My Guide not answering

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to find out if my Guide is still working . I have called and no one picks up . I have emailed for months and no reply.
So who do I call to see if their still with DVC

Most of the DVC sales reps are still furloughed (or May have even been laid off by this point). There is a skeleton crew working in the main sales office consisting of the most senior sales staff. It’s been this way since June unfortunately. We haven’t heard a peep from our sales rep and we emailed him numerous times. They lose all access to their work email while on furlough.

My guide retired. But I was sent a card in the mail informing me of this. I called the sales number and was assigned to the next guide in the queue

My guide retired. But I was sent a card in the mail informing me of this. I called the sales number and was assigned to the next guide in the queue
Was your guide Joan Lane, by any chance? We only found out she retired when we went to tour Riviera in Sept (we had bought there last year). A card would have been nice, but after going through about 6 guides & never receiving any notification of any of their departures, we're getting kind of used to being randomly surprised.

Was your guide Joan Lane, by any chance? We only found out she retired when we went to tour Riviera in Sept (we had bought there last year). A card would have been nice, but after going through about 6 guides & never receiving any notification of any of their departures, we're getting kind of used to being randomly surprised.
Yes, it was.

I was told by a DVC cast member working in a hotel loby some guides were laid off. I was also told DVC has completely Re Imagined the DVC tour/buying process.

I got a canned email from my assigned guide about incentives, I noticed his title was Virtual Sales Guide.

I did get an email stating that my guide was no longer with Disney & I was hoping to find a new guide local to Aulani, I wasn't going to call until the resort reopened. I was really sad to hear that she was no longer there since she was my guide for 9 years. I wonder how the 'viftual' guide thing will work?

We used to have a guide assigned to us by name on all the emails and mailed out stuff we got from DVC. Now there is no name listed any more. Either he no longer works for the company or if furloughed or they decided it was fruitless to try to talk us into buying more points. Not going to happen any more.

After purchasing and the initial paperwork being sent out, we've never heard from our guide at all. I'm sure we got a card a few years back saying she'd retired and have no idea who our assigned guide was after that.

Do they normally keep in touch and deal with DVC owners directly? I've always just called/chatted with MS if I've needed anything.

When we first bought, our guide stayed with us for maybe 10 years. She was very helpful booking DVC stays, DCL stays and RCI stays. Then she retired and we were reassigned another guide. We actually met him once when at WDW. He was always helpful, always left a "greetings" message wherever we checked in. A few years ago he retired or left. Since then it is whatever random person answers the phone. Would have really helped the transparency and feeling of fairness during some of our cancellations/rebookings this year if we had a "name". Can you request to be assigned a guide?

After purchasing and the initial paperwork being sent out, we've never heard from our guide at all. I'm sure we got a card a few years back saying she'd retired and have no idea who our assigned guide was after that.

Do they normally keep in touch and deal with DVC owners directly? I've always just called/chatted with MS if I've needed anything.

I've had 3? guides since I first purchased in 2000. Most contact has been through emails, and mostly about buying more points. I've received notification that I had a new guide from the new guide through email, basically saying 'I'm your new guide. Let me know if you want more points.'

I've also received calls on visits, both message left type calls and an in person call, mostly touching base and wishing me a nice vacation.

I consider the guide to be sales staff and that's pretty much it. Member Services is to me the main force that attends to any special circumstances I might encounter, such as when I had to cancel inside 30 days due to a hurricane and trying to get rescheduled.

I would definitely call my guide if I were planning on a purchase and also, when I've made visits to view new resort rooms, they always check to see who my guide is and to see if my visit coincides with the guide being available - good sales tactic. My guide(s) haven't had to work hard to sell me as I made 4 purchases.

Any other info needed can usually be found or heard about on the Disboards :)

I finally got an answer today that my Guide has been layoff 😪.
She IS great at her job. Became a friend, not just a sales agent.
I am hoping Disney is listening and will return all of the workers soon, because without them the magic to me is less.

(I didn't add her name because I wasn't sure if it was allowed)

Last edited:
I finally got an answer today that my Guide has been layoff 😪.
She IS great at her job. Became a friend, not just a sales agent.
I am hoping Disney is listening and will return all of the workers soon, because without them the magic to me is less.

I’m sorry! I’m crazy about my guide and hope she’s there as long as she wants to be. I would be really sad if she was let go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter