs a JPEG) usually means that the background is transparent on an image. But, yes, it's a still picture.

I'm not sure how to post a GIF. Perhaps the "upgrade" to the "new" server (a while back) eliminated that possibility.

Last edited:

OK, so I did a test. I just went and found a random GIF, and copied the URL address in the address bar. Then I posted that directly into a post, and look what happened:

Is that how you are posting your GIF?

Thank you PrincessShmoo.…..I can get one above to work, the way you described, but others send a link to Clipboard?? I have no idea what or where Clipboard is......

I always just copied and pasted the image directly on to the post in my trip reports, and the ones I posted previously are all still happily animated.

But, since I came back, they`re posting as png….I haven't altered anything on my laptop.

This is the second one I tried…..

Thank you so much for trying to help I appreciate it......

Last edited:
When I try to copy the URL direct from the top…it just takes me to a link to Google search for the subject with pictures.....for example Capt Jack Sparrow.

OK, so I did a test. I just went and found a random GIF, and copied the URL address in the address bar. Then I posted that directly into a post, and look what happened:

Is that how you are posting your GIF?
I think yes, that's what I was doing... I'll keep experimenting!! Thanks so much! Appreciate all the replies and tips!

I've noticed the same thing. Copying a gif from a google image search and then pasting it ends up pasting as a PNG most of the time. I don't understand why.

I've noticed the same thing. Copying a gif from a google image search and then pasting it ends up pasting as a PNG most of the time. I don't understand why.

It`s weird isn't it!

I just looked at this earlier on my ipad and I can see the second gif above I posted and it`s moving, I thought yahoo, it`s working again.....….but, on my laptop I see an X and an empty space.

I`m sticking to motionless meme`s for now!

It`s weird isn't it!

I just looked at this earlier on my ipad and I can see the second gif above I posted and it`s moving, I thought yahoo, it`s working again.....….but, on my laptop I see an X and an empty space.

I`m sticking to motionless meme`s for now!
I use them so infrequently that I am also just fine with still ones. Whatever. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts